Mission Control no longer shows firmware versions and update version numbers...

GrayFox

Several months ago my Vado SL 5.0 showed that firmware updates were available.... I ignored the problem and recently I noticed that Mission Control was no longer showing ANY data on the firmware version screen.I took the bike in for a checkup and firmware update. The shop said they could see version numbers with their maintenance software. I tried checking the firmware version numbers again and Mission Control could still not display firmware version info They suggested that I delete and reinstall Mission Control but that dis not solve the problem. I am running the latest iPhone and Mission Control software.

Is this a known problem? Is there a fix?

It's kida weird that they keep screwing with the firmware and software.
I still want the functionality of "Smart Control" back.
Additionally, has ANYONE ever seen or have the Mission Control app display ANY reference(s) to ANY service EVER?
I have seen this on multiple past and present bike, no records. Vary odd.

Several months ago my Vado SL 5.0 showed that firmware updates were available.... I ignored the problem and recently I noticed that Mission Control was no longer showing ANY data on the firmware version screen.I took the bike in for a checkup and firmware update. The shop said they could see version numbers with their maintenance software. I tried checking the firmware version numbers again and Mission Control could still not display firmware version info They suggested that I delete and reinstall Mission Control but that dis not solve the problem. I am running the latest iPhone and Mission Control software.

Is this a known problem? Is there a fix?
Is this what you are talking about? I can still access this information under "Diagnose"
Como Firmware Details 2023.jpg

Screenshot_20230706_054840.jpg

@GrayFox: Wait patiently until the 14/02/2023 - SL text appears. (I think that reading the version numbers from an SL e-bike takes a long time).

Note: I could not get the version numbers with a Range Extender connected!

Last edited:
View attachment 157524
@GrayFox: Wait patiently until the 14/02/2023 - SL text appears. (I think that reading the version numbers from an SL e-bike takes a long time).

Note: I could not get the version numbers with a Range Extender connected!
Indeed, when I disconnected the range extender the device updates page was populated. Of course there was no info displayed for the range extender. ( Not even the name).

Thanks for the fix...

IMG_0796.png

Evidently a newer version of Mission Control was released a few days ago. It seems to have fixed the problem of not showing the device firmware versions...It looks the shop did not install the latest Range Extender firmware...

I don't see a way to see the version number of Mission Control in the iPhone version other that seeing if the version offered in the App store is marked with an open button.

Thank you @GrayFox! It has started working for me, too.
II have different (older) firmware for the extender battery and the motor but I think I do not care anymore!

App confusion:
So I finally ditched "Mission Control" for the newer "Specialized" app (black background with spesh logo in white at center).
The newer Specialized app does not display firmware, software, and does not give an option to check for updates?
I see that in the old(er) Mission Control app there was a "diagnose" option that provided the ability to check firmware/software and updates.
This Specialized app does not have this 'diagnose' option at all. It gives you a an "advance diagnostics" option which only uploads fault logs to the dealer network for remote diagnostics.

Can I check for updates anymore?

Back