Suspensions seat post/maximum seat comfort for Rad Wagon 4

sarahlaughed

Region
USA
I adore my Rad Wagon 4, and the Enhanced Comfort Seat was an excellent purchase for me, when I bought the bike. I had a minor accident on the bike, though, and now the spring on one side of the seat are slightly bent. I’m trying to find out whether it’s an easy fix, but thought I’d investigate also whether there’s an even better setup for comfort cruising on very bumpy city streets and trails that’s easy to install on the RW4. Bonus points if it’s easy on the wallet!

Many thanks — these forums are the best!

For fun, I’m posting a photo of my bike, with its custom-designed (by a neighbor) and decorated (by me) crutch couriers on the back! I’m disabled, and love to turn my mobility gear into fun and whimsical accessories.
8F6F5EA7-5E06-41F9-A195-0FEB437BDCE7.jpeg

Attachments

• C6D97D4E-0734-4933-A229-A06FD920D587.jpeg
    C6D97D4E-0734-4933-A229-A06FD920D587.jpeg
    493.4 KB · Views: 232
I've used the Suntour NCX seatpost on 2 bikes now and am quite happy with it. Shopping around, you can find them for less than $100. Depending on your weight, they also offer different springs which cost ~$15. I feel relatively certain they're not as "nice" as the high-end models, but they work to mostly smooth out the ride.

I got the Suntour NCX seatpost, and a couple of Cloud 9 seats to try (I’ll return the ones I don’t decide to go with). Currently, I’m trying the Comfort Select women’s seat. Very cushy, with the suspension seatpost!

I do need to pay my local REI a visit, so I’ll consult them about other seat options.

Thanks for the advice, all!

Back