Simon Cowell breaks back falling from ebike

So now whenever someone overcooks a wheelie and lands on their butt they can say they "Cowelled it".

While I doubt that even with the press this is getting as an "eBike" accident it will have little effect on the market. However I hope that it does on the blurred line that has formed regarding over watting and fake pedal system type bikes being regarded as eBikes and that the manufacturers of them be made to follow the NHTSA guidelines regarding conforming to DOT standards. I have no problem with eMotorcycles/MoPeds but there are separate laws regarding them so perhaps they should be held accountable to comply.

Hi eFolks!

It appears ALL the news accounts of Simon riding a new electric trail bike (eMTB) may be very inaccurate!

An article from Electrek.com sheds some light on his accident and makes much more sense for us that are experienced e-Bike (eMTB) users! See link:

Electrek that states he was riding a CAB Recon “eBike” which is really a “27 horse-power electric motorcycle with pedals” that can go up to 60mph. “CAB Motorworks claim this is the most powerful production electric bicycle on the planet.” It can apparently go 0-50mph in 5 seconds.

https://electrek.co/2020/08/10/egeb-simon-cowell-e-bike-accident-barbados-electric-buses/

NOT a legal e-Bike, but really an electric motorcycle (hyrid w/ bicycle pedals)!

Be safe out there!

Clint
The eBike Guy⚡

Hi eFolks!
It appears ALL the news accounts of Simon riding a new electric trail bike (eMTB) may be very inaccurate!
An article from Electrek.com sheds some light on his accident and makes much more sense for us that are experienced e-Bike (eMTB) users! See link:

Electrek that states he was riding a CAB Recon “eBike” which is really a “27 horse-power electric motorcycle with pedals” that can go up to 60mph. “CAB Motorworks claim this is the most powerful production electric bicycle on the planet.” It can apparently go 0-50mph in 5 seconds.

https://electrek.co/2020/08/10/egeb-simon-cowell-e-bike-accident-barbados-electric-buses/
NOT a legal e-Bike, but really an electric motorcycle (hyrid w/ bicycle pedals)!
Be safe out there! Clint The eBike Guy⚡

As noted above... see post #62. ;)

So now whenever someone overcooks a wheelie and lands on their butt they can say they "Cowelled it".

While I doubt that even with the press this is getting as an "eBike" accident it will have little effect on the market. However I hope that it does on the blurred line that has formed regarding over watting and fake pedal system type bikes being regarded as eBikes and that the manufacturers of them be made to follow the NHTSA guidelines regarding conforming to DOT standards. I have no problem with eMotorcycles/MoPeds but there are separate laws regarding them so perhaps they should be held accountable to comply.

I can assure you it is having an affect on ebike insurance. My company doubled its quote from last week on comprehensive coverage As ebikes are now mopeds.

You may have nailed it on the head, reference the marketing aspect by blurring the lines between a legal e-Bike and these OCEVs (Out of Class Electric Vehicles)!

The final word on this topic... watch the race video with the Ducati. Mic drop! ;)

Just an ebike. What's your problem🤔

1597455982839.png

He is a big fan of E-bikes. He used to own M1 Sporttechnk Spitzing and later he switched to Haibike Xduro with Yamaha motor.
His wife had owned Townie Bosch and few other models.

1596989428245.png

I know I'm late to this thread, but I've got a pet peeve to unload:

While the kid has a helmet, it's not fitted to him properly. His forehead is very exposed and should he fall forward he might be more injured that if the helmet was properly positioned and attached.

I see a lot of kids with their helmets tilted back like this. It greatly reduces the utility of wearing a helmet.

Cowell should make a statement about the 65 MPH e-motorcycle he was on. But like most billionaire clowns he doesn’t give a rat’s arse!

Hate this all around. It should never be called an ebike by the manufacturer/seller, the press or Cowell. It's the buyers responsibility to get training. Ford doesn't offer driver's education either. And Cowell shouldn't be allowed to get richer from his stupidity.

More regulation is coming due to this stuff. Hate that. Maybe they should just outlaw pedals/cranks to be added to anything outside the 3 classes of ebikes. End it there.

Rant over...😖

Back