SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

I used to pass this billboard on I-86 near Elmira, NY. on my way out to ride the Pine Creek Trail. Apparently, there were enough complaints to have it removed back in 2020. The female store owner took it to court and I see it has since been restored. I'm sorry if anyone finds it offensive but it certainly is unusual.

Screenshot (40).jpg

https://www.mytwintiers.com/news-ca...lboard-debate-should-it-stay-or-should-it-go/

I used to pass this billboard on I-86 near Elmira, NY. on my way out to ride the Pine Creek Trail. Apparently, there were enough complaints to have it removed back in 2020. The female store owner took it to court and I see it has since been restored. I'm sorry if anyone finds it offensive but it certainly is unusual.

View attachment 159239

https://www.mytwintiers.com/news-ca...lboard-debate-should-it-stay-or-should-it-go/
Unfortunately, the highways around Harrisburg PA at least seem to have dozens of these type of signs. I wouldn't want to have to explain that to a school age child ...

View attachment 159239

Something that I noticed in hanging around with the Amish is they young and old, they like to read the signs outloud. A couple years ago some teen boys saw that, read it outloud and laughed like crazy for the next 10 minutes. A few months ago, a nice older gentleman saw it, read it in a rather matter of fact way. I knew he didn't get it, but I was doing everything I could to not laugh.

Something that I noticed in hanging around with the Amish is they young and old, they like to read the signs outloud. A couple years ago some teen boys saw that, read it outloud and laughed like crazy for the next 10 minutes. A few months ago, a nice older gentleman saw it, read it in a rather matter of fact way. I knew he didn't get it, but I was doing everything I could to not laugh.
The fact that there are Amish children suggests that the old Amish guy may have known more than he let on.

I ride by this old farm truck and thresher along my route almost daily and didn’t notice the name on the vehicle door until today. I knew a few members of the Stickland family who once owned these relics and likely used them in their operation at one time. Reg Stickland passed away years ago but I’m sure that the next generation of family has taken over the reins using more modern, sophisticated equipment that are a more familiar sight working the fields today. Seeing these vestiges of the past conjures up one’s imagination of how it used to be done.

Farming requires that you wear many hats and adapting to modern technology can’t be ignored but nothing beats the experience and knowledge that’s passed down from generation to generation. Farmers farm because they love doing it and want to continue on for years.

PXL_20230729_211453854.jpg

PXL_20230729_211458766.jpg

A dream garage perhaps? We ride by this home in our neighborhood often and I never tire of it. The vintage garage chocked full of classic memorabilia comes complete with a service bay inside. Sweeet!

View attachment 159974
View attachment 159975
My long-standing love affair with gasoline cars and car culture isn't over, but I know the cars gotta go, and soon.

My dream car in middle school was the Pontiac GTO — an early 1960s muscle car with a huge, gas-guzzling V8. Spotting — and hearing — a beautifully restored example in traffic recently brought a nostalgic smile.

Then I got boxed in right behind it at a long light. The exhaust was downright toxic. Seriously thought about escaping on foot. In 2023, that thing should have been in a museum, not on the road.

We started out this morning’s ride under light showers which prompted us to break out the rain gear. The dark, overcast skies appeared menacing but we were confident that we would be able to finish our ride in time.

Much to our surprise, blue skies appeared in the north 45 minutes later however once the sun appeared it soon became evident that my better half felt an immediate need to remove her jacket. A hallmark symptom that many women of her age experience. :( For this reason, she prefers discarding layers on-the-fly over dismounting so as not to disrupt her progress as well as the flow of cool air. I should mention that we were on a relatively deserted stretch of road.

PD
Your better half is a LOT more talented than I am to ride with no hands on,
all you see of me is turning a phart knocker out thru the pucker brush...........
about the time I got the coat down around my waist and couldn't reach the bars.
She done good......

PD
Your better half is a LOT more talented than I am to ride with no hands on,
all you see of me is turning a phart knocker out thru the pucker brush...........
about the time I got the coat down around my waist and couldn't reach the bars.
She done good......
It's even trickier when riding in a crosswind which didn’t seem to faze her. When it comes to riding hands free, no one comes close to this guy.

Much to our surprise, blue skies appeared in the north 45 minutes later however once the sun appeared it soon became evident that my better half felt an immediate need to remove her jacket. A hallmark symptom that many women of her age experience. :( For this reason, she prefers discarding layers on-the-fly over dismounting so as not to disrupt her progress as well as the flow of cool air. I should mention that we were on a relatively deserted stretch of road.

Totally get your wife's motivation to perfect that technique. About a decade after mine suffered through hot flashes, I ended up on an 18-month course of a med that gave me multiple hot flashes a day with cold flashes in between. Miserable, and always out of the blue.

When it was her turn in the barrel, I remember thinking, how bad can they be? Should have been A LOT more sympathetic.

Totally get your wife's motivation to perfect that technique. About a decade after mine suffered through hot flashes, I ended up on an 18-month course of a med that gave me multiple hot flashes a day with cold flashes in between. Miserable, and always out of the blue.

When it was her turn in the barrel, I remember thinking, how bad can they be? Should have been A LOT more sympathetic.
It's the spontaneity as to when they occur which affects her to the greatest degree. So far, they aren’t severe enough that they interfere with her daily activities but nevertheless the unpredictability is frustrating for her. It’s the bad gift that keeps on giving but thankfully it won’t last forever.

At the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania in Ronks, PA.

Attachments

• IMG_2347.jpeg
    IMG_2347.jpeg
    606.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2348.jpeg
    IMG_2348.jpeg
    264.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2346.jpeg
    IMG_2346.jpeg
    346.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2343.jpeg
    IMG_2343.jpeg
    507.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2349.jpeg
    IMG_2349.jpeg
    295.5 KB · Views: 51
we went on the portland bridge ride crossing 8 bridges. a bit crazy and a ton of riders. tons of bananas and cookies too. 19.5 miles we got to ride a couple of bridges that are car only going the wrong direction no less.
View attachment 160329View attachment 160330View attachment 160331View attachment 160333View attachment 160334View attachment 160335View attachment 160336View attachment 160337
Sounds like tons of fun! Your bridges must be pretty concentrated to cross 8 in 19.5 mi.

Q1. Were all of them river bridges?

Q2. Ballpark, what percentage of ebikes did you see?

Back