SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

I dont want to run in a boring marathon either.

IMG_3312.jpeg

I have nothing weird here today but felt like posting pics from this trail. I recently discovered a " No Ebikes " sign at one end. At first it broke my heart ,but I decided I simply cannot stop riding my favorite trail. Call me an outlaw, but I do try to be ultra respectful of hikers and I do not want to bring any trouble. View attachment 99963
It's not just e-bikes. I see regular bikes going to fast on our trails too.
But they like to pick on e-bikes. They do cause more damage, I guess.
Keep looking up! Ken.

I have nothing weird here today but felt like posting pics from this trail. I recently discovered a " No Ebikes " sign at one end. At first it broke my heart ,but I decided I simply cannot stop riding my favorite trail. Call me an outlaw, but I do try to be ultra respectful of hikers and I do not want to bring any trouble. View attachment 99963
Sounds like you are a good "ambassador" for ebikes.

Edit: Meant sincerely. We show deference to any of the few(ish) people, horses, dogs we encounter on the trails we ride.

I expect trails to only get their full and proper visitation because of a coming surge and tidal wave of ebikers.

Sounds like you are a good "ambassador" for ebikes.

Edit: Meant sincerely. We show deference to any of the few(ish) people, horses, dogs we encounter on the trails we ride.

I expect trails to only get their full and proper visitation because of a coming surge and tidal wave of ebikers.
I would either take down the sign (heaven forbid !), OR cross out the E on ebikes. In either case I would diffinatly continue to ride until they tried to send in a swat team! or worse the ATF...they shoot citizens like they are the Al Qaeda. AMERICA, LAND OF THE FREE...AAAAAAAH dead.

:) Yeah

We let people riot night after night and loot businesses for the best part of a year. I doubt an ebike riding infraction will mark any of us significantly for life. :)
Right, however these riots are the last choice of the systematically disenfranchised. So not really comparable.

This battery has a new way of accessing the juice.

Attachments

• BatteryTop.JPG
    BatteryTop.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 146
What trail is it?
It is the Tct trail on the North side of Burnaby mountain. It starts at the East end of Hastings street and climbs straight up then take a slight left on the road towards the Indian arm viewpoint and keep heading East along the fence up past the rose garden and playground. Keep left when when the trail splits near SFU. It comes out at the very North end of North road. It is about 10 k . You can make a 20- 25 k loop by going down North road and then right onto the Stoney Creek trail and back across Eastlake, Shellmont ,Underhill, Greystone etc. If you want me to meet and ride it with you let me know Dave .

Last edited:
Back