Vado firmware update

Stefan i have both the same frimware as you.
Have you upgraded yours, and what concrete improvements are you getting?
I have an authorized service, so I'm thinking of upgrading ...

, Yesterday I was at LBS, we connected the bike via RoPD® to a program to update. I think the program is called "Specialized studio"
The battery was updated, on version 7.3.4, while the engine did not show the need to update. Now, the display is BLOX and I think the update goes via the display? The service technician did not have a USB cable that connects to the block and BTW this is the first time he has seen VADO 6.0 live. What exactly do I need a cable to connect the display?
Stefan i have both the same frimware as you.
Have you upgraded yours, and what concrete improvements are you getting?
I have an authorized service, so I'm thinking of upgrading ...
Hi,
Yesterday I was at LBS, we connected the bike via RoPD® to a program to update. I think the program is called "Specialized studio"
The battery was updated, on version 7.3.4, while the engine did not show the need to update.
Now, the display is BLOKS and I think the update goes via the display?
The service technician did not have a USB cable that connects to the BLOKS and BTW this is the first time he has seen VADO 6.0 live.
What exactly do I need a cable to connect the display?

I think it is the regular micro-USB cable.
Motor will not get any updates.
Igor, did you ask what about the Specialized BLOCKS to TCD-W update program? If you only could have the display replaced...

Attachments

• C9425F7C-3EDA-4788-9E05-21B2001CCD5D.jpeg
    C9425F7C-3EDA-4788-9E05-21B2001CCD5D.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 203
  • 25125CFC-AF5F-47FF-80EC-80F2621D9522.jpeg
    25125CFC-AF5F-47FF-80EC-80F2621D9522.jpeg
    400.4 KB · Views: 211
Not for sure.
As I understand you have a good relationship with your LBC, can I ask you to check with him?
THX.
They did everything to replace my BLOCKS with TCD-W to get rid of the trouble... I'm talking about the LBS where I bought Vado.
The new LBS are young people who started with TCD-W Vados. (Try to insert a normal micro USB plug).

Is there a list I can reference to see what each update does? In the app it shows I'm in need of an update on 2 things. The bike rides fine, hits 28mph, etc. I want to see what the update does before heading to the LBS to have it updated.

Is there a list I can reference to see what each update does? In the app it shows I'm in need of an update on 2 things. The bike rides fine, hits 28mph, etc. I want to see what the update does before heading to the LBS to have it updated.
No.

My gripe, too. I would like to know what they "fix" and also current version number. When my Creo update went bad, there was no display of any version info for the four items. I will say, that the bike still worked but it is still unsatisfying to be in the dark.

Hello, Same here…My Vado 4.0 says I have an update available.. Wish we could know what it does.. Has anyone tried to contact Specialized? Maybe they are unresponsive? I’ll shoot them an email as well..

Posted this under another topic also.
2020 Vado 5.
Mission Controls says I need firmware update.
LBS system says all is updated. Anyone else to report similar.

2020 Vado 5.
Yes, similar experience. LBS said they updated to latest firmware before I left the shop with new SL. But with first run of Mission Control - app said the bike needed updating. MC indicated the latest firmware fixes an issue where the bike slows under 15% battery. I don't typically get down that low on the charge but did seem like bike speed was/is restricted at that lower battery level. I'm passing by my LBS this week and will try to get more information.

2020 Vado 5.
The Specialized app for both of our 2020 Vado 5s is reporting that firmware updates are avialable; "see your dealer" being the solution. I stopped by during a ride through town. The shop did an update and told me I was good to go. I checked when I got home, the app is still reporting that updates were available.

My wife and I both stopped by a few days later. A more senior mechanic got involved. After a lengthy call to Specialized he explained that their software shows everything is up to date, but our apps and Specialized support show updates as being available. Specialized acknowledged that the issue is their problem. The dealer committed to get back to me when they hear anything new. We'll see. 🙄

The Specialized app for both of our 2020 Vado 5s is reporting that firmware updates are avialable; "see your dealer" being the solution. I stopped by during a ride through town. The shop did an update and told me I was good to go. I checked when I got home, the app is still reporting that updates were available.

My wife and I both stopped by a few days later. A more senior mechanic got involved. After a lengthy call to Specialized he explained that their software shows everything is up to date, but our apps and Specialized support show updates as being available. Specialized acknowledged that the issue is their problem. The dealer committed to get back to me when they hear anything new. We'll see. 🙄
Exactly what my LBS told me. 👍🤚🙏

Back