Side-bags for ST-2(s): Any experiences guys ?

elbikefun

Yeah; I know. This theme has been up before.
How ever; I did not find the answers I was seeking for in this matter.

My dealer reccomends the Racktime Mia -model. Told me these fits perfectly.
175833_00_c.jpg
175833_01_c.jpg

How ever; these seems to be unavailable for now. Perhaps available later in August/ September.

These should be very easy to mout/ dismount; and do have some capacity. 17,5 litres to be exact. I want two individual bags/ not the double "sadlebag"-type".

Any advice on alternative bags for the ST-2 -bikes ?

Also; anybody found a trunkbag which fits good and are easy to mount/dismount ?

175833_00_c.jpg
175833_01_c.jpg

How ever; these seems to be unavailable for now. Perhaps available later in August/ September.

These should be very easy to mout/ dismount; and do have some capacity. 17,5 litres to be exact. I want two individual bags/ not the double "sadlebag"-type".

Here is one of the best...note that the pic appears to include the "adjustable" rack adjuster which is needed to fit the "narrow" version of the Stromer racktime rack. I had to go on the German ebay to get this rack adjuster, then replace the rack that was shipped with the bag I purchased from Velofred. It's expensive but worth it...best trunk bag I have ever had...easily clicks on and off the rack (note: I purchased the Plus bag of this model which has more room because the side pockets convert to small panniers).

https://smile.amazon.com/KlickFix-p...id=1469571916&sr=8-46&keywords=rixen+and+Kaul

I use the Bontrager Interchange Rear Trunk Bag it velcros on and has a carrying strap. I usually have my wallet and other things in it so when I get to where I am going I take it with me. I also keep my slime, pump, lock, and multi purpose tool in it. Plenty of space left over if you want to run minor errands and pick up a few things.

For grocery runs I use my Burley carrier hooked on with the stromer mount.

Ortlieb bags were recommended to me. I think I got the second to largest size. Works great and comes in easy to see colors.

Ortlieb here, too. They work well. Since they are expensive, have to take them off the bike after commute. Fortunately the quick-release is easy to use once learned.

Same here Ortlieb
But Vaude has very nice waterproof bags(not cheap) look at the Bayreuth III in medium and large.
Maybe not a sidebag but very nice:Additive bag V1

175833_00_c.jpg
175833_01_c.jpg

The Ortlieb Trunk Bag snaps onto the rear rack. We've sold lots of them and they work great. I have one on my personal bike as well.

The Ortlieb Trunk Bag snaps onto the rear rack. We've sold lots of them and they work great. I have one on my personal bike as well.

Thanks for the advice...
In fact; half a week ago; I ordered the Ortlieb trunkbag; which is on its way to Norway from Germany as we speak :)
As far as I can see; it comes in two versions, or perhaps; there are changes from one year-model to another ?!

I see the Ortlieb trunkbag sold with a built in adapter for any rack; and another version with a separate adapter; which must be fitted separately to the bikerack. The version with separate adapter; also got holders for panniers; so mounting panniers will not be in conflict with the mounting of a trunkbag. I got the latest mentioned version. I will post about it when I have received it.

Today, I got my mailordered Ortlieb trunkbag :)
It is german made; and have a" high quality"- feel over it. Containing 8 litres; its not a very big bag; but will fit its purpose well. It got one main compartment with a small pocket on the inside and two separate rooms on the outside. All rooms with a zipper. The bag is supposed to be totally waterproof.

There are a "newer" and a "older" version of this bag. The older version got a separate adapter-bracket; which is "permanently" attached to the bikerack. The latest version got a clever quick release-bracket built into the bottom of the bag. Once this mechanism is tuned to a specific rack; its matter of push of a button/key to release the bag. Fastening the bag is only matter of a push.
I was under impression I had ordered the "older" version; but was wrong. I got the newer one; and is happy about that; as the bike looks better without any rack-adapter; when the trunk not is in use.

When the "hooks"; which fixate the bag is adjusted to the rack( done in minutes); the bike is locked / unlocked from the rack in a few seconds. The bag is secured very firm and secure. A "key" (two sets are included) is inserted to the bracket to release two of the "hooks".

When fastening the bag, you only need to push the bag down on the rack. Two "click"-noises confirm that both locking-hooks has secured the bag to the rack.

There is a nice non-removeable shoulderstrap on the bag. When this strap not is in use, it is very easy to tighten and fold away. Very clever.

The bag and its fastening-system fits perfect on the ST2S ! ! !

Conclusion:
Negatives: I would not minded if it was a couple of litres bigger. Also; I am unsure how potential panniers go together with it.

Positives: High quality feel, is secured very well to the rack in seconds.
20160812_191420.jpg
trunkbag1.jpg
20160812_190858.jpg
handle1.jpg
handle2.jpg
handle3.jpg
ortlieb7.jpg
ortlieb5.jpg
ortlieb4.jpg

Pictures says more than thousand words, so hier goes:

Last edited:
I highly recommend Arkel bags http://www.arkel-od.com/

I have a number of their bags including the GT-18 backpack pannier combo, tailrider trunk bag with randonneur seat post rack for extra space, and the shopper urban pannier. As you can see I use my bike for commuting, running errands, grocery shopping, etc. These bags are excellent with great sturdy attachment mechanisms and waterproofing. Can't ask for more but they are expensive.

Today, I got my mailordered Ortlieb trunkbag :)
It is german made; and have a" high quality"- feel over it. Containing 8 litres; its not a very big bag; but will fit its purpose well. It got one main compartment with a small pocket on the inside and two separate rooms on the outside. All rooms with a zipper. The bag is supposed to be totally waterproof.

There are a "newer" and a "older" version of this bag. The older version got a separate adapter-bracket; which is "permanently" attached to the bikerack. The latest version got a clever quick release-bracket built into the bottom of the bag. Once this mechanism is tuned to a specific rack; its matter of push of a button/key to release the bag. Fastening the bag is only matter of a push.
I was under impression I had ordered the "older" version; but was wrong. I got the newer one; and is happy about that; as the bike looks better without any rack-adapter; when the trunk not is in use.

When the "hooks"; which fixate the bag is adjusted to the rack( done in minutes); the bike is locked / unlocked from the rack in a few seconds. The bag is secured very firm and secure. A "key" (two sets are included) is inserted to the bracket to release two of the "hooks".

When fastening the bag, you only need to push the bag down on the rack. Two "click"-noises confirm that both locking-hooks has secured the bag to the rack.

There is a nice non-removeable shoulderstrap on the bag. When this strap not is in use, it is very easy to tighten and fold away. Very clever.

The bag and its fastening-system fits perfect on the ST2S ! ! !

Conclusion:
Negatives: I would not minded if it was a couple of litres bigger. Also; I am unsure how potential panniers go together with it.

Positives: High quality feel, is secured very well to the rack in seconds.View attachment 8625 View attachment 8628 View attachment 8637 View attachment 8598 View attachment 8601 View attachment 8604 View attachment 8607 View attachment 8610 View attachment 8613
Pictures says more than thousand words, so hier goes:
That looks great. Can you advise where I can buy this exact bag in the USA?

Hay elbikefun:

Here's a mod you may like. I had one of our mechanics take a Cygolite Hot Shot Pro 80 and mount it to the trunk bag on my personal bike. They removed the strap and used the existing screw (to hold the strap) to mount the cygolite. The light comes with a mounting bracket into which they drilled a hole and then screwed it to the bag.

I now have a very bright flashing tail light that is securely mounted and looks very custom. Took about 10 minutes to do.

Hay elbikefun:

Here's a mod you may like. I had one of our mechanics take a Cygolite Hot Shot Pro 80 and mount it to the trunk bag on my personal bike. They removed the strap and used the existing screw (to hold the strap) to mount the cygolite. The light comes with a mounting bracket into which they drilled a hole and then screwed it to the bag.

I now have a very bright flashing tail light that is securely mounted and looks very custom. Took about 10 minutes to do.
Any pics?

Back