Weight of various Orbea Gain models

Lev

Orbea Gain owners - could you please share (approx) how much your bike model weighs? I.e. something like "I have a D30 and it weighs XXlb". Thinking of picking one up and knowing the weight would be really helpful for choosing which model to get. I imagine weight is not an issue for riding with assist, but my commute includes a train so being able to carry the bike easily is a big plus.

Thanks!

Orbea Gain owners - could you please share (approx) how much your bike model weighs? I.e. something like "I have a D30 and it weighs XXlb". Thinking of picking one up and knowing the weight would be really helpful for choosing which model to get. I imagine weight is not an issue for riding with assist, but my commute includes a train so being able to carry the bike easily is a big plus.

Thanks!

Lev, I have a M20i, with Mavic Cosmic Wheels, just under 25lbs. It always feels heavy (especially the rear end) when compared to my normal road bikes.

Reactions: Lev
My M20i a step lower level than Jaxx is 27.4 lbs. That's with 3 Garmin mounts, egg beater pedals, to bottle cages and an under seat mount for my seat bag.
So 10lbs more than my other road bikes.

My M30 is two steps lower than Brew is 27.5 lbs with 35 mm G-One tyres and SHIMANO SPD pedals, two bottle cages. 7.5 lbs more than my other road bike.

Last edited:
My M30 tow steps lower than Brew is 27.5 lbs with 35 mm G-One tyres and SHIMANO SPD pedals, two bottle cages. 7.5 lbs more than my other road bike.

I should add. I have swapped over a few items from stock delivery?

Time Monoblock Carbon 120mm Stem.

Fizik Aliante Carbon Rail Saddle

Time Xpresso 12 Pedals

FSA Nano Carbon Compact Bars

Continental 5000 28mm Tyres

Dura Ace 12-28 Cassette

2 Time Carbon Bottle Holders

Orbea Gain D20 (2018 alloy, Tiagra version, Small) 14.5kg = 31.9 lbs. Ritchey WCS seatpost, Bioflex carbon saddle, 28mm GP4000iis. SPD pedals (Boardman). 2 carbon bottle cages , phone + holder.
(almost exactly twice the weight of my Rose!)

Orbea Gain D20 (2018 alloy, Tiagra version, Small) 14.5kg = 31.9 lbs. Ritchey WCS seatpost, Bioflex carbon saddle, 28mm GP4000iis. SPD pedals (Boardman). 2 carbon bottle cages , phone + holder.
(almost exactly twice the weight of my Rose!)

Do you ride in eco mode and if you do how does it compare to your Rose on the flats?

Do you ride in eco mode and if you do how does it compare to your Rose on the flats?

I bought and use the Gain because I've developed vascular disease which is severely restricting blood supply to muscles in both legs. As a result the last time I rode the Rose my calves were screaming within 3 - 4 miles, and every slight gradient was like a mountain - so it is difficult to compare the two bikes. Before health issues arose I remember the Rose Xeon CRS feeling light, fast, 'eager' from the off - some bikes just want to go, others are sluggish. My Gain enables me to continue riding - almost always using the eco mode, except when gradient/wind/tiredness demand more. It makes up for my loss of leg power. Un-assisted I find it heavy and painful hard work (and much harder work than the Rose) - but assisted it works great for me. So I can't really answer your question - If it weren't for my legs I'd still be riding the Rose!

I have a Gain F30, which is the cheapest (I think) standard Gain. With pedals (some cheap brand) it weighs 36 pounds, so it's hardly light weight. However, since the terrain where I ride is absolutely flat with no hills at all weight wasn't really a concern for me, since that's normally an issue with climbing hills. I forgot to mention that it's the large size. I guess the smaller sizes would weigh a bit less.

Wow, I didn't realize my F30 weighs that much. But I haven't put it on a scale. Lifting it, it feels just a bit heavier than a normal hybrid. Last week I carried it down 3 flights of stairs at the metro without much trouble even with rack and pannier. Carrying it up would have been a strain. It feels quite easy pedaling without assist on flats, not fast but most hybrids aren't.

Well I have added a bike rack to the back, that may have added a pound or so, but I think most of the weight is in the stock Kenda .38mm tires, they're probably quite heavy. I'm guessing that a non-electric hybrid probably weighs around 29 pounds, so it's not really that much heavier. From what research I've done weight is really a minuscule part of the riding equation, and I guess this is an incentive for me to loose 5 pounds of body weight. :)

Lev, I have a M20i, with Mavic Cosmic Wheels, just under 25lbs. It always feels heavy (especially the rear end) when compared to my normal road bikes.
Mine too. Was thinking it was pretty light until I picked up my old bike.

I have an m30 large frame with Shimano pedals and bottle cage, 27.5 pounds. I am a member of the fake knees club and love the bike. I try to get in 3 to 4 30 mile rides a week and run eco mode 70%, no power 30%. Riding no power it feels much like my gravel bike. That said, I live in Florida and mostly all flat roads. Wind is our hills and if I don’t want to suffer going home into a headwind I crank it to level two and it’s a breeze! Bad pun.

Back