SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

What do you mean, not really blue? They look that way, feathers on the ground look that way when examined closely.

???
"The Steller’s jay is one of the more common birds Yosemite visitors see. It has beautiful blue feathers that aren’t blue at all--that is, they have no blue pigment in them. This is also the case with Yosemite’s mountain bluebirds. Birds with yellow or red feathers usually get their color from pigments in the foods they eat, but the digestive process destroys blue pigments. So how do feathers on mountain bluebirds or Steller’s jays get their blue color?

Feathers are made of keratin, the same stuff your fingernails are made of. As a feather that will become blue grows, keratin molecules grow inside each cell, creating a pattern. When the cell dies, a structure of keratin interspersed with air pockets remains. As sunlight strikes one of these feathers, the keratin pattern causes red and yellow wavelengths to cancel each other out. The blue wavelengths reflect back, giving the feather its color. Different shapes and sizes of air pockets and keratin make different shades of blue. This is what scientists call a structural color (as opposed to pigmented color.)"

It is the Tct trail on the North side of Burnaby mountain. It starts at the East end of Hastings street and climbs straight up then take a slight left on the road towards the Indian arm viewpoint and keep heading East along the fence up past the rose garden and playground. Keep left when when the trail splits near SFU. It comes out at the very North end of North road. It is about 10 k . You can make a 20- 25 k loop by going down North road and then right onto the Stoney Creek trail and back across Eastlake, Shellmont ,Underhill, Greystone etc. If you want me to meet and ride it with you let me know Dave .
I might take you up on that. I've got a couple of weeks off coming up so I can pick a nice day!
Cheers Steve.

If someone told you that you have a 'sweet ride.' Would you then say something like, 'Thanks, yours is nice too'?
It is something weird and unusual from one of my 'rides.'
Yes, I'd likely say something relatively kind and/or innocuous at first. After that, anything goes.

After 20mile riding, a
_MG_9704.jpg
ll the way from mountain to Blue sky

"The Steller’s jay is one of the more common birds Yosemite visitors see. It has beautiful blue feathers that aren’t blue at all--that is, they have no blue pigment in them. This is also the case with Yosemite’s mountain bluebirds. Birds with yellow or red feathers usually get their color from pigments in the foods they eat, but the digestive process destroys blue pigments. So how do feathers on mountain bluebirds or Steller’s jays get their blue color?

Feathers are made of keratin, the same stuff your fingernails are made of. As a feather that will become blue grows, keratin molecules grow inside each cell, creating a pattern. When the cell dies, a structure of keratin interspersed with air pockets remains. As sunlight strikes one of these feathers, the keratin pattern causes red and yellow wavelengths to cancel each other out. The blue wavelengths reflect back, giving the feather its color. Different shapes and sizes of air pockets and keratin make different shades of blue. This is what scientists call a structural color (as opposed to pigmented color.)"
The same goes with blue butterflies. Higher frequencies of light scatter. That is why the sky is blue. Even though all visible frequencies are present up there. Lower frequencies are more directional and penetrating. We will see this with the new James Webb telescope over the old Hubble. The new Webb will be more penetrating, offering much sharper images than the scattered Hubble images.

This is going on someone's 'ride'. He has arthritis and needed an extension for his trigger shifter. That part does not exist anywhere, so I imagined one, designed it, fabricated it from multiple layers of ductility, and finished it. Is it factory perfect like hotel art, nope, it is handcrafted, so he can get out on the trails. Is it odd, weird? Oh, Yes, one of a kind for his ride.
1631849290102.jpeg

Attachments

• RaleighIDo26JPG.JPG
    RaleighIDo26JPG.JPG
    295.8 KB · Views: 132
This is going on someone's 'ride'. He has arthritis and needed an extension for his trigger shifter. That part does not exist anywhere, so I imagined one, designed it, fabricated it from multiple layers of ductility, and finished it. Is it factory perfect like hotel art, nope, it is handcrafted, so he can get out on the trails. Is it odd, weird? Oh, Yes, one of a kind for his ride.
View attachment 100184
Very impressed with the pic of your shop. Now I understand how you come up with those fantastic bikes of yours. :cool:

came across this memorial today. saw another one on this really busy bridge we were crossing but didn't to stop for a pic.

read.cfmIMG_3341.jpeg

View attachment 100184
Impressive. And the shop looks very Norman Rockwell / Wright brothers.

Back