Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefan Mikes

Region
Europe
City
Mazovia, Poland
I hope that this link opens for you
Rad Power Mini Ad at Facebook <-- Ad removed by Rad Power Bikes due to negative comments of European users of Facebook
The ad has been addressed to the European market. Judging by the tone of comments, Rad Power Bikes chose the wrong area to sell.

If the ad doesn't open but you are interested, I can post the screenshots.

Last edited:
i believe you will be surprised at their success, just my opinion.. They are what they are , “junk“ does as advertised at a low price point. It may not be refined but if this is what you are looking to ride it will do what you want And they have been upping their service here too

i believe you will be surprised at their success, just my opinion.. They are what they are , “junk“ does as advertised at a low price point. It may not be refined but if this is what you are looking to ride it will do what you want And they have been upping their service here too
If that's true Rad are downgrading the motor to meet the EU and UK law requirements, I think riding a heavy fat-tire folder with 250 W makes little sense. Bear in mind Opimax Europeans live in a continent full of quality e-bikes. Have you read the comments of FB users?

1626104309962.png

I suppose one could do a head to head comparison with a Rad Mini and any $1500 European Ebike and see which one is better.

any $1500 European Ebike
You perhaps mean my Czech Lovelec Diadem on which I have travelled for 3870 (Strava registered) kilometres and which hardly requires any repair? No, it is not any Chinese cr@p.
Pray you, what terrain do you think is appropriate for a fat-bike? And why a folder?
1626106403883.png

P.S. My single Vado battery costs 2/3 of a Rad e-bike :)

You perhaps mean my Czech Lovelec Diadem on which I have travelled for 3870 (Strava registered) kilometres and which hardly requires any repair? No, it is not any Chinese cr@p.
Pray you, what terrain do you think is appropriate for a fat-bike? And why a folder?
View attachment 93060

P.S. My single Vado battery costs 2/3 of a Rad e-bike :)
As of today my Rad Rover has traveled 3904 kilometers without any repairs. Any terrain where you want a nice comfortable ride with 20PSI in the tires or snow and sand with as little as 5PSI in the tires. A folder takes up less space for storage and can be easily transported in the back of a small car.

Any terrain where you want a nice comfortable ride with 20PSI in the tires or snow and sand with as little as 5PSI in the tires

We use e-MTB or XC e-bikes for riding off-road. Snow riding? Have you ever tried riding ice on a fat-tire folder? Where do you find sand dunes in Europe (outside Baltic Sea Coast and some minor locations)? Yes, we can find morasses here. True fact is nobody serious rides fat bikes in Europe except advanced explorers. They would not but a $1500 e-bike.

Let's face the facts: A cheapo Chinese fat-tire folder in the American thing. Not European. And it is ridden in America in the cities, for show.

One growing ebike demographic in the USA is the 60+ year old, many who have not ridden bikes for years. So they gravitate to the Rad 20 inchers, thinking they're more stable and less likely to tip over. I'm giving mine to my son, after I rig up running lights front/rear. I never ride it.

We use e-MTB or XC e-bikes for riding off-road. Snow riding? Have you ever tried riding ice on a fat-tire folder? Where do you find sand dunes in Europe (outside Baltic Sea Coast and some minor locations)? Yes, we can find morasses here. True fact is nobody serious rides fat bikes in Europe except advanced explorers. They would not but a $1500 e-bike.

Let's face the facts: A cheapo Chinese fat-tire folder in the American thing. Not European. And it is ridden in America in the cities, for show.
I guess we'll see what happens when they become available in Europe. I'm guessing they won't be offered if they didn't think they would sell despite a handful of facebook posts. I doubt people in Europe are all that much different than people in America and some will like them and others won't. People will buy what they can afford and not everyone can afford a high end Ebike. Curious about the ice thing though. Is it easier on a high pressure skinny tire?

My $0.02 about pretty much all Rad bikes: they provide good value for money and you will have to look very hard to get a better bike at that price. On the other hand their design is limited in utility and range and they haven't really kept them up to date (while they have made some welcome improvements). If you are only riding short distances in fairly easy terrain they are adequate.

Curious about the ice thing though. Is it easier on a high pressure skinny tire?
Look up Schwalbe Ice Spiker Pro please. There are other spiked winter tyres, too.

Regarding the regional mentality differences (cultural differences), these exist. For instance, I participated in BassTalk Forums years ago. There was a huge group of American bassists who proudly presented as many as 10 Chinese SX basses (each worth US$300) on their sofa. Those people were very loud about a three hundred bucks Chinese bass being (in their opinion) superior to (Made in America) Fender Precision Bass. I can see a similar group of people here, too. On the other end of the spectrum, there were stuffed bassists playing their Alembic Basses in churches. I can draw an analogy with e-bikes.

Back to e-bikes. We don't need Rad Power to buy a folder fat-bike in Europe. I could -- so far -- spot a single e-bike of that type on my travels. It was ridden by a 10-yo kid. "Grandpa, grandpa, what to do? I have only 1% of the battery left!" :D

I ride a European spec ebike to work every day and love it. But, I also see lots if Rads and as far as I can tell those folks are also getting from point A to point B and having a good time while doing it.

Fit and finish is definitely nicer on the Euro brands, but I dont know that utility and reliability are that much better -certainly not for the price premium.

PS: is it the Czech made frame that keeps the Lovelec from being branded chinese cr##p? Cause I know its not the Chinese hub drive it uses ;)

PS: is it the Czech made frame that keeps the Lovelec from being branded chinese cr##p? Cause I know its not the Chinese hub drive it uses ;)
Yes, and the fact the e-bike was designed and built in the Czech Republic. (It is an inexpensive e-bike anyway). Are you telling me Rad is an American product?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back