New Enviolo hub firmware / Vado 5.0IGH

That's too bad -- that a lot of effort to downgrade to the old firmware. Hopefully Enviolo realizes R48 was a step in the wrong direction and they fix in R49.

I don't even understand the value in doing a calibration so often... especially given low rate of calibration when it was a manual operation.

Just a thought along those lines -- my manual calibration with R47 was highly dependent on belt tension. If tension was too tight, gear range was limited (ie cadence ~100rpm for 25mph). But with lower belt tension I could pedal at <80rpm after calibration. So wondering if perhaps your belt tension is a bit too high, so it keeps recalibrating because it sees gear range is lower than expected?
This is the explanation of the newer support R48
The manual calibration process is now fully automatic and has been moved to the background. It is no longer necessary to calibrate the AUTOMATiQ.
Improved switching algorithm reduced unwanted behavior that could sometimes lead to busy behavior, excessive noise or an empty pedal feeling.
The Comfort, Eco and Sport profiles are now united in one profile that offers the best shifting experience under all conditions.

Back