SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Dempsey Rd North Van
1681336499502.jpeg

Here is their menu... next time I will try # 7 ,the Kurobuta Love Meat ...View attachment 151648
One of the key flavor components used in the dogs might the Japanese mayo which is different than western mayonnaise in that whole eggs and rice wine vinegar are used giving it a richer and tangier flavor. This is the only brand that we stock in our fridge.

1681445903893.png
1681445920765.png

I would give my vote to #4, the tonkatsu dog as Japanese fried pork cutlets are one of my faves. It’s traditionally served over a bed of thinly sliced cabbage and drizzled with Bulldog tonkatsu sauce with a flavor similar to that of Worcestershire sauce only better.

One of the key flavor components used in the dogs might the Japanese mayo which is different than western mayonnaise in that whole eggs and rice wine vinegar are used giving it a richer and tangier flavor. This is the only brand that we stock in our fridge.

View attachment 151661View attachment 151662
I would give my vote to #4, the tonkatsu dog as Japanese fried pork cutlets are one of my faves. It’s traditionally served over a bed of thinly sliced cabbage and drizzled with Bulldog tonkatsu sauce with a flavor similar to that of Worcestershire sauce only better.
Ok I will try that #4 next !

Ok I will try that #4 next !
I’ve never eaten a Japadog before so I’m just going off what strikes me as being most familiar. I’m a sucker for anything fried and I do occasionally make the pork cutlet dish at home in the traditional manner. I admire how the owner has taken his Japanese roots and has transformed the plain and simple hotdog into something unique to Vancouver that would appeal to Canadian and most Asian palettes.

Back