Show us pictures of your cockpit!

I did a lot to make my Vado SL serve my purposes but remain possibly as lightweight as designed.

1691639234021.png

It is slightly front heavy because of Innerbarends, Redshift Shock Stop suspension stem, the Wahoo, and the rear-view mirror. However, when weighted, it is still 17.0 kg without the Range Extender battery and the water bottle: as originally specified.

Since converting our Creos to quasi-touring bikes, we’ve actually added more purposeful clutter with gravel handlebar bags. A customizable lid allows us to attach a GoPro or Garmin head unit. Various adapter plates are also available for Wahoo, Quadlock, K-Edge and Barfly. When using the action camera, I pop the Garmin inside the bag and instead use a Peak Design mag phone handlebar mount configured to fit behind the bars so that I'm still able to monitor traffic with the Varia app on my Pixel. The phone can be attached either in portrait or landscape positions. The handlebar stubs on either side of the bag accommodates both a bell and a Cygolite freeing up space on the bars.

PXL_20230429_185348220.jpg

I take that back what I said about reducing bar clutter. I plan on adding one of these to get me out of tight spots. ;)👍

It could also be used as a way to get the bike off the ground to work on it. Just loop the cable over a branch and attach it to the rear rack.

Don’t have a great need for Bear Spray in the UK.

Young ladies with face glued to phone screen walking out into the road spray, yes, bear spray, no.

DG…
Works great on aggressive, trash-digging 'bears' that bother my bike !!! - and are dumb/ determined enough to hang around after the F 110 motion alarm goes off.
I dumped the 4lb Abus for a cheap, ultra-light combo-lock cable tied in a knot around the frame. Touch the cable the alarm goes off and won't stop for one minute. It's crazy sensitive; rechargeable; remote controlled (car style keychain fob), too loud to know where on the bike it's even coming from and (by a long shot) the lightest in it's class.

20230609_100354[1].jpg

For short runs to the store, Fox five-point-three is handy.
For Cross Country, Bear Spray for sure.

20230809_124817[1].jpg
20230810_145921[1].jpg

A Zero Tolerance attitude helps.
20230810_145334[1].jpg

I really like the light weight !!! Same with the F 110 alarm. It prevents preventable altercations.
I see a lot of heavy metal on member's machines - but no alarm systems?
This is [not] the way 🤖!!!!
-
I do have a fishing kit that adds some weight (he he he)*.
-
A person that picks up trash not litters it, my 'Zero pollution, better than when I arrived is a policy' that includes noise pollution. I'm certain other folks didn't come out to be forced to listen to my music. Those who are not should ask their parent or guardian. If you really want to impress us, consider emollition.
-
Several dangerous problems arise adding weight to a bike.
Poor input control. Top-heavy fork swing. Incorrect Balance. Poor performance. Sluggish acceleration. Maybe you're personally heavy? Well you can and do shift that lard around when riding, but a junkyard on your bars will shift it's weight regardless the desire. It becomes the bike that bites - with sudden '10 x the effort to control' stresses.
The effect's exponential as the center of balance changes with attitude - like turning.
But, my big reason for dislike of junk on my bars is the dang 'unintended fork swing'.
I run a 'V' stand on my last ebike and it damaged my wiring.
My last bike, fork swing stretched the wiring causing strands to tear loose so, (1) performance signals were diminished, (2) It caused intermittent power failures.
I replaced the loom with new wires and bike runs amazing.
If you must roast a suckling pig on your bars, the only remedy I found is carrying a Park Tool HBH 3. The cheaper HBH 2 🤮 did not fit my bars, frame, or geometry, conflicted with my minimalist, titanium wire water bottle holder and I had to remove the King Cage Minithing cage from the downtube - where I keep my bear spray.
That crossed the line !!!
KK's anything cage is even better. Super light and more utility.
Gumbo's fishing kit: (CF) 230gm Rod (ti guides of course) and 310gm (alloy) Reel. Plano plastic tackle boxes stacked on the rack held to each other with hook-and-loop patches.
The composite (alloy/ plastic) table with standard
pannier lock-clips folds out at waist level for bait prep and sits level when the bike's on the kickstand.
My chair's about half a Clique chair's weight - Total right and center bias: 8lbs, 4oz - w/ 7lbs right side.
Left side has a 1.5lb Pannier with (1/2 gallon) 4lbs of distilled H2O frozen in my drinking water bag, a 30liter fish bag and whatever food I bring. About 7lbs
When I gather oysters, there're places along the way (a mile or two) I can obtain 10lbs of ice for the fish bag.
All weight is below my butt. Water and my catch's weight is about where my axles are.
The entire kit (under 16lbs), has little effect on handling, acceleration or my speed, but some added wind resistance and takes 5mins to remove and get naked again.
Form fits function.

I got a bell.
It is neat looking
I have an escape and evasion tactical bag that can easily be attached to handlebar.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230810_222528_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230810_222528_Photos.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 113
This one checks all the boxes: Bouncing rubber chicken, chicken sound synthesizer, airplane, baby unicorn, surfing superhero woman, brass bell, rotational bell, compass with bezel, PedalUma stickers, gel wrapped bar, and backrest. This weekend it is getting child's equestrian adjustable stirrups. The owner is four going on five. I will also install reigns for her next week.

1691798887779.jpeg

1691798254291.jpeg

Hey, if you haven't, switch Tektros' from the green to the red pads for major improvements.
With the right pads I liked those brakes, but for the lack of an e-cutoff Have they improved that?.
The green ones are working just fine. I clean them often. They do have a brake cut-off. It's a bummer yours didnt have that. Was it an older bike?

Yes, it's a 5 year old Ride1Up Lm'td, the older model with 100nm torque
I keep all my brakes spotless and gapped. Replaced rotors, same story.
There's a hill in front of my place. Green pad's always juddered under heavy braking/ had horrible fade/ wouldn't modulate correctly. Downright dangerous on a long downhill.
With the same rotors, I tried the P20 11 red (sports) pads and found a big difference.
Not bad, but still not enough. So I replace the Tektro 2 pots' w/ 4 pot Magura MT5e E-Brakes (w/ cutout) and installed a Magura 203mm MDR-P Rotor in front.
Used some spare titanium fasteners, a security skewer..
While it's still nowhere near the stopping power of the MT 7e's and 220mm MDRP's on my Cross Tour, the MT 5's were a test, to see which I wanted on the CT.
I lost track that Tektro developed a cut-off model when I switched a few years ago.
Only thing got me burned up was turning bike upside down and they had to sit overnight, or maybe even bled to work again.

20230813_080651[1].jpg
20230813_081556[1].jpg

Lucky me, I have the old display that allows 'faster' settings. The bike moves right along.
Recent front view
20220926_105932[1].jpg
20220523_155809[1].jpg

I like your blue accent theme and dumped the (platform) pedals for some blue RaceFace Chesters - lost nearly a pound of dead weight - but I don't like the metal studs so I'm installing RF's Ride model soon.

20230813_083736[1].jpg
20230813_083723[1].jpg

Red Pads MT 5e's
20220601_141145[1].jpg
20220929_160144[1].jpg

Ride on !!!

Fn'F

I like your blue accent theme and dumped the (platform) pedals for some blue RaceFace Chesters
I knew I recognised them! :) I still own a pair of green Chesters but am a fan of CrankBrothers Stamp Large pedals because of my feet size ;)

Good brakes are the most important ride safety item. Congratulations on your smart decisions!

My new compass arrived.

I was having a hard time trying to fit it on my handlebars and the bolts for my shifter and brakes have iron in them and were messing up my reading, so I removed the globe from the plastic housing and siliconed it to my windshield. 😂

20230816_105705.jpg

20230816_105705.jpg

It's function over form as far as I'm concerned, and it works great.
I think it looks kinda cool too.

It does spin around in circles going down bumpy roads, but I just stop and let it settle down.

I upgraded my Yamaha Cross Core to Shimano XT brakes. I had already upgraded the stock mechanical calipers to TRP Spyers, which was an improvement over the original calipers. The XT setup is a night and day difference. The cockpit is still pretty clean.

IMG_5282.jpeg
IMG_5281.jpeg

IMG_4118.jpeg

Left to Right…
Horn Button
Throttle
Screen for cam/mirror
Controller
Headlight
Horn
Blinker switch for Lumos helmet
Switches for on/off… light etc