What Do You Do During The Lockdown?

Interesting design from Michelin... after watching the video, I understand the use of sealant but not the purpose of the knobby surface inner tube?
Quote:

The innovative Michelin Protek Max inner tube is able to prevent air leakage in the case of a puncture. Thanks to its knobbly surface, the Protek Max compresses and closes the hole in the event of piercing or nipping where a regular inner tube would expand the hole (balloon effect). The self plugging effect is furthermore increased by sealant inside the tube. The Protek Max inner tube holds air about twice as long as the classic Michelin Airstop.

Thanks to its square profile the Michelin Protek Max inner tube is naturally positioned correctly in the tire and the rim, reducing the risk of getting twisted or mangled.
Unquote.

What a lovely day! I could just pull the Spring cycling jacket on, a medium helmet taken on the way to the garage, the rest of the clothing just casual and I could ride 3 miles (total) to pick up up the Nespresso delivery from the local parcel locker. Even the wind didn't matter at that warm weather! What a feeling: Not needing to waste an hour to prepare for a winter ride anymore. (Driving the car would take about the same time).

1585315049330.png

Last edited:
What a lovely day! I could just pull the spring cycling jacked on, a medium helmet taken on the way to the garage, the rest of the clothing just casual and I could ride 3 miles (total) to pick up up the Nespresso delivery from the local parcel locker. Even the wind didn't matter at that warm weather! What a feeling: Not needing to waste an hour to prepare for a winter ride anymore. (Driving the car would take about the same time).

View attachment 48404
Stefan this pic angle makes your seat look huge! (-:

View attachment 48167
Made in Indonesia?! Why not in Germany?

All Schwalbe tires are made in either Indonesia or Vietnam. They have never been produced in Germany, even though the company was founded there.

There is no lockdown yet here in Northern Virginia, but many businesses are closed. My co-op is still open. While we are not offering open shop hours for people to work on their own bikes, we are accepting repairs. A lot of people want to get their bike serviced, so I have been extremely busy.

Here's the list of items that are in transit and I just can't wait to receive them!
  1. Park Tool PRS-25 work stand and some tools -- in transit via DPD (currently in Warsaw)
  2. Baramind BAM Trek handlebars -- in transit by the French Colissimo (currently somewhere in France)
  3. Specialized charger for Vado batteries -- in transit by InPost (currently in Warsaw)
  4. Body Float Kinekt 2.1 seat-post -- in transit via UPS (currently in Bellingham, WA)
Arrrgh!

I've been pondering, with all the lock down taking place... how many people are going to be absolutely freaking out because they can't get their hair done!? 🤔
I imagine many people will be showing their "true colors" soon. 🤪

Me! Me! I need a hair trim and no stylist available.
My left wrist is somewhat limited so I wonder if I could trim my own hair with one hand??
The end result would be pretty scary looking so maybe it’s good I’m stuck at home.
😛🤪🤯😷

... sorry☹

I luck out in regards to this. I started getting a few grey hairs hairs in my early 20s but they weren't really noticeable till my late 40s. My hair is curly and I've been cutting it myself for 30 some odd years...

I've been pondering, with all the lock down taking place... how many people are going to be absolutely freaking out because they can't get their hair done!? 🤔
I imagine many people will be showing their "true colors" soon. 🤪

I suspect there are going to be a lot of things like that coming up in the next few months.

Getting ready to do some fishing along the Bayous here in Houston when the time comes. Put together a spare battery carrier for extra distance. Not the prettiest but feel its secure in my travels and rides well and balanced. Hope everyone stays well through all of this.

Attachments

• Pic1.JPG
    Pic1.JPG
    772.7 KB · Views: 321
  1. Body Float Kinekt 2.1 seat-post -- in transit via UPS (currently in Bellingham, WA)
Arrrgh!

I was just there for a month and a half and can guarantee it is a long way from Warsaw....might take awhile. I'd wipe it down well also as WA state is an epicenter for the virus

I find myself wishing I had not waited for a hair cut as well. I'm thinking there may be a few of us sporting pony tails before this is over....

Back