Vado firmware update

My LBS updated the firmware last Saturday and suddenly now at Class 3
I'm very glad to hear it! It is also very true high speed means fast battery drain: It is why I take a spare 600 Wh battery with me for my longer Vado trips.
Regarding the Turbo, I keep it at 100/100 because it is the emergency setting for me. Sometimes you just need to escape in a dangerous situation. Also, whenever I meet an overpass/flyover, it is easy to get into the full Turbo just for several seconds to make the uphill ride easy without losing the speed and momentum.

Same as yours (USA), different country. 2019 Turbo Vado 5.0.
Thought I should report mine, FWIW
Como 3 2019
Battery 3.3.4
Motor 7.1.1
Display 12.4.0 MC screen says current should be 13.4.0 and is
a lbs only update. Maybe next time I'm in to the shop I'll do it.

Just checked my V5,0 says it is ip to date. Must have done it over The app. Pretty nice.

Battery. 7.3.4
Motor. 7.1.1
Display. 13.4.0

I could not figure out why MC was not showing me what the up to date version of the display should be, until I realised that I needed to update the App first :cool:.

A good thing that I am plugged into this forum :).

LBS thought i was nuts... took bike in shortly after purchase. had software updated. a week later went back to LBS next day after riding told them that something is dragging it down when pedaling without motor asst. told them it was much easier when 1st purchased. they rode it said it was normal. blamed it high winds that day and low tire inflation. (yeah stop pedaling and it comes to a stop shortly after) i left wasn't going to argue. 2 months later took it in for their recommended 60 days free tune up. they tweaked it and said a new update was available for motor and display so they did that. went riding and sUrPriSe!! it pedaled without motor assist like a normal bike. very easy once again and maintaining speed without power like riding my 20 pound Sirrus 5.0.

i also told the bike shop i didn't totally blame them. i blame specialized for not telling the shops what the updates are for or do. same as specialized not letting user do their own updates. watching specialized web site (and others for that matter) over the past couple years can tell a lot about a company. good or bad....

Last edited:
LBS thought i was nuts... took bike in shortly after purchase. had software updated. a week later went back to LBS next day after riding told them that something is dragging it down when pedaling without motor asst. told them it was much easier when 1st purchased. they rode it said it was normal. blamed it high winds that day and low tire inflation. (yeah stop pedaling and it comes to a stop shortly after) i left wasn't going to argue. 2 months later took it in for their recommended 60 days free tune up. they tweaked it and said a new update was available for motor and display so they did that. went riding and sUrPriSe!! it pedaled without motor assist like a normal bike. very easy once again and maintaining speed without power like riding my 20 pound Sirrus 5.0.
@4500sl what rev are you now with the motor and the display?

Had similar experience with my 2020 Vado 5 when purchased in 2019.

@4500sl what rev are you now with the motor and the display?
battery 7.20.0
motor 7.1.1
display 13.4.0
previous update was 2 months ago so who really knows whats going on with the updates. i don't keep track of them although once the app said an update was available. this time i didn't see anything but it was a week since last i checked. LBS said their computer showed 2 updates avail. maybe their computer has different access for bike updates.

Last edited:
battery 7.20.0
motor 7.1.1
display 13.4.0
previous update was 2 months ago so who really knows whats going on with the updates. i don't keep track of them although once the app said an update was available. this time i didn't see anything but it was a week since last i checked. LBS said their computer showed 2 updates avail. maybe their computer has different access for bike updates.
@como813 Thanks for that. I am at:

Battery 9.3.4 (I think this is a UK setting)
Motor 7.1.1
Display 12.4.0

So I have a display update to do - I will wait for the annual checkup and have it done then (Feb)

I'm so lucky to have the 2017 motor in my Vado. Not qualifying for software updates for that motor. Makes me happy :)

Guess why Specialized LBS installed the display and battery updates in May 2020 but kept the motor firmware intact. I'm happy. My Vado rides exactly as I expect from her!

I have a 2020 Como 5.0. bought the bike in Nov 19 with the below firmware version
Motor 7.1.1
Battery 7.20.0
Display 12.40.0

Went to LBS for update today. Only Display FW was available for my bike.
Motor 7.1.1
Battery 7.20.0
Display 13.40.0

There seems to be a small glitch for the new Display FW on my bike. The Odometer and the actual numeric data are switched up on the display. Please check yours if you just had 13.40.0 update to your bike. See picture. Now the ODO font is large and the numbers are small.
I noticed this issue is corrected with latest update. Yours?

Back