SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Just checked my patch yesterday and some are still in flower! I still have a few bags in the freezer from last years haul and should be good. Would like to get ahold of some Marionberries though from over the hill. They should be ripe by now?

Just checked my patch yesterday and some are still in flower! I still have a few bags in the freezer from last years haul and should be good. Would like to get ahold of some Marionberries though from over the hill. They should be ripe by now?
Huh...I have never heard of a Marionberry but send me a slice of pie when you make it!
1690243717273.png

They are basically a hybrid blackberry that is more plump and sweeter. I used to live near a commercial patch that allowed U pick and where I got hooked on them. A friend has them growing in his green house north of me also that I get some from. I divorced the pie maker, now more of a crumble type.

They are basically a hybrid blackberry that is more plump and sweeter. I used to live near a commercial patch that allowed U pick and where I got hooked on them. A friend has them growing in his green house north of me also that I get some from. I divorced the pie maker, now more of a crumble type.
And here I was thinking you made a pie outta this guy...

"My what big teeth you have Sidehill Scalper 1000"

JD cutterhead.jpg

Lots of big machine work going on in the hood right now. This "bridge" is made out of 5x5x10 blocks of Expanded Poly Styrene topped with drainage, guard rail supports and road base. It spans a creek that is the water supply for a small village here on the coast.

Coleman Creek Bridge.jpg

It has taken them a long time to get to this point actually. They started on it a year ago.

This road project is taking place in an area that up until it started we had free reign of. Now I have to sneak up there on Sunday evenings to get a ride in that area. Part of our trail system has been cut off due to lack of access but will be restored upon completion of the project. I just hope they are out of there by Chanterelle season.

The blackberry patch in our cul de sac is sill mostly green with just a few early berries ready.

We've been eating a bowl of raspberries every day or 2 from the back yard for the last few weeks though. Our neighbor gave us a start last year and my wife planted it along the fence line. Now its starting to crowd out rose bushes and the neighbor is complaining its coming up on their side of the fence :)

Looks like this?

Oh i get it now.... a wheelchair attaches to it!

Looks like this?

I was kink of thinking something like that.

View attachment 159064
Quick picture on the way home from beers and tacos.

View attachment 159062
Plus, I was able to ride a Surly Wednesday tonight and now I am back to wanting to convert a Surly Ogre to a long range ebike. New bike day for the owner, and I got to ride it! Awesome.
Given the thread title "SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd, UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides", I thought you showing us purple dirt in the cow photo. White balance?

I picked the hottest week of the summer so far to ride Pennsylvania's Pine Creek Trail. I started at 7AM in the cool of the morning and put in 54 miles. It was close to 90 by the time I quit around noon.

IMG_003741a.jpg
IMG_003745a.jpg
IMG_003750a.jpg

On my way back, a sudden squall brought down a limb, blocking the trail. I could have lifted my bike over it but I decided to play the good Samaritan for a group of ladies riding behind me. One had a trike which would have been difficult to lift. 5 minutes with my folding saw and the trail was open again.

IMG_003757a.jpg
IMG_003760a.jpg
IMG_003758a.jpg

I can't remember the number of times that saw has saved my bacon. I learned a long time ago to always carry one. It's amazing what that little tool can cut.

Pretty cool! Although when and if I get stuck in a wheelchair I'll cash out an investment and have a go with a Segway or similar.
If I ever really need a wheelchair, getting around outside my house isn't going to be a priority, but I'm older than dirt. The last house remodeling , I made everything accessible... I borrowed a wheelchair and made sure I could go everywhere on the main floor, and built a ramp outside. I never go see anyone anyway.

But if i was disabled as a young man, I would definitely want one of those.

Back