SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

It's rainy season this time of the year freakin weird about it is it hasn't rained that much.
Grasses around my off road trails are so dry to a point they are a fire hazard.
Rainy season? Here a bike path in our rainy season...
1637111457788.png

Rainy season? Here a bike path in our rainy season...
w have a stream right next to the main bike path too even dairying normal weather its close. the stream often floods. I wanted to ride up there and check it last year but my wife was out of commission then and so was I.

Stay safe Steve. Our thoughts are with those impacted by the devastation which occurred in southern BC. The worst may be over but the cleanup and highway washouts will take weeks if not months. :(
Thanks we are fine here at 90 feet above sea level. We did our normal 100 km rides Tues and Wed. Everything seems 99 % normal in the city proper and surrounding burbs but out in the Fraser valley it is another sad story. In the Summer we cycled the Sumas Prairie area along the dykes and through Clayburn. Here is a pic from better days.
1637247122561.png

Okay, this is something you don't see everyday at least not in my neck of the woods. This front yard sculpture is only a few blocks from my home.
View attachment 106456
Okay, glad I checked into this thread, I needed that!

What makes it perfect is that the house and the rest of the property looks so normal. If the house were a geodesic dome made from neon tubes, a plastic yurt painted in lurid primary colors, or a bunker made from beer cans, I'd kind of figure, "Oh, okay. It's a concept-- kind of like the Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo or whatever."

But this is like someone dressed in business-casual khakis, a polo shirt... and a single clown shoe.

Okay, glad I checked into this thread, I needed that!

What makes it perfect is that the house and the rest of the property looks so normal. If the house were a geodesic dome made from neon tubes, a plastic yurt painted in lurid primary colors, or a bunker made from beer cans, I'd kind of figure, "Oh, okay. It's a concept-- kind of like the Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo or whatever."

But this is like someone dressed in business-casual khakis, a polo shirt... and a single clown shoe.
What’s worse, having a giant sail fish or a 10’ high minion next to your house? FWIW, the giant yellow pill capsule is for sale. At least we know which one would be most popular with the neighborhood kids. ;)

24664835_web1_210328-RDA-Minion-lawn-art2.jpg

Last edited:
Some great photos! Please put what city/state country - there are many places I would love to visit and go riding but dont know where they are.

Some great photos! Please put what city/state country - there are many places I would love to visit and go riding but dont know where they are.
Indeed. clicking on the avatar will often show a member's location ... honda400 ?

Thanks - we often travel around and take photos so I was thinking that may or may not be accurate. Plus knowing what trail it is could be really nice for planning trips. A lot of you have some great areas to ride and beautiful trails I would love to ride someday. Thanks!

Thanks - we often travel around and take photos so I was thinking that may or may not be accurate. Plus knowing what trail it is could be really nice for planning trips. A lot of you have some great areas to ride and beautiful trails I would love to ride someday. Thanks!
If you live in, or travel to, the northeastern US., this thread lists many good trails recommended by our members.

In Coastal Northern California we sort of do a wormhole around Winter and have Spring and Fall at the same time instead. Many plants are greening up. I saw a patch of grass with dandelions that looked like late March in New England. Some trees are turning colors others don't bother. I saw a Maple will all green leaves as if it thought is was August. The photos are from today. The fish is sole.
1637522453778.jpeg

Attachments

• 112121a.JPG
    112121a.JPG
    406.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 112121b.JPG
    112121b.JPG
    244.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 112121d.JPG
    112121d.JPG
    413.5 KB · Views: 118
Back