SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

I did not want to stop but I saw a Mickey mouse backpack hanging from a tree.
With the continent in the grip of a heat wave we did 35-miles in the cold drizzling fog in the Marin Headlands above the Golden Gate Bridge today of climbs and stiff winds. Free A/C!!! I had to have thick gloves to prevent my hands from freezing. What a blast! We must have shrunken because of the ride. Here you see three of us at a picnic table.

Attachments

• 07012107.jpg
    07012107.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 07012101.jpg
    07012101.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 07012103.jpg
    07012103.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 07012104.jpg
    07012104.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 07012105.jpg
    07012105.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 07012106.jpg
    07012106.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 143
I heard a story of a Soviet era refusenik boy of 13 landing at JFK. He knew he was in a whole new kind of world that day when he saw a Corvette.

With the continent in the grip of a heat wave we did 35-miles in the cold drizzling fog in the Marin Headlands above the Golden Gate Bridge today of climbs and stiff winds. Free A/C!!! I had to have thick gloves to prevent my hands from freezing. What a blast! We must have shrunken because of the ride. Here you see three of us at a picnic table.
Was it Mark Twain that said, "The coldest Winter I ever spent was a Summer in San Francisco"?

Was it Mark Twain that said, "The coldest Winter I ever spent was a Summer in San Francisco"?
He did.
Talk about weird. This bike has three chains and that is only the beginning of the oddities.
It came in as a rusted mess. For one example, the fuzzy black thing below the handlebar is the cover of an air canister that fits a bike pump. The canister has air hose that powers the air horn. Just pump it before each ride and you will sound like a semi on the bike path.
1625328482907.png

Attachments

• EcoSpeed6.JPG
    EcoSpeed6.JPG
    243.7 KB · Views: 133
  • EcoSpeed2.JPG
    EcoSpeed2.JPG
    324.6 KB · Views: 126
  • EcoSpeed4.JPG
    EcoSpeed4.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 128
  • EcoSpeed7.JPG
    EcoSpeed7.JPG
    347.9 KB · Views: 133
  • EcoSpeed9.JPG
    EcoSpeed9.JPG
    278.1 KB · Views: 134
  • EcoSpeed10.JPG
    EcoSpeed10.JPG
    309.5 KB · Views: 135
He did.
Talk about weird. This bike has three chains and that is only the beginning of the oddities.
It came in as a rusted mess. For one example, the fuzzy black thing below the handlebar is the cover of an air canister that fits a bike pump. The canister has air hose that powers the air horn. Just pump it before each ride and you will sound like a semi on the bike path.
View attachment 92149
Was that actually a production bike or just a prototype?

Was that actually a production bike or just a prototype?
These weird recumbent bikes were made in Oregon, hand productions with another shop doing the conversions. Remember 'Body by Fisher' on cars? This is the one that had the disaster adventure battery shown below. Just don't put it next to a clock!
Buy the way, I finally found a home for the e-Dutch bike with roller brakes. The buyer lived in the Netherlands for 27-years.

Attachments

• 36V Battery Pack.JPG
    36V Battery Pack.JPG
    234.8 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCF7861.JPG
    DSCF7861.JPG
    982.4 KB · Views: 130
Unfortunately, when I was young the expression "more bodies by Fisher" had a very negative connotation .

These weird recumbent bikes were made in Oregon, hand productions with another shop doing the conversions. Remember 'Body by Fisher' on cars? This is the one that had the disaster adventure battery shown below. Just don't put it next to a clock!
Buy the way, I finally found a home for the e-Dutch bike with roller brakes. The buyer lived in the Netherlands for 27-years.
I still have the Bike E FX recumbent that I bought new, down the cellar. Haven't used it in close to 30 years now. I outfitted it with the Mueller fairing that was specifically made for Bike E as well as the rear rack, rear bag and an extra seat, the larger seat backed "Sweet Seat". It was a fun bike and that fairing does make a difference. This bike was their off road recumbent model and featured a Cane Creek rear air shock and a front air shock that required the front wheel to come off and access the air valve.

Well made bicycle, made in the USA. They got a black eye with a recall pertaining to how the seat was attached to that frame and the next thing I knew, after the recall was completed (mine was done with the new seat fix), the company was done. A shame. I believe reading that it was the most popular selling recumbent of all.

Link to the model I have: https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/value-guide/product/36820/

He did.
View attachment 92149
Placing in brain file system under ..Things I could never even have dreamed up while high.:oops:

I still have the Bike E FX recumbent that I bought new, down the cellar. Haven't used it in close to 30 years now. I outfitted it with the Mueller fairing that was specifically made for Bike E as well as the rear rack, rear bag and an extra seat, the larger seat backed "Sweet Seat". It was a fun bike and that fairing does make a difference. This bike was their off road recumbent model and featured a Cane Creek rear air shock and a front air shock that required the front wheel to come off and access the air valve.

Well made bicycle, made in the USA. They got a black eye with a recall pertaining to how the seat was attached to that frame and the next thing I knew, after the recall was completed (mine was done with the new seat fix), the company was done. A shame. I believe reading that it was the most popular selling recumbent of all.

Link to the model I have: https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/value-guide/product/36820/
I don't have the desire (or courage) for a recumbent, but that looks like it is worth fitting a motor and battery on for trails.

Back