SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Glad you picked up on it. Shimano is the real deal.
I have looked at a few ebikes not many has multiple drive sprockets upfront. Scott and Giant looks as if it has them. Heres a couple of ebikes on my wish lists because I'm too poor to start collecting Toyota Land Cruisers.
Those beach shots are amazing. A get away to The Gathering Place would be so nice in Jan/Feb during the coldest time of the year here. I remember over 35 years ago when my folks had a vacation place on Molokai (Molokai Shores). There wasnā€™t much there at the time but it would be a blast to go back and visit. :cool:

My wife came across this old car on one of her recent rides.

prMoPRB.jpg

What an amazing thing!! looks like the tree is same age as the car. I tried to find markings what kind car is?
Looks to be an early to mid 60's Chevy.
I want to take a look at this for myself. If it ever stops raining I will go for a ride with my wife so she can show me.

I am going to say 1962 Chevy Biscayne.
Kinda reminds me of my first car-a 1960 Pontiac Parisienne. Two door hardtop, six cylinder, and two speed automatic transmission. I traded it in six months after I bought it for a 1967 Austin Mini. What a difference!

Today I did my first-ever ride up to a Nike missile site near here. Rode from home all the way up. I've walked/hiked it once. 1000' of vertical on steep fire roads. This bike is so cool - loving it!
59268B4F-BD59-49C8-BF0A-DA0237EFAB97.jpeg

(Ignore the Ebbetts Pass caption - not sure why the app added that - was from a pic I took a couple years ago. Doh).

Single track trail to get down was a bit rough on this bike - first time I've ridden it since I hurt my knee a couple years ago.
FD2B05B7-17C0-47E5-9836-7FF97EAEB35D.jpeg

The Intrepid Rio and I Have Managed to Bag A Greater Bronze Redlegged Hydra.

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 2.54.08 PM.png

The dawn sky was possibly threatening when we began our quest but we were not deterred.

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 2.56.08 PM.png

Our quest took us through a deep rugged and sawgrass choked canyon. Too bad Rio was the only one who could drink this stuff. (should have brought water)

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 2.55.25 PM.png

The jumbled boulders and sawgrass blocked our way several times and we were forced to scurry up the sides of the steeply sloped canyon walls to circumnavigate the stuff. Here's rugged but I forgot to get a pic of the seas of sawgrass. ( hadn't planned to make this report at the time )

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 3.14.18 PM.png

Here's a nice picture of a cactus:

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 2.54.49 PM.png

Finally, much the worse for wear, ( well ... I was, Rio was having a blast ) we reached open country where we knew the Hydra could not avoid us.

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 2.55.45 PM.png

Aaannnd .... we picked up our only sleeping Hydra and rode home.

The Intrepid Rio and I Have Managed to Bag A Greater Bronze Redlegged Hydra.

View attachment 108459

The dawn sky was possibly threatening when we began our quest but we were not deterred.

View attachment 108460

Our quest took us through a deep rugged and sawgrass choked canyon. Too bad Rio was the only one who could drink this stuff. (should have brought water)

View attachment 108461

The jumbled boulders and sawgrass blocked our way several times and we were forced to scurry up the sides of the steeply sloped canyon walls to circumnavigate the stuff. Here's rugged but I forgot to get a pic of the seas of sawgrass. ( hadn't planned to make this report at the time )

View attachment 108462

Here's a nice picture of a cactus:

View attachment 108463

Finally, much the worse for wear, ( well ... I was, Rio was having a blast ) we reached open country where we knew the Hydra could not avoid us.

View attachment 108465

Aaannnd .... we picked up our only sleeping Hydra and rode home.
Reed, I don't think I've seen your Hydra before. That color choice looks great on the bike!

Thanks for sharing!

Jay Larson did himself proud with this very cool trailer. I happened upon Jay as he was riding his trailerā€™s maiden voyage along the Southwest Trail in Madison, WI. Seeing the trailer, I needed to know moreā€¦
From Jay:
Iā€™m a boat builder so I jumped at the chance when a friend offered me his stash of redwood. Unfortunately it was all 3 feet or less, a little too short to build another kayak. I designed this based on the profile of the classic teardrop trailer. I milled the redwood to 1/4ā€ strips and used Douglas Fir for accents. It has a slide out drawer for a cooler. While my primary goal is extended bicycle camping trips, I expect it to get just as much use for shorter trips to the grocery store.

Attachments

• IMG_5995.JPG
    IMG_5995.JPG
    580.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_5982.JPG
    IMG_5982.JPG
    614.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5983.JPG
    IMG_5983.JPG
    539.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_5984.JPG
    IMG_5984.JPG
    403.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_5985.JPG
    IMG_5985.JPG
    503.1 KB · Views: 115
Jay Larson did himself proud with this very cool trailer. I happened upon Jay as he was riding his trailerā€™s maiden voyage along the Southwest Trail in Madison, WI. Seeing the trailer, I needed to know moreā€¦
From Jay:
Iā€™m a boat builder so I jumped at the chance when a friend offered me his stash of redwood. Unfortunately it was all 3 feet or less, a little too short to build another kayak. I designed this based on the profile of the classic teardrop trailer. I milled the redwood to 1/4ā€ strips and used Douglas Fir for accents. It has a slide out drawer for a cooler. While my primary goal is extended bicycle camping trips, I expect it to get just as much use for shorter trips to the grocery store.
That is a beauty!

Why do you avoid the Sawgrass ? Does it produce flat tires like the Cactus ?
Oh we were on foot. We had left the bike up on top and scrambled down about a hundred feet into a narrow creek channel that runs through here. You couldn't make it through this sawgrass on a horse. It grows 7ft tall, has razor sharp leaves ( saw ) and tangles you up like herbaceous octopi.

Clockwise, that little bowl is French Onion slow cooked from 2 AM. It arrives at about 500 F with melted Swiss on top. The delicate fluffy goodie has dark chocolate in the middle. The bread is SF sourdough wheat with organic local butter. The toast is severed with heirloom tomatoes and smoked salmon with fresh baby greens. The coffee is roasted each day and has cream on top, cinnamon and is filled with cholate nubs. A touch of Kosher salt touches your lip as you sip. After a ride it serves to restore. That guy's other bike looks like a dragon.

In two weeks the days will get longer. I noticed that the buds of tulip trees are anticipating this arrival of Persephone from the underworld. Soon these peach trees will have pink blossoms.
1638753248023.jpeg

Last edited:
Back