"Sons of Angioplasty" or "Seniors on Bikes" - which one is for you?

Pick your e-bike gang.

• Sons of Angioplasty

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Seniors on Bikes

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • neither - gangs are bad news

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • other (post name ideas in thread).

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
I still like Boomers On Bikes. It allows boomers that aren't officially Seniors yet (me), and when you see another gray hair riding an ebike you just say 'hey BOB'. One could get in a little trouble saying 'hey SOB' to the wrong guy:p
Especially if the wrong guy is wearing a different kind of 1% patch.;) Maybe Grey Riders, like the Silver Sneakers?

I have been aged out if this discussion based on the club names in question which brings up a slightly off topic question. How old is everyone on here? I'll go first. 34

I’ve had a rough fall. In September I had an acute gangrenous gall bladder removed by emergency surgery, but had to be readmitted when the site started leaking bile juice into my abdominal cavity. Worst pain in my life.

Then my cardiac output started going way bad; my left ventricular ejection fraction collapsed to 18%. Less than 40% is congestive heart failure range. Less than 20% is barely alive. Normal is 50-60%.

So Friday I had a bi ventricular pacemaker with defibrillator put in my left upper chest. My cardiac output was so bad and sudden heart failure symptoms so serious and acute I thought the pacer/defibrillator was just a way to slow the inevitable. I really literally thought I was dying.

However, it turns out that with advanced left sided cardiomyopathy due to advanced left bundle branch block (which was causing my trouble), these special pacemakers can actually cause the left side of the heart to physically and physiologically remodel, shrink and return to normal size and shape, restoring cardiac output; my left ejection fraction could return to its former output of 40% (which it’s been for 12 years following a heart attack and triple bypass) in two to three months.

I had the pacemaker surgically implanted on Friday at noon. Already Monday, 72 hours later, I no longer had shortness of breath or wheezing with minimal exertion, I can lay flat on my back with no shortness of breath, my ankle edema is mostly resolved, and I did errands all afternoon without fatigue.

I feel better today than I have since August. The cardiologist encouraged me to get back on the e bike as soon as I’m able.

A good friend said now we need to go for another bike ride this spring, and if the battery on my e bike runs out, we can just hook it up to my pacemaker.

I think he’s been watching too many Iron Man movies.

Regardless, Sons of Angioplasty might need to be replaced with a play on “pacemaker “ now!

I’ve had a rough fall. In September I had an acute gangrenous gall bladder removed by emergency surgery, but had to be readmitted when the site started leaking bile juice into my abdominal cavity. Worst pain in my life.

Then my cardiac output started going way bad; my left ventricular ejection fraction collapsed to 18%. Less than 40% is congestive heart failure range. Less than 20% is barely alive. Normal is 50-60%.

So Friday I had a bi ventricular pacemaker with defibrillator put in my left upper chest. My cardiac output was so bad and sudden heart failure symptoms so serious and acute I thought the pacer/defibrillator was just a way to slow the inevitable. I really literally thought I was dying.

However, it turns out that with advanced left sided cardiomyopathy due to advanced left bundle branch block (which was causing my trouble), these special pacemakers can actually cause the left side of the heart to physically and physiologically remodel, shrink and return to normal size and shape, restoring cardiac output; my left ejection fraction could return to its former output of 40% (which it’s been for 12 years following a heart attack and triple bypass) in two to three months.

I had the pacemaker surgically implanted on Friday at noon. Already Monday, 72 hours later, I no longer had shortness of breath or wheezing with minimal exertion, I can lay flat on my back with no shortness of breath, my ankle edema is mostly resolved, and I did errands all afternoon without fatigue.

I feel better today than I have since August. The cardiologist encouraged me to get back on the e bike as soon as I’m able.

A good friend said now we need to go for another bike ride this spring, and if the battery on my e bike runs out, we can just hook it up to my pacemaker.

Regardless, Sons of Angioplasty might need to be replaced with a play on “pacemaker “ now!
You have really had it rough Brian, but it's good to hear you are improving. Perhaps a play off the "6 Million Dollar Man" instead of "pacemaker". Bionic Bikers or the Biker Borg?, maybe?

A mind-blowing improvement after mine was implanted. This aging stuff can be a PIA! Today it's stomach and piping biopsy under general. ARGH! After YEARS of no flats, I have two bikes down and don't feel well enough to change out tubes and tires.

Be well friends! I'd rather we talked to each other rather than ABOUT each other!

A mind-blowing improvement after mine was implanted. This aging stuff can be a PIA! Today it's stomach and piping biopsy under general. ARGH! After YEARS of no flats, I have two bikes down and don't feel well enough to change out tubes and tires.

Be well friends! I'd rather we talked to each other rather than ABOUT each other!
I hope you have a buddy that can offer some assist. I've seen you go out of your way to help some here, it's time you get some help. Best of luck!

Last edited:

So sorry to hear, but I'm glad to see you posting. Looking forward to some PA meetups as weather permits.

I've just ordered this mug:

1608201500444.png

:D

Great gift idea Stefan! Where did you get it?
Very simple. I spotted a similar mug on Amazon. The only wrong thing was it read "bike" instead of "e-bike" (and the wording was slightly different, too). So I went in a website of one of many services offering gifts, made my own design (see post #94) and they produced the mug for me :)

Original mug

Very simple. I spotted a similar mug on Amazon. The only wrong thing was it read "bike" instead of "e-bike" (and the wording was slightly different, too).
So I went in a website of one of many services offering gifts, made my own design (see post #94) and they produced the mug for me :)

Original mug
I am going to buy the original mug and modify it with a Black Sharpie! ;)

Back