SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Trivia #2 of 2 : Crossing State Lines …
View attachment 43464
Whenever I cross a state boundary there are typically two messages from those who have deemed themselves to be in charge…
  1. Welcome to our State.
  2. We'd like to take this opportunity to reminder you… threat, threat, threat!
I was so bored on my return trip to Queensland that I actually read the threat message (only one!). Good grief! A $63,000 fine! That's double what my car cost.

So what is this inexcusable wickedness that won't be tolerated in the Sunshine State? I've left a clue on the sign – not in the tiny writing at the bottom, so don't strain your eyes.

Locals and those who have looked up the answer on Street View, please consider yourselves sworn to silence for the moment.
Do you know if anybody has recently been caught and fined?

View attachment 43464
Whenever I cross a state boundary there are typically two messages from those who have deemed themselves to be in charge…
  1. Welcome to our State.
I was so bored on my return trip to Queensland that I actually read the threat message (only one!). Good grief! A $63,000 fine! That's double what my car cost.

So what is this inexcusable wickedness that won't be tolerated in the Sunshine State? I've left a clue on the sign – not in the tiny writing at the bottom, so don't strain your eyes.

Locals and those who have looked up the answer on Street View, please consider yourselves sworn to silence for the moment.
Cmon PaD just take a dumb guess like me. My guess is no importing rabbits across state lines?

What a nice surprise the weatherman gave us for New Years Day. Got 95km in this morning.
1577912781418.png

1. Welcome to our State.
What is this inexcusable wickedness that won't be tolerated in the Sunshine State? I've left a clue on the sign – not in the tiny writing at the bottom, so don't strain your eyes.

I lived in Queensland for a few years... they have serious penalties for employing illegal workers. ;)

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
Penalties for breaching Australian employment laws
Most businesses - including small businesses - are now covered by the Fair Work Act 2009.
Employers risk penalties of up to $63,000 for each breach of the Fair Work Act 2009.

Have you ever looked up just to see dinner go by?

Attachments

• D1C18B12-3D34-4A01-8A38-0CE9044CC0C0.jpeg
    D1C18B12-3D34-4A01-8A38-0CE9044CC0C0.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 344
The weirdest thing I saw on my latest ride (no pic) -- was probably the vaguely familiar sight of pavement passing beneath my rolling wheels and my pedaling legs...!

After being contentedly single for many years, during which I happily devoted my free time to anything I damn well pleased (such as say, e-biking all the time!) I unexpectedly found myself in a new dating relationship in early November... Needless to say, my previous biking average of 300-400 miles per month plummeted precipitously for Nov & Dec, to about 47 miles. Total. For the two months combined.
Hmmm. That's no way to hit 10,000 miles by my 2nd bike-iversary...

(I blame that "getting to know you" phase of dating -- forgot long ago, how all-consuming that can be! And apparently, I just cannot multi-task well at all.)

So in Dec., I was getting increasingly adamant that I must start 2020 properly, and get back in the saddle... what better way than with an easy ride on Jan. 1! Sunny and 49f - just about perfect!
Fortunately, during this same "getting to know you" phase, I had the foresight early on to gently insist that my new amour's neglected bike be made road-worthy... Which means my first ride of 2020 was also our first ride together! Time will tell if this sticks as a regular activity for us...

Regardless, hello 2020 and Happy New Year, EBR!

Out on my NYR ride yesterday at one of my favorite places to ride the grasses were a bit tall and spent a good amount of the time hoping there weren't any sticks across the trail. Kind of hunt and peck pedaling and the actual trail is quite narrow so some side grabs of the pedals kept things interesting.

Attachments

• IMG_2932.JPG
    IMG_2932.JPG
    843.9 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_2933.JPG
    IMG_2933.JPG
    641 KB · Views: 344
We have our winners …
Steve and Bill knew the answer: there's no more serious offence in Queensland than keeping a bunny rabbit!
View attachment 43514
I did not know that but I am well pleased to have guessed right. I recalled hearing stories of imported animals running amok down under. The last time I passed the Jericho beach rabbit colony I saw kids feeding them carrots. . The time before that when I passed there were no rabbits in sight but a pair of bald eagles were keeping vigil from a nearby tree. Therefore I have devised the following two-part solution : 1) a $63,000 fine for bringing children across the state line. 2) Every time a fine is collected a reward of $6,300 is offered for bringing an Eagle across the state line.

Back