Simon Cowell breaks back falling from ebike

Hate this all around. It should never be called an ebike by the manufacturer/seller, the press or Cowell. It's the buyers responsibility to get training. Ford doesn't offer driver's education either. And Cowell shouldn't be allowed to get richer from his stupidity.

More regulation is coming due to this stuff. Hate that. Maybe they should just outlaw pedals/cranks to be added to anything outside the 3 classes of ebikes. End it there.

Rant over...😖
If it can go 60 mph that is no longer an Ebike but a E-Motorcycle, doesn't matter if it has pedals those are just for show.

If it can go 60 mph that is no longer an Ebike but a E-Motorcycle, doesn't matter if it has pedals those are just for show.
It does matter. To many it gives cover: "it's an ebike, its pedal assist". And you give buyers the idea it's a bike. If it didn't have pedals and was called an electric motocross bike it wouldn't be cast as an ebike. Cowell probably wouldn't have even bought it, as he has and rides ebikes.

I ride MC's and taught riding and safety for a decade. I know the abilities of new riders and their perceptions.

They don't call mopeds motorcycles, they shouldn't call motocross bike ebikes.

Never prevail with a strong presumption of risk defense. Especially here, where Cowell has a dozen bikes with experience. And I really can’t see a lawyer taking this case on a contingency.

These idiots calling this an ebike are hurting the cause.

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 11.08.07 AM.png

Never prevail with a strong presumption of risk defense. Especially here, where Cowell has a dozen bikes with experience. And I really can’t see a lawyer taking this case on a contingency.
Have you seen some of the cases lawyers are taking to court lately?!

I remember the old days when lawyers didn't advertise and there were some with actual integrity. But, yeah, you're probably right about not taking this on contingency. But I wouldn't be surprised if the company settles out of court for an undisclosed amount.

TT

Have you seen some of the cases lawyers are taking to court lately?!

I remember the old days when lawyers didn't advertise and there were some with actual integrity. But, yeah, you're probably right about not taking this on contingency. But I wouldn't be surprised if the company settles out of court for an undisclosed amount.

TT
In the old days of 19th century ?? LOL

You would have to take it on contingency to settle AND deal with Cowell which would be a nightmare, as he’s not taking a small % of ask.

Until you need one......
Yup.
I "needed" one when I divorced. The lawyer I chose (after vetting 4) was the right kind of person, but wanted to go too far.
All I wanted was to be fair. So, she did exactly as I told her, no more and no less.
I ended up getting a precedent ruling of 50/50 child custody.
In the end I spent 10K to have a lawyer say exactly what I would have said myself.
The paperwork was worth every nickel though.
It helped that my ex was a legal assistant for a family lawyer and made the mistake of using her boss to represent her.
The judge really hated that.🤣

Yup.
I "needed" one when I divorced. The lawyer I chose (after vetting 4) was the right kind of person, but wanted to go too far.
All I wanted was to be fair. So, she did exactly as I told her, no more and no less.
I ended up getting a precedent ruling of 50/50 child custody.
In the end I spent 10K to have a lawyer say exactly what I would have said myself.
The paperwork was worth every nickel though.
It helped that my ex was a legal assistant for a family lawyer and made the mistake of using her boss to represent her.
The judge really hated that.🤣
To me your most important sentence was: "In the end I spent 10K to have a lawyer say exactly what I would have said myself." The legal system is a corrupt cabal. They all work together to squeeze the last dollar from people who have little money to begin with. They know once they have you in a bind that you will beg borrow or steal to get their money for them. G_d d_mn them all!

Simple Simon has had many pictures taken of him riding his ebikes in traffic without any protection whatsoever. I’m quite sure he bought that specific bike specifically because it is a very high performance bike. Why suddenly wear a helmet at your home otherwise?🤦🏻‍♂️

Simple Simon has had many pictures taken of him riding his ebikes in traffic without any protection whatsoever. I’m quite sure he bought that specific bike specifically because it is a very high performance bike. Why suddenly wear a helmet at your home otherwise?🤦🏻‍♂️
not to mention flip flops

It's disgusting that Simon Cowell is considering legal action... The ultimate responsibility for use of the bike belongs to the rider.
He has shown no regard for safety and continues to ride without any protective gear... no helmet, gloves, pads, jacket, or any PPE. :rolleyes:

On the website of Swind — the commercial arm of Swindon Powertrain — a disclaimer warns buyers about the vehicle’s UK ban.
Swindon Powertrain’s MD Raphael Caille said:

“With any device, it is important to read the user manual before attempting to operate.
“The EB-01 user manual includes a detailed process of how to familiarise oneself with the performance features and procedures to follow.
“The company has acted in good faith at all times.”

1607891457512.png

Last edited:
It's disgusting that Simon Cowell is considering legal action... The ultimate responsibility for use of the bike belongs to the rider.
He has shown no regard for safety and continues to ride without any protective gear... no helmet, gloves, pads, jacket, or any PPE. :rolleyes:

On the website of Swind — the commercial arm of Swindon Powertrain — a disclaimer warns buyers about the vehicle’s UK ban.
Swindon Powertrain’s MD Raphael Caille said:
“With any device, it is important to read the user manual before attempting to operate.
“The EB-01 user manual includes a detailed process of how to familiarise oneself with the performance features and procedures to follow.
“The company has acted in good faith at all times.”

View attachment 74114
I hope they counter sue the SOB.

Back