What Do You Do During The Lockdown?

Fully charged and ready to go!

Always :cool:
66734A49-469B-4E21-86BD-C262CA5AB875.jpeg

Congratulations Stefan Mikes for the picture of the seat with a groove big enough to clear my "glands"! In the humor dept. I asked bing search engine to find me an "aL66L" seat as shown in the picture, and they directed me to Home Depot, Walgreen's (Boots the chemiist to Europeans), and ELAL airlines.
However modernbike.com had one in Iowa. What is really cool is it has rails that might fit my yubabike. the only other seat I've seen with rails is the Brooks, and they are high in the middle and low on the sides, definite **** squeezers. My home design converter from rail to seat post for the mesinger seat I've been using is unreliable to say the least, and the 5/16" all thread rail replacement broke last October stranding me at a friend's house 27 miles out until he went to the farm store and bought me some more all thread stock.
I've been cutting my own hair for 3 years, since the last male barber in Jeffersonville closed up. Not going to attend salons that also give permanents (that stink). Doesn't look as good as the barber 11 miles out in Charlestown, but I usually pass his shop when open outbound, and I don't have a shower out at the summer camp to wash the itchy debris off. Inbound it is usually Sunday afternoon when he is closed.
The bad news is, I caught a virus at the physician's office Thursday. Probably when the other physician walked through the door I was holding, thanking me, instead of maintaining his social distance. We'll see tomorrow if it is the 24 hour variety, which means it is something I had before, or some virus new and exciting. Muscles are all sore, temp 98.2 (which could be 2.7 deg fever for me). I'd never get a covid19 test, they would sort me out at the health department trailer outside the hospital with a 98 deg temperature, even if my fingernails were blue. I have to buy veternary thermometers to get any reading but "E" when I am not very ill. Deaths in Indiana are running 5% of tests, which means the health department are not testing often enough to trace contacts to prevent the transmission of covis19.

Last edited:
Congratulations Stefan Mikes for the picture of the seat with a groove big enough to clear my "glands"! In the humor dept. I asked bing search engine to find me an "aL66L" seat as shown in the picture, and they directed me to Home Depot, Walgreen's (Boots the chemiist to Europeans), and ELAL airlines.
However modernbike.com had one in Iowa. What is really cool is it has rails that might fit my yubabike. the only other seat I've seen with rails is the Brooks, and they are high in the middle and low on the sides, definite **** squeezers. My home design converter from rail to seat post for the mesinger seat I've been using is unreliable to say the least, and the 5/16" all thread rail replacement broke last October stranding me at a friend's house 27 miles out until he went to the farm store and bought me some more all thread stock.
I've been cutting my own hair for 3 years, since the last male barber in Jeffersonville closed up. Not going to attend salons that also give permanents (that stink). Doesn't look as good as the barber 11 miles out in Charlestown, but I usually pass his shop when open outbound, and I don't have a shower out at the summer camp to wash the itchy debris off. Inbound it is usually Sunday afternoon when he is closed.
The bad news is, I caught a virus at the physician's office Thursday. Probably when the other physician walked through the door I was holding, thanking me, instead of maintaining his social distance. We'll see tomorrow if it is the 24 hour variety, which means it is something I had before, or some virus new and exciting. Muscles are all sore, temp 98.2 (which could be 2.7 deg fever for me). I'd never get a covid19 test, they would sort me out at the health department trailer outside the hospital with a 98 deg temperature, even if my fingernails were blue. I have to buy veternary thermometers to get any reading but "E" when I am not very ill. Deaths in Indiana are running 5% of tests, which means the health department are not testing often enough to trace contacts to prevent the transmission of covis19.

We all hope that you get well soon and keep us posted.

My wife and I both received the second round of the Shingles shot three days ago. Afterwards both of us felt like we got hit by a truck, with muscle pain and fatigue. We both had the same reaction with the first round of shots. What the hell is it with these Shingles shots?
Luckily, we both feel better today and were able to go for a nice bike ride. It felt great to be outside in the fresh air.
Our Chocolate Lab also got to go for a walk in the forest today, after missing her walks for a couple of days. We're lucky, in that our 2.5 acre property backs on to 250 acres of forest, with lots of trails. For her it's dog heaven.

My wife and I both received the second round of the Shingles shot three days ago. Afterwards both of us felt like we got hit by a truck, with muscle pain and fatigue.
The vaccinations that really hurt, for 24 hours, are doing you a lot of good. You're body is seriously memorizing that pattern so it will destroy it if it sees it again. The people like my Dad and Mrs Meek in Sunday School, shingles took them out for 3 months. So 3 days of soreness is really worth it.
The swine flu shot I got in January after the epidemic, didn't even make my arm sore. Which means that nasty flu I had in October was that. Some years the flu shots do nothing, which is a bad sign IMHO.
Edit 3/30 my temp is back to 97.2 after 18 hours, must have picked up a cold virus I had before.

Last edited:
I've been fitting our newish eBikes (stem/handlebars) as well as customizing them for us:
  • Dropper seat post height (required motor removal to be able to feed wire through a few more inches)
  • Tannus Armour + Tubolite all around
  • Less-aggressive off road tires on one bike (to Maxxis Chronicles, apparently no longer being made in 27.5" size anymore)
  • Brake side-grade from SRAM to Shimano (I prefer dealing with mineral oil instead of DOT fluid)
  • Pedal upgrade
  • Grip upgrade
  • Clean up cable routing (including internal)
  • Frame protection from chain slap (used Xpel), may add to some other areas for small rock/pebble protection
  • A couple Bafang Ultra programming tweaks (reduce PAS power max in levels 1 & 2, slow throttle ramp)
Have taken a few short rides as part of the upgrade/tuning process. Starting to get concerned that if we get more than a little bit hurt while riding it would be scary/bad due to the virus - either hospital would be already overwhelmed or their own protection concerns would delay/hurt our treatment. Hasn't really stopped us from riding yet - we're blaming that on the weather.

Greetings from the State School for The Circus Arts in Julinek!
🤣

Last edited:
I try to carry on w/ life in the old manner as much as possible, but w/ some changes. Instead of my morning coffee ritual at my favorite coffee house, I make it at home and bring it to the park, or grab a coffee and a cookie at Subway and head there. I've even gone on picnics w/ people like this. They sit on one end of the picnic table, and I sit at the other end on the other side.

I still grocery shop w/ disposable gloves, throw them away at home, then wipe everything down w/ Lysol. There's no thrift stores open during our stay-at-home directive, so instead of getting books to read there I hit the Little Libraries that people have at the edge of their yards. My goal is to have as normal a life as I can so I don't get wigged out, and actually, it works better than I'd expected. Being able to ride my eBike in low traffic and having wonderful parks to go to is a blessing.

If I was the tennis type, that also looks like a great way to get exercise and have a conversation over the net.

Just found this, and thought I'd share it here. Laughter is the best medicine for sure, and this will take our minds off The New Reality. This thread reminded me that I used to love watching this program.

Last edited:
I must be snake-bitten on last Tuesday. First, my smartphone died. No surprise, it was hit and fell so many times it had to break some day. Alright, ordering a new phone online (using my PC) to only find out the transaction had to be authorised using the old smartphone... Luckily, I own an LTE tablet, so I moved the SIM card to the tablet and could confirm the payment. Two days waiting for the delivery (and using the tablet as a smartphone meanwhile) for a person using the phone for so many activities, from paying with GPay through GPS navigation to controlling the Smart TV is really hard.

Next, the carrier in my touring e-bike broke. Effectively it means one e-bike less for a period of time.

Next, Amazon stopped offering/shipping goods from North America to Poland (perhaps to Europe as the region).

My new handlebars are stuck in France and my new suspension seat post is stuck in San Francisco.

I can't believe all that happens!

I must be snake-bitten on last Tuesday. First, my smartphone died. .
Next, the carrier in my touring e-bike broke.
Next, Amazon stopped offering/shipping goods from North America to Poland (perhaps to Europe as the region).
My new handlebars are stuck in France and my new suspension seat post is stuck in San Francisco.
So on national watch a streaming service month, the 32" TV with the new mainboard, lost power. I pushed back to the wall socket to reseat the plug, and backing out knocked it off the table, breaking the glass. That's how I got a used mainboard for $40, people break the glass all the time.
Have a converter to watch HDMI from tuner through a 11" computer monitor, but the heads feet & subtitles are all cut off. Also when PBS dives into cooking shows or soap opera (Doc Martin, 800 Words) I can't play any of the 150 DVD I recorded, those come out yellow red white RCA plugs, which I don't know the name of so I can't buy a DVI converter.
They had a 31.5" LG at Meijer's yesterday $35 off, but the bike was loaded with groceries. Paper towels were tied on top. Forced myself to go to store because I was near out of diabetes medicine and I needed an upgrade on blood pressure medicine. Dr didn't call in the blood pressure medicine and the insurance co won't let me have diabetes medicine 10 days before I'm out. Do I dare go back & buy the TV today? I don't think so. Maybe next month. 1000 new cases in Indiana yesterday.
Problem with ordering TV online, you are not allowed to know where anything is made until you receive it. I don't buy expensive toys from *****. Was thrilled the Selle Royale seat I received yesterday was made in Italy, which tries to treat its people rather well.

Last edited:
Back