Show us pictures of your cockpit!

It is a cheap chinese knock off. Just to mount a meter that weighs a few ounces, a knock off mount may work. That mount was given as an example of alternate ways to mount a meter that doesnt have its own mount. I would not suggest to buy a $50 mount for a $10 device. For a $800 phone, I would buy a legit quadlock mount.

Actually, for my phone, I use this mount. I have it wired in to a 48v-12v converter.

Screenshot 2023-07-22 4.35.44 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-07-22 4.34.42 PM.png

My CC. I'll need to get the Werk out next.

@Fast n' Furious
I'm curious about your mirror.
Does your mirror fold in toward your handlebars without tools, so you can get your bike through a doorway?
Can it also stick straight out from the handlebar end?

I'm having trouble seeing past my shoulders especially when I'm riding no hands.

Can you tell me what it is?
I think that I want a couple. I assume that the same mirror works on both the left and right side?

View attachment 158722View attachment 158723
Perceptive. The lightest, best quality and 'I don't want stuff clamped to my bars' mirror I could find.
It's got the perfect look too.
That's a German made Busch & Muller Cycle Star Mirror.
I ordered all four (though they - correctly -advised me the road-bike type wouldn't fit) and this 'short reach curved' model (w/ Domino open-end grips) using their bar-end fitting is my favorite.
Yes, it folds inward to clear obstacles. If you adjust the plug a certain way it will go even further that I have mine set for.
20230722_115639[1].jpg

A small, minimalist mirror, the bar-end placement extends it outward over 70mm past the 700mm for a more complete view around my body. Measure from saddle center line (385mm) outward for reference.
I went 'short' type to keep the weight down - the stem and expander knuckle are alloy, the housing plastic and lenses are glass. I've replaced the M3 SS hex-bolt and nut w/ ti.
Complete - weight is about 76gms. Too small? They make an 80mm (75% larger view area) that weighs 100gms, worth considering.
It's the only mirror I've had that I completely liked.
The expander is nicely made, effective and everything stays put, yet no tools needed adjustment.
Folding it down reduces hand clearance on grips. I'd recommend the longer version - w/ a 6 - 8gms penalty.
Be sure and grease the ball and clamp. It'll still abrade the black anodizing at the joint, but vastly increase the life.
I give these mirrors straight A's.

Fn'F

Last edited:
I don't really get the negativity on the Smartphone hub and I'm a IT guy. The app is great and I like having my iPhone as the display. The only issue is that the clamp was designed with smaller phones in mind. It's at its maximum holding my iPhone 14 Pro Max. You just have to be careful putting it firmly in there. I took a spill on the bike already and the phone stayed put.
I was OK with the sw too and thought it was pretty functional when in use on the bike during a ride. Ultimately replaced it w Nyon because I wanted custom riding modes and it really doesn't play well if you need to use any other apps during a ride(like functional routing sw). The ritual of having to rotate the phone(sometimes multiple times) to start and end rides became tiresome also.

Strongly recommend you use a backup system to secure your phone. The mount WILL break eventually. Mine broke on the bottom when I was going over a pavement transition at about 10mph.

Gone through some changes, but this is a good set up……for now.

I ordered a new set of handlebars. The current handlebars have a 25mm rise. The new ones will have a 90mm rise. I need a couple of more inches height. They are 720mm and my current ones are 660mm. I might have to do some trimming. I’ll also have to extend the front hydraulic brake. So I’ll be doing that for the first time. May have to extend some wires too. We will see. :)

Attachments

• IMG_3053.jpeg
    IMG_3053.jpeg
    460 KB · Views: 101
View attachment 158765View attachment 158766
My CC. I'll need to get the Werk out next.
If you tire of spiral wrap, these guys - Techflex - make high quality Side Entry Sleeving that zips on, zips off.
Using 3/8ths covered the Brake cut-off wires; throttle cable, Display & Control cables; 3 Higo connectors, a large resistor (and on the right side the hydraulic line) inside the sheaths and all the excess wiring doubled back-and-forth as needed. Only mod was the Domino's huge connector was replaced with a Higo
A decent prototype, it looks okay and finally eliminated all 'wire slap'. Now I hear the motor, humming burble of the tires and (over +6" jumps) occasional 'kickstand clatter. I went bananas when bumps made my wires slap the frame.
Come winter, I'm planning a new upper harness and more.
Those are before and after photos and I've certainly got room to improve.

Attachments

• 20230414_140834[1].jpg
    20230414_140834[1].jpg
    720.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 20230414_140922[1].jpg
    20230414_140922[1].jpg
    546.7 KB · Views: 89
  • WattWagons Ti CrossTour Fattie 2.jpg
    WattWagons Ti CrossTour Fattie 2.jpg
    513.7 KB · Views: 82
If you tire of spiral wrap, these guys - Techflex - make high quality Side Entry Sleeving that zips on, zips off.
Using 3/8ths covered the Brake cut-off wires; throttle cable, Display & Control cables; 3 Higo connectors, a large resistor (and on the right side the hydraulic line) inside the sheaths and all the excess wiring doubled back-and-forth as needed. Only mod was the Domino's huge connector was replaced with a Higo
A decent prototype, it looks okay and finally eliminated all 'wire slap'. Now I hear the motor, humming burble of the tires and (over +6" jumps) occasional 'kickstand clatter. I went bananas when bumps made my wires slap the frame.
Come winter, I'm planning a new upper harness and more.
Those are before and after photos and I've certainly got room to improve.
Awesome, thank you

I know some of you guys are minimalists. I'm not, more of a gadget guy. I like my turn signals, I like my GPS and my GoPro. There's also a horn and the remote for one of my garage doors.
PeS4DE.jpg

The battery for the GoPro (bought it used) doesn't charge fully anymore, and there's no easy way to replace this one. I have a USB Y cable so it's powering both the GoPro and the GPS. I generally don't ride in bad weather so I'm not worried about the door being open on the GoPro. Although I did get caught in a thunderstorm today and had to camp out until it was done. Still a drizzle to get home.

Anybody know where half the forums went?

Fn'F
Forum upgrade that ran into some issues..

Forum upgrade that ran into some issues..
TY. Back up I see.
A big hand for EBR !!! 👏

My Riese and Müller Nevo3 GT Vario GX cockpit

IMG_1084.jpeg

From left to right, as viewed;
  • Enviolo gear change
  • Bell (very loud)
  • Garmin Outfront Mount with Varia Radar Display Unit and Varia UT800 Front Light
  • Bosch Nyon Head Unit
  • Supernova Mini 2 Pro Front Light
  • Moon Canopus Front Light
  • QuadLock Phone Mount
  • Bosch Nyon Control Panel

DG…

I'm certainly no minimalist and being an engineer / gadget freak, my cockpit gets a lot of funny looks on the trail: 🤖

View attachment 159808 View attachment 159809
I guess that I would consider myself to be one of those minimalists but I have to hand it to you fellas as I could not for the life of me remember which button to push or dial to turn. More than likely I would reach to find the lights and end up dousing myself in bear spray. :oops:

Don’t have a great need for Bear Spray in the UK.

Young ladies with face glued to phone screen walking out into the road spray, yes, bear spray, no.

DG…
I stand corrected, it was pepper spray and I was actually referring to @6zfsgdb's cockpit which I have to admit looks like a something out of Top Gun. :cool:

Back