"Warwagon redux!"

kmccune

I finally got the trike assembled(easy) then came the disappointment, after several test rides I found out I couldn't ride the thing. I guess "Son of Warwagon" will have to do,I guess I will take the steel-framed ebike and modify it, I already have a larger battery, with headlight upgrade including convertor and 500watt motor for the front end should do the job, the motor on the front will be throttled with its own controller and display Iam hoping for regen, these ridges and hills around here are hard on brakes.
A little more about the Trike it is a middrive, the motor was nice and quiet, it was only 350 watts, running through the 7 spd cassette(or freewheel) it pulled very good, with the torque sensor the engagement was very smooth.It had the nicest integration on the built-in battery I have seen so far, the differential worked, the 160 mm disc brakes stopped it smartly, best display on a lower end bike I have seen, fit was good, the paint seemed a little thin. The two baskets were a nice touch, the Headlight and tail light worked good My big problem seemed to be that I was top heavy, never had much downstairs( shorter than average inseam hinted at that, plus the frame seemed small.
I hate to send it back, after all I went through to get it, it is what it is.
For the price this machine was a bargain,I think it would be better suited to a shorter younger rider, so back to the "Two wheeler" as Jimmy Dean said so eloquently" Dance with the one that brung Ya'", Cruisers brought me, Cruisers will take Me home.
( A note on the handling, you had to shift weight opposite the way you were turning and you didn't cut the wheel much, I saw where that was leading, a pretty expensive lesson- now I will say this" I will have to eat the return shipping, so if anyone around is interested in owning a 3 wheeler, they can have it at cost minus the return shipping and I would deliver up to 70 miles( Mad Leroy")

So sorry it didn't work out for you. Are you posting this in the for sale forum with pictures?

That Buzz trike is sharp looking! I'm trying to get my wife on a etrike. She has a MotoTriked Honda Silverwing scooter but it rarely gets ridden now that she retired. If you sell the Buzz what area are you located? I need to get off my butt and fix our beater Subaru Baja and need some motivation.

Probably should move to pm private message guys. Good luck.

Back