Ultimate DIY guide book

Rob.BB

Doing my research i found this guy claiming he has the ultimate DIY E-bike book.

Anyone ever read this by chance and is able to tell if this is as much scam as the website looks like,
Or is it maybe any good for a beginner like me?

He also offers video tutorials for double the price.

Guys called micah toll

http://www.ultimateebikeebook.com/

Doing my research i found this guy claiming he has the ultimate DIY E-bike book.

Anyone ever read this by chance and is able to tell if this is as much scam as the website looks like,
Or is it maybe any good for a beginner like me?

He also offers video tutorials for double the price.

Guys called micah toll

http://www.ultimateebikeebook.com/

That website is owned by Micah Toll, one of the few low-key yet well respected name in the DIY community.
I supported his kickstarter and bought that book-video bundle back in 2015.

His another creation is called E-bike school , just a wealth of good information.

http://www.ebikeschool.com/

I have learned more about E-bike batteries from him than any other resource out there. His video series " how to make E-bike battery" was very well received. Check it out..

Maybe if I tag @micaht, he will get an alert via email and chime in. I've never had any dealings with Micah, but I don't think he's a scam artist, from what I've only read.

@Thomas Jaszewski might be able to comment on this topic.

Good luck, @Rob.BB

Micah is a friend, I've done business with him and known him for 4 years. Completely trust worthy in addition to being a kind and helpful person.
You can relax with him. He's done more than many to help the eBike world than a majority of the self claimed experts. His videos on battery building are incredible. Even if someone isn't building a pack they should be seen. They will give tremendous insight into how your battery was made. Or could have been made. I've used his help to repair a couple and build a few.

When I did CS I referred EVERY new buyer/rider to use his site for the clearest explanations of the issues in eBike building, and some really good reviews of products on the cheap. Great stuff. I still poke in and check out anything new.

I remembered your posts discussing Micah's prefab packs, that's why I tagged you in this thread. Everything I've read about Micah left me with the impression he's one of the bright young stars in his field. eBike School and Battery University are both invaluable resources when ebiking becomes one's pastime.

I remembered your posts discussing Micah's prefab packs, that's why I tagged you in this thread. Everything I've read about Micah left me with the impression he's one of the bright young stars in his field. eBike School and Battery University are both invaluable resources when ebiking becomes one's pastime.
STAR is the right word. He's a young highly energetic engineer and engineering student. Kind and brilliant one hell of a great combination. When I first started building eBikes I had suffered a stroke. I really struggled. He was one of the fella's that showed incredible prince and was always willing to help. I don't think is was common knowledge at the time, that I was suffering from dementia. Regardless he was there for the new guy. Believe me it was an exercise in patience for anyone helping. Kepler, on ES was the other fellow that helped immeasurably.
Side note,
I will soon be posting Kepler's friction drive design. Really and amazingly simple assistance device. That could be built for under $250 and with a fairly low cost battery!

Hey, that's me! :)

Sorry for the delay, with all the forums I'm on, its hard to keep track. And as you can see, I don't come to this one very often, and only found this post now :-/

Thanks for the nice things you all had to say! I'm just a guy that likes building ebike projects and helping people do their own. I guess with my few sites and my youtube channel, I've actually grown a little bit of an audience, which is fun! I'm still just an enthusiast like all the rest of us. But I guess I'm just bored or crazy enough to put my enthusiasm in to books and videos and websites.

Hi to you all, call me crazy but since I am very new to this ebike stuff and fairly uninformed in this field, would be a good idea to get some links posted on here to some of the places/info that @micaht @Thomas Jaszewski is willing to share with us. Quite few people will benefit from this and I for one will appreciate that very much, always eager to learn and help out when I am able to so. Just my 2 cents idea.

Hey, that's me! :)

Sorry for the delay, with all the forums I'm on, its hard to keep track. And as you can see, I don't come to this one very often, and only found this post now :-/

Thanks for the nice things you all had to say! I'm just a guy that likes building ebike projects and helping people do their own. I guess with my few sites and my youtube channel, I've actually grown a little bit of an audience, which is fun! I'm still just an enthusiast like all the rest of us. But I guess I'm just bored or crazy enough to put my enthusiasm in to books and videos and websites.
You are far to dismissive of all you've done. In my earliest days I was recovering from a severe stroke. I still suffer some losses. But you were always kind direct and showed me respect and took the extra time to help guide me. Even when I repeated questions multiple times. I wish there was a way to show the eBike world what a truly kind, brilliant and helpful fellow you are. Anyone who has used your resources has benefited. Beneited from your approach and perhaps even learned a bit about patience and generosity. If there was an award for the top ten seriously giving members of the eBike community you sir would be number one. Ebike school is the most under used and under rated site in the eBike community!

ALL YOU READERS! JOIN, SHARE, AND SHOW YOUR BIKES! Even the most learned rider can find something new to learn there!

http://www.ebikeschool.com

Back