Vado firmware update

Mine was the same. Hard to read the number. Does not make sense. I am going to pick up mine from LBS today. I will check with them to see if there is a way to change.
getting a new motor😣🤫
I am not sure if their software will allow reverting back to older version FW. If not, the only option is to wait for Specialized to come up with a newer FW to fix this.
Wish they will just let us do this ourselves. It is such a hassle to have to take the bike to LBS for every little thing. Can't believe they don't even let us adjust the wheel diameter without taking to dealer. :rolleyes:

I picked up my bike today with a new motor. I did ask the LBS about the ODO. He had no clue and only offered to switch the location of it so you can see it better. See the pic. I assume you already know how to do this. If not let me know.
btw I am on 13.4 also.

Attachments

• 4ED4E1BA-BDC0-443F-9750-2FAA2D361808.jpeg
    4ED4E1BA-BDC0-443F-9750-2FAA2D361808.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 523
Turbo Vado 5.0 2019. According to MC App.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200310-124230~2.png
    Screenshot_20200310-124230~2.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 537
  • Screenshot_20200310-124212~2.png
    Screenshot_20200310-124212~2.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 542
  • Screenshot_20200310-124157~2.png
    Screenshot_20200310-124157~2.png
    110.8 KB · Views: 533
Turbo Vado 5.0 2019. According to MC App.
Mine corresponds except the battery which is 7.20.0. My LBS does not know how to update the firmware on the battery and specialized is saying my bike is all updated. Mystery.
just wrote to Specialized Rider Care with this question.
My LBS does not know anything about updating the battery separately. He said there is only one connection location that updates everything that is needed..

Last edited:
Mine corresponds except the battery which is 7.20.0. My LBS does not know how to update the firmware on the battery and specialized is saying my bike is all updated. Mystery.
just wrote to Specialized Rider Care with this question.
My LBS does not know anything about updating the battery separately. He said there is only one connection location that updates everything that is needed..

What model Vado do you have? I had my display upgrading recently from BLOK to TCD-w. First time, I noticed firmware specs. Also, I'm in 🇺🇸. Don't know if that matters. Hope you get a favorable response/solution soon.

I have a 2020 Vado 5.0. I live in California. My display corresponds with yours. We have discrepancy on battery mine is 7.20.0

Great! I'm Californian too. SCV/SFV/L.A. area. It mat be because you have the 2020 and I have the 2019. Not sure. The bike rides smooth. No major issues. LBS updated my display to TCD- w at no cost to me and 32 spokes DT Swiss front and rear. Same, no cost to me.

Great! I'm Californian too. SCV/SFV/L.A. area. It mat be because you have the 2020 and I have the 2019. Not sure. The bike rides smooth. No major issues. LBS updated my display to TCD- w at no cost to me and 32 spokes DT Swiss front and rear. Same, no cost to me.
Your battery version number is higher than mine so this should mean your version is newer??
I purchased my 2020 in Sept 2019.
they already changed the display once as I had some issues with assist level and they attributed that to the display. It worked well until recent firmware update (couple of weeks ago). The problem (surging) came back. This time they gave me a new motor. It has been running OK last two weeks.
All these off course without charge under warranty.

Your battery version number is higher than mine so this should mean your version is newer??
I purchased my 2020 in Sept 2019.
they already changed the display once as I had some issues with assist level and they attributed that to the display. It worked well until recent firmware update (couple of weeks ago). The problem (surging) came back. This time they gave me a new motor. It has been running OK last two weeks.
All these off course without charge under warranty.

Its great their taking care of you. I have no idea about firmware. I purchased my bike Feb 10, 2020. I've put 544 miles on it since then. I don't ride it in the rain. I wasn't there when the Firmware was updated. One of the mechanics told me to bring it in every couple of months specifically to check if my firmware is up to date. Well, you have my screen shots and model of my bike plus we're both in same state. Just use that as evidence that 2019 vs 2020 has higher battery firmware. Sometimes complaining loudly gets results. I got my bike through LBS "Incycles ." At first they tried to charge me 5000.00 for the bike and said it was 2020 model. Turns out it was 2019 model listed for 4250.00 Specialized website. I ended up getting refunded 750.00 + 9.5% sales tax. (Because I initially asked for 2020 model) The labeled tag on the bike was wrong. So to make things right my display got upgraded and (wheels) exchanged out my 28 spoke 14 stainless wheels for 32 Spoke DT Swiss wheels. I did contact the main shop in San Dimas. The owner got involved and fixed it.

There is another thread here "pretty cool training video" which shows how the battery is upgraded, towards the end of the video - it has to be done separately.

I am not sure if their software will allow reverting back to older version FW. If not, the only option is to wait for Specialized to come up with a newer FW to fix this.
Wish they will just let us do this ourselves. It is such a hassle to have to take the bike to LBS for every little thing. Can't believe they don't even let us adjust the wheel diameter without taking to dealer. :rolleyes:
My LBS took a picture of the ODO screen and will talk to Specialized

@Kam1936 what size is your battery. I wonder if that could be discrepancy of our firmware.
it is still a mystery.

This is same bike as yours, yes? Same Firmware as mine all 3, Display, Motor and battery.

Back