First Impressions Vado 5 IGH Automatiq

Experience with Como 5.0 IGH

I cycle at a pedaling speed of 75-80 rpm (setting via display to "normal") and sometimes I have the feeling that the Enviolo does not adapt to a slope and then gets stuck in a heavy gear, it Doesn't always happen, but I have experienced this. I would think that the Enviolo hub also regulates this itself, since it also has a ring with a magnet that makes a choice in the variable shifting (CVT) depending on the speed?

Experience with Como 5.0 IGH

I cycle at a pedaling speed of 75-80 rpm (setting via display to "normal") and sometimes I have the feeling that the Enviolo does not adapt to a slope and then gets stuck in a heavy gear, it Doesn't always happen, but I have experienced this. I would think that the Enviolo hub also regulates this itself, since it also has a ring with a magnet that makes a choice in the variable shifting (CVT) depending on the speed?
I wrote down some of my findings regarding enviolo here https://forums.electricbikereview.c...rations-cadence-22t-tension.53873/post-621811

Main findings were that reducing belt tension after first calibrating at higher tension increased the available gear ratio (is automatiq unable to shift to high gears similar to how some manual shifters are stiff on some bikes?). But during an extreme case (belt tension below spec with 24T) I had hub slip. Recalibration eliminated slipping, but at the expense of reduced available gear ratio.

In the end, I swapped my 24T for a 22T and calibrated at ~35lbs and now have "slowest" cadence of ~53 and fastest at ~85 without slipping. I think I'm seeing the mechanical advantage of 24T- > 22T gear change + bike software not knowing I swapped in 22T (assuming the magnetic sensor attached to 22T is used) + running at lower tension resulting in reduced cadences. Note that I calibrated at lower tension with 22T, and also reduced torque of the RH hex nut that secures the automatiq to axle as it was torqued way over spec.

Prior to current config, my low speed riding was not great -- gears felt wrong and I felt pedals vibrating from belt having standing waves because automatiq was keeping me in gears that were too low for conditions. Now everything is great!

I been using the controller. There is no screen in case you didn't know. Company said they were going to ad a screen but changed their minds last minute. So far I love the controller. It makes shifting perfect for me. And at a stand still you can also change gears to low if you forgot to do it. So take off will be easier once you change to low gear at a stand still.

My controller came with no battery. So had to buy one. Customer service told me it was suppose to come with one so they refunded me $5.00.

When shifting you get a real cool sound that I really like. Sounds like zig zig zig, best that I can describe. And it shifts pretty fast too.

I don't like that I have to use the enviolo app every time before I ride in the mornings And switch it to manual. So far I have not seen any way of keeping it on manual.

If you find a way please let us know. Thanks.
Perhaps a solution if the communication between the Specialized and the Enviolo is broken (canbus low & High),
the Enviolo will remain in its last position when switched on.

Back