The 4 greatest rock bands ever

There's no debating The Most Influential Band Period of the last 50 years is the Beatles. But it's not the Band it's as Stephan said the Music. When you listen to other Artists. Especially Kids from the Latest Generation Singing and playing Cover Songs of the Beatles, Stones, even The Monkies and Lovin Spoonful ( Two Groups I never cared for . ) You realize how good some of those older songs were and still are. I ran into these Girls while Playing along with Hard days Night on Youtube.

#1 ACDC
#2 Black Sabbath
#3 Iron Maiden
#4 Scorpions
Didn't these groups get accused of demonic intentions . Like Highway to Hell ? lol Actually every highway leads there but one : The Song should have been Highways to Hell LOL

Led Zeppelin
The Who
Beatles
The Eagles

Side note, and this is a recent thing, but the recent cover of S&G's "Sounds of Silence" by the metal band Disturbed, was SO good it made me think about them. Just kidding of course but if you've not seen the video yet, do yourself a favour and look it up on YouTube.

It's kind of like the Eagles live acoustic version of Hotel California, which I think transcends the original studio version. Disturbed's version is a different sonic experience and is SO good!

How about the 4 greatest rock bands that you remember seeing?! ;)
  • The Grateful Dead
  • Bob Marley and the Wailers
  • Pink Floyd
  • The Rolling Stones

Best bands seen, that's a good angle

Jimi Hendrix, Hartford, CT 1969
Moby Grape, Fillmore East way back when
The Who (Tommy, seen live three times way back in the day)
Any Jimmy Buffett concert

How about the 4 greatest rock bands that you remember seeing?! ;)
  • The Grateful Dead
  • Bob Marley and the Wailers
  • Pink Floyd
  • The Rolling Stones
Sadly, I don’t remember much of the GD. Stones were great but too far away to see well. Jethro Tull was awesome both times. Don’t remember much of Johnny Winter but what I do remember was fantastic. Blue Oyster Cult was awesome in their day. Especially the 15 minute, crossed guitar version of Seven Screaming Dizbusters!

I think to this day, my greatest concert ever was my first. 1973 San Diego Sports Arena Deep Purple. The Burn album was released a little earlier and they played almost the entire album including my all time favorite DP tune

Back