Stronger headlight ?

I too am looking to increase my headlight output. My Gazelle headlight has a rated output of 50 lumens. I already have a Cygolite Expilion 680 with self contained battery. This light has been flawless for several years but unfortunately, the mount will not work on my handlebar. I solved a similar problem in the past using a Minoura Space Grip but my old version also does not fit the new bars. I found a newer version of the Space Grip but the reviews on this new design are not that inspiring. I really like the smaller size of the Minoura as opposed to the Handlebar extender that MrGold35 linked above and repeated here.

https://www.amazon.com/Minoura-Accessory-Handlebar

Curious if anyone has found a product similar to the Minoura unit linked above or could speak to the quality of this product.
Minoura also makes this, available on Amazon for $20.
IMG_0476.jpeg

I use the same Outbound Evo light as @6zfshdb. When teamed up with the low-profile helmet mounted Hangover they form an incredible duo. I ride exclusively on the trails with these lights and when heading home from a night of riding, I’ll switch the Hangover off and dial down the Evo.

The mount stays permanently attached on either my emtb/fatbike bars and is barely noticeable. Its quick release mechanism is ultra convenient and removing/attaching the Evo only takes a few seconds. A knob on the other side allows me to adjust the beam angle of the light and a handy cable hanger keeps things neat and tidy. I came from a Niterider but its bulky external battery attached to my top tube wasn’t the best setup for me personally.

IMG_20221204_1553416 - Copy.jpgIMG_20221129_1947294.jpgIMG_20221214_1626091.jpgPXL_20230831_034036618.jpg

I use the same Outbound Evo light as @6zfshdb. When teamed up with the low-profile helmet mounted Hangover they form an incredible duo. I ride exclusively on the trails with these lights and when heading home from a night of riding, I’ll switch the Hangover off and dial down the Evo.

The mount stays permanently attached on either my emtb/fatbike bars and is barely noticeable. Its quick release mechanism is ultra convenient and removing/attaching the Evo only takes a few seconds. A knob on the other side allows me to adjust the beam angle of the light and a handy cable hanger keeps things neat and tidy. I came from a Niterider but its bulky external battery attached to my top tube wasn’t the best setup for me personally.

View attachment 173073View attachment 173072View attachment 173074View attachment 173075
I’m waiting for their newest version of their helmet/trail light to come out. Runs on a 21700 battery. Been on their mailing/alert list for its Spring release.

I’m waiting for their newest version of their helmet/trail light to come out. Runs on a 21700 battery. Been on their mailing/alert list for its Spring release.
Sweet, always nice to have more capacity and the Portal seems to have hit the mark. Its interchangeable mount should prove to be quite versatile. I snagged my combo on a one-time group buy and received discount through a LBS. Takes a bit of sting out of the exchange on the US$.

Sweet, always nice to have more capacity and the Portal seems to have hit the mark. Its interchangeable mount should prove to be quite versatile. I snagged my combo on a one-time group buy and received discount through a LBS. Takes a bit of sting out of the exchange on the US$.
I like their GoPro mount system where I can go helmet or bar mounted. And I don’t mind paying the premium price for this USA made item. But, although I do have a collection of premium, Chinese made flashlights and headlamps, of which some work great on the bike or helmet as well.

I also use the GoPro mount for the Trail Evo. When used with a GoPro handlebar clamp, the weight is centered, and far more stable. The standard Evo mount has too much flex, and the movement can be seen in the light pattern when riding rough trails. It also flexes when using the push button switch, which can make it difficult to operate under certain conditions.

Screenshot (82).png
Screenshot (83).png

**********************Standard Mount***********************************************GoPro Adapter***************************

The GoPro adapter requires a GoPro handlebar mount, such as this one:
61ypqq5cZ9L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Yeah, it adds a few bucks, but the solid "feel" of the mounting system is worth it IMO. It provides a 360 degree swivel, which the standard mount lacks. I also use it for a GoPro camera, so it does double duty.

I also use the GoPro mount for the Trail Evo. When used with a GoPro handlebar clamp, the weight is centered, and far more stable. The standard Evo mount has too much flex, and the movement can be seen in the light pattern when riding rough trails. It also flexes when using the push button switch, which can make it difficult to operate under certain conditions.

View attachment 173114 View attachment 173115
**********************Standard Mount***********************************************GoPro Adapter***************************

The GoPro adapter requires a GoPro handlebar mount, such as this one:
View attachment 173116

Yeah, it adds a few bucks, but the solid "feel" of the mounting system is worth it IMO. It provides a 360 degree swivel, which the standard mount lacks. I also use it for a GoPro camera, so it does double duty.
That’s pretty slick. I’ve been using a similar setup mainly as a camera/drone control mount but with a RAM toughclaw clamp in conjunction with a short articulating socket arm. It only takes a second or two to remove it and position it almost anywhere else on the bike.

PXL_20240326_175239282.jpgPXL_20240215_032600092.jpgPXL_20240215_032411802.jpgPXL_20240327_012100991.jpg

I’ve found light setup to be slightly different for road bikes. I don’t often find myself on a night ride but on the rare occasion a Cygolite Metro has performed in an excellent manner in dusk conditions or when entering tunnels. A handlebar bag with a hard polymer lid and side mounted stubs are able to accommodate my light, bell, GoPro, or if I choose a Garmin HU instead.

GH012835 - frame at 1m3s.jpgPXL_20240326_172228950.MP.jpg

On my carbon road bike, it’s more of challenge due to the aero shaped bar but I also prefer to keep clutter to a minimum. The bike’s integrated mount works well with my Garmin HU/phone and the addition of a Garmin ¼ turn flange adapter is also great for attaching a GoPro or light.

PXL_20240326_173840090.jpgPXL_20240326_172714495.jpg

Back