SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

The forecast is for another week of rain starting tomorrow so I made hay while the sun shone today. Iona seen from Marine drive.
1569973481153.png

Ebiker of the day is this friendly man I met in East Van who built this E-quad himself. He told me it started out as a Trike? He used PVC piping for some parts! He packed the batteries himelf too. He has a 10ah and a 20 ah pack, (10 shown) .The quad weighs 70 lbs. It also has regen braking which he says adds about 15% to the range and has a flip down slot for a solar panel (not shown) which he says does not add much range. RIDE ON!
1570053354933.png

It took him about 2 months to build. It uses 16" wheels and has a 500 watt hub motor and uses aluminium and PVC piping. He says it can climb almost anything. Unique indeed!
1570053521293.png

Last edited:
Ebiker of the day is this friendly man I met in East Van who built this E-quad himself. He told me it started out as a Trike? He used PVC piping for some parts! He packed the batteries himelf too. He has a 10ah and a 20 ah pack, (10 shown) .The quad weighs 70 lbs. It also has regen braking which he says adds about 15% to the range and has a flip down slot for a solar panel (not shown) which he says does not add much range. RIDE ON!View attachment 39392
Very creative DIY vehicle. I admire his creativity and ingenuity . I wonder what kind of range he gets on that contraption.

Hey Court - Courtesy Speed Limit sign on the Ft Collins, CO Rec Trail. They have a wonderful system of trails.

Vehicle of the day is this Double Decker on a flat bed trailer which must be a movie prop since the only double deckers in use around here are on Vancouver Island.
1570670878697.png

Ebiker of the day is my sister in law on her first day with her new Giant Liv Amiti E+1, the womans version of the Explore E +1 . This model is only available in Canada I understand. It has the 500 watt battery and the sports motor as well as integrated lights , plus rack and fenders. We rode 50 very hilly kms and she used only 2 of 5 dots or bars. Most of the ride was on the power setting 3 of 5 so think she can easily get 80-100 km on a charge . This seems like a lot of bike for the money. I insisted to her that she get the Tannus inserts if she is keeping the Crosscut tires and I threatened to abandon her at the roadside if she gets a flat without them
1570750910571.png

Ebiker of the day is my sister in law on her first day with her new Giant Liv Amiti E+1, the womans version of the Explore E +1 . This model is only available in Canada I understand. It has the 500 watt battery and the sports motor as well as integrated lights , plus rack and fenders. We rode 50 very hilly kms and she used only 2 of 5 dots or bars. Most of the ride was on the power setting 3 of 5 so think she can easily get 80-100 km on a charge . This seems like a lot of bike for the money. I insisted to her that she get the Tannus inserts if she is keeping the Crosscut tires and I threatened to abandon her at the roadside if she gets a flat without them View attachment 39844

Great looking bike! I really like how Giant/Liv has incorporated the battery into the frame. Nice clean graceful lines.
And don’t abandon her on the trail (lol I believe you are joking)!!
Many happy miles.

I came upon this a homemade bike camper. I could see the man was having lunch inside and he looked snug as a bug in a rug so I did not disturb him. He had an Ebike or Escooter under a cover to pull his home. I heard the a small generator working quietly alongside. The sign on the front says " Learn some humanity (mispelled) and respect before you judge." Well put mysterious traveller.
1570834015381.png

Last edited:
Back