Simon Cowell breaks back falling from ebike

I've never sued anyone, I can only go by what I see in the news. Remember the woman that didn't know coffee was hot? McDonald's had to put caution labels on their coffee cups after that.
If you research the facts of the McDonald's lawsuit they're a bit different than public perception.

From the manufacturer’s website:

“We want to point out that the use of EB-01 isn´t allowed on UK public roads, because this electric bicycle exceeds the legal speed limit of 15.5mph and it has more than 250W of power for an electric bicycle allowed on UK public roads.”

while it is not “street legal” in the UK, I am curious what the implication is in CA...Malibu, specifically, where the incident occurred. The bike exceeds 28mhp so it looks like it does not qualify for a class 3.

Pondering a lawsuit?
Hmm... I dunno...
A lawsuit is dangerous because it could spread to other companies engaging in false advertising...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210225-132711_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20210225-132711_Brave.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 224
Thank you! The stories seem to leave out the fact that McCrap was warned repeatedly regarding boiling hot coffee. The winner in the lawsuit had to sign a nondisclosure, effectively keeping the facts under wraps.
We studied McD's hot coffee case in one of my college law classes I took as a case study. McD's tests every possible variant in the delivery of their product and weigh each and every factor. They basically knew it was too hot, but that was the most desirable temperature- if they sold it less hot, they'd lose a lot of money (ie more than the lawsuits would ever cost them). They have a law team that would calculate the averages of being sued and they built the cost of injuries into the price of the cup- I checked- the award was 2 days worth of coffee sales (they sell billions of cups a year). The payout was not because of the harm but the callous disregard for failing to tell people it's too hot. And it is a non-disclosure because an appeal basically reversed 80% of the award for a technicality and so instead of McDs allowing them to get attacked in the press (again), they did a confidential settlement after the fact - so the case is not confidential but the later agreement is.

If I was the manufacturer, I would not deliver the bike without having software that users would have to unlock the liability of different power levels.
One popular bike frequently discussed here requires you to unlock/bypass the regulator each and every time you power it up. You knowingly are making the bike illegal every time you ride it.

Sad... another lawsuit due to a lack of personal responsibility.

Also, he admitted publicly to not being responsible. :)

"If you buy an electric trail bike, read the manual before you ride it for the first time."

"He slipped and went flying over the handlebars into the middle of the road.”
"The source said Cowell’s decision to not wear a helmet was “stupid” and said the choice caused him to bleed all over his face like “something from Phantom of the Opera.”

And no helmet.

"The source said Cowell’s decision to not wear a helmet was “stupid” and said the choice caused him to bleed all over his face like “something from Phantom of the Opera.”

And no helmet.
A helmet might mess up a $100 Hollywood haircut.

And no helmet.
I’m sure it’s nothing that his Beverly Hills cosmetic surgeon couldn’t fix. Cha Ching! 🤑

Do they have free healthcare in the UK? I had a serious bike accident and in less than 1 day my $8000 deductible was reached in the US - I felt like the system was just screwing me while I needed help.

Back