SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Took a trip up to Santa Rosa CA to visit friends and play the horsies at the Sonoma County Fair and stopped in Pedaluma for lunch at Tortilla Real on the way. What a charming little city!

Attachments

• SR Fair.jpg
    SR Fair.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Pedaluma.jpg
    Pedaluma.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 61
  • Tortilla Real.jpg
    Tortilla Real.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 53
  • Flamingo.jpg
    Flamingo.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 60
I dropped by to hook up with a buddy of mine before we hit the trails and arrived in time to check out his latest toy. Apparently, it’s fast and Vettes have a hard time keeping up with him at the track. Just judging by first glance, I don’t have any reason not to believe him.

PXL_20230816_205304688.jpg

PXL_20230816_210059587.jpg

Here’s an intriguing looking stone that we spotted in front of a farm property yesterday which leaves much to one’s imagination and/or interpretation…big toe with a bunion? Phallic symbol of fertility perhaps or just a big ole ugly rock.

View attachment 161475
My guess is a big old ugly rock immediately recognized by the owner as something they could use to mess with passersby.

From today’s ride - A sustainable way of repurposing an old grain bin into a gazebo like structure. I’ve actually heard of people turning larger silos into tiny homes.

View attachment 161476
If the repurposed silo were next to the road, it'd make a great lemonade stand. Could be a money-maker with all the heat you've had.

What's that roof-like wooden structure next it? Some kind of cool-storage cellar?

If the repurposed silo were next to the road, it'd make a great lemonade stand. Could be a money-maker with all the heat you've had.

What's that roof-like wooden structure next it? Some kind of cool-storage cellar?
My thought exactly or perhaps a trailered full-blown concession stand. Some enterprising kiddo(s) could probably make a mint selling flavored ades and dogs by the roadside. I'm sure that the local officials would be up in arms once they caught wind of it. :rolleyes:

Not 100% certain but I think that’s a chicken coop as I did see a hen from the same property trying to cross the road one day. 🤣

We started out this morning’s ride under light showers which prompted us to break out the rain gear. The dark, overcast skies appeared menacing but we were confident that we would be able to finish our ride in time.

Much to our surprise, blue skies appeared in the north 45 minutes later however once the sun appeared it soon became evident that my better half felt an immediate need to remove her jacket. A hallmark symptom that many women of her age experience. :( For this reason, she prefers discarding layers on-the-fly over dismounting so as not to disrupt her progress as well as the flow of cool air. I should mention that we were on a relatively deserted stretch of road.

My wife would kill herself trying that but at least I can still do it.

Back