Simon Cowell breaks back falling from ebike

What Ebike Brand/Model is this?

53658081-10465861-image-m-3_1643755885199.jpg
I think it's the Super Dumbass V2

What Ebike Brand/Model is this?

53658081-10465861-image-m-3_1643755885199.jpg
Spritzing but may have the spelling wrong. Great ebike actually but probably way over the performance limits of the UK. Why some here in the US want those mamby pamby regulatory limits here just baffles me but it's mostly the recreational / leisure riders that like going slow on trails and rarely venture onto a paved surface to use an ebike for transportation.

My guess is that he hit a wet spot that is frequently wet such than a film of organic / algae formed which can be worse that ice. I hit a film of this once on a sidewalk and my bike and I was lucky to recover and not crash. He learned that some ebikes are so powerful they can flip you off if you are not experience with that instant torque power and not he learned that wet surfaces can be very slick. Lessons learned on two wheels can be rough.

Starting at 11,499 euro btw.

I wonder if his insurer will let him ride eBikes anymore? Or if there will be a fire sale on his M-1?

Why all the hating up on Simon?
He's been seen to have a very big heart for those who were dealt a bad deck.

Everything I hear about him makes him a stellar guy.
Wishing him a fast and full recovery.

I was going to say you can't fix stupid, but you do make a good point....

It’s customary to say to a performer “Break a leg”. In Simon’s example ‘TWICE’ doing dumb #$%^ on an expensive ebike with not so much as a helmet…an obvious nomination for a Darwin Award. And there’s the schadenfreude angle…guilty as charged

I don't hate the guy. I just think he's a dumbass for not treating his rides with the respect they deserve.
It's his life, and he can plough into a brick wall if he wants to, but... geez...

Mr. Cowell has got a lot of exposure because:
  • He is a TV personality
  • Crashed on e-bike(s)
  • Twice.
It is even not worthwhile to talk about his first accident. He bought an e-motorcycle believing it was an e-bike, and got thrown out off the thing as if it were an untamed horse. Now as we can see, Cowell got himself an e-MTB.

e-MTB. For urban rides. e-MTBs come unequipped because these are made for off-road use. But no, Mr. Cowell was riding an urban area on an unequipped e-MTB and helmetless. It only tells us how much he can understand of cycling. The fact he rode e-bikes in both cases is badly reflected on e-bikes in general. And that's why most of the participants of this thread laugh Mr Cowell down.

Did anyone notice he crashed at 20 mph? How comes if the UK e-bikes are restricted to 15.5 mph? (Ah, the illegal Spitzing, I see...) A general remark: Celebs seem to think the laws of physics or traffic regulations do not pertain to them. Let me tell you an anecdote.

Once, I was on a friendly group ride (two e-bikes and two traditional rides). We were riding the most popular Warsaw cycling route (the route is just banal but roadies love it because of long stretches of good asphalt and because of a good distance to be ridden there). On our way, we were overtaken by two gorgeous Turbo Levos (e-MTBs) riding at very high speed. As I rode my street legal 45 km/h Vado, I just yelled "Will be back soon!" to my group and started chasing the "e-MTBers". To find out they were riding at 45 km/h. On e-MTBs. I gave up and waited for my group. Soon, we met the couple at a popular resting place. Beautiful people. Local celebrities. I engaged them in a friendly chat.

Derestricted Turbo Levos, always ridden in Turbo mode at the top speed, and always on the same suburban asphalt route. He wore a helmet. She didn't. Do I need to say more?

Last edited:
Back