Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Yesterday's ride took me on several miles of of a delightful but rough forest road through the Brimfield State Forest in Massachusetts. It was a new route for me and my map does not designate surface types on public roads. The Homage with Rock Razors handled it well. It would have been far more challenging with my Magnum hub drive.

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3068.jpg

I joined a few of my regular roady friends for a 48 mile up to Artist Point on the slope of Mount Baker. We started the ride at the town of Glacier, elevation 1,000 feet. The half way mark was at 5,000 feet, The 25 mile ride up took 60% of two batteries. The ride back down took 10%. It was freekin awsome!! The ride up was a steady, unrelenting grind with spectacular alpine scenery all around. The ride down was fast, furious and fun. By the time we got to the bottom of the mountain, my hands and wrists ached. They are still shaky as I type this post.

View attachment 36663

It looks like such an awesome ride, amazing photos to remember your day by :D 43.4mph max speed, you beat my descent last night by 1mph :p its such a buzz ;) That's why I love my e bike so much, you can get to the top of a big climb pain free and then enjoy the descent :cool:

It looks like such an awesome ride, amazing photos to remember your day by :D 43.4mph max speed, you beat my descent last night by 1mph :p its such a buzz ;) That's why I love my e bike so much, you can get to the top of a big climb pain free and then enjoy the descent :cool:

Funny, the part of me that was the most sore this morning was my hands and wrists. 12 miles dropping 3,000 feet, with no uphill at 5-7% grade 30-40 mph braking down to 25 round the hairpins, total concentration, holding onto the grips with a thumb and two fingers, two fingers on the brake levers, making sure bumps in the road don't shake my hands off the grips, I had to get off the bike at the bottom of the big drop and shake out my hands for a minute before continuing onward. That was something new!

Funny, the part of me that was the most sore this morning was my hands and wrists. 12 miles dropping 3,000 feet, with no uphill at 5-7% grade 30-40 mph braking down to 25 round the hairpins, total concentration, holding onto the grips with a thumb and two fingers, two fingers on the brake levers, making sure bumps in the road don't shake my hands off the grips, I had to get off the bike at the bottom of the big drop and shake out my hands for a minute before continuing onward. That was something new!
Do you use gel gloves? They help a little. In Vancouver some people do a circuit of the 3 local ski hills in a single day! It is over 2100 meters / 6800 feet. They call it the cycling triple crown. Now you have inspired me and I am going to do it! https://cyclingmagazine.ca/sections/ridesevents/48-hours-in/48-hours-vancouver-triple-crown/

Last edited:
Nice day here in NH rode to New Boston NH all pictures are in New Boston. One of the interesting things about New Boston is the history of the Gravity Research Foundation founded by Roger Babson who also founded Babson College in Wellsley MA. Look him up on Wikipedia. The gravity center is now Mollys Tarvern. Roger picked New Boston for the center because it was more then 60 miles from Boston MA and he felt it could survive a nuclear attack. He wanted to harness gravity to use as a power source.

Attachments

• NB1.JPG
    NB1.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 337
  • NB2.JPG
    NB2.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 365
  • NB3.JPG
    NB3.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 336
  • NB4.JPG
    NB4.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 353
  • NB5.JPG
    NB5.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 343
  • NB6.JPG
    NB6.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 328
  • NB7.JPG
    NB7.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 346
  • NB8.JPG
    NB8.JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 348
  • NB9.JPG
    NB9.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 347
  • NB10.JPG
    NB10.JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 325
  • NB11.JPG
    NB11.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 328
  • NB12.JPG
    NB12.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 330
  • NB13.JPG
    NB13.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 322
  • NB14.JPG
    NB14.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 331
  • NB15.JPG
    NB15.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 353
  • NB16.JPG
    NB16.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 338
  • NB17.JPG
    NB17.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 339
  • NB18.JPG
    NB18.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 343
  • NB19.JPG
    NB19.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 340
  • NB20.JPG
    NB20.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 340
  • NB21.JPG
    NB21.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 351
  • Stats.JPG
    Stats.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 326
It sounds like a real white knuckle ride!

It sounds like a real white knuckle ride!
I couldn't tell what color my knuckles were as I was wearing gloves ;)

It was totally exhilarating...the big payoff for the unrelenting climb. The fastest 12 miles ever, in Eco mode, no pedaling and it used 1% of the battery (for head and tail light, i presume).

Do you use gel gloves? They help a little. In Vancouver some people do a circuit of the 3 local ski hills in a single day! It is over 2100 meters / 6800 feet. They call it the cycling triple crown. Now you have inspired me and I am going to do it! https://cyclingmagazine.ca/sections/ridesevents/48-hours-in/48-hours-vancouver-triple-crown/
I did use gel gloves. The ache came from holding on so tight not impact or vibration. The Delight has a well tuned Fox suspension.

A 56 mile ride I did in early July on the Armstrong Trail near Kittanning PA.

Many scenic views along the Allegheny River
36742 36743 36744 36747 36748 36746

The Belmar Bridge which once carried the New York Central Railroad across the Allegheny. It has since been converted for use by the Sandy Creek Rail Trail.

Dam and lock #9. Part of the waterway which allows navigation from the Ohio River above Pittsburgh.

Pennsylvania has a rich railroad heritage and it's nice to see part of it preserved along these rail trails.

The old Redbank Coaling Tower
36750 36752 36751

The east portal of the old Brady Tunnel. Restoration is underway to allow the Armstrong to become part of the Erie / Pittsburgh trail.
36753 36754 36755

I couldn't tell what color my knuckles were as I was wearing gloves ;)

It was totally exhilarating...the big payoff for the unrelenting climb. The fastest 12 miles ever, in Eco mode, no pedaling and it used 1% of the battery (for head and tail light, i presume).
I'm sure they were white under the gloves ;) 45mph gusts here today so I decided to use the motorbike this time, at 462lbs it was the safer option! I did see a very brave cyclist on a carbon road bike braving the side winds at over 1000ft, I could feel it on the motorbike so I'm sure he wasn't enjoying it...

today I scouted out the 3 local ski hills for a suitable triple crown assault route. I only went across the the base of the largest two hills and to the top of the smallest hill. From my home it was 93 km return. I am thinking I will need to drive to the base of the first hill in order to climb them all in one day.
  • 92.83km
    Distance (?)
  • 3:35:30
    Moving Time
  • 1,377m
    Elevation
AvgMax
Speed25.8km/h61.6km/h
Elapsed Time4:00:54

today I scouted out the 3 local ski hills for a suitable triple crown assault route. I only went across the the base of the largest two hills and to the top of the smallest hill. From my home it was 93 km return. I am thinking I will need to drive to the base of the first hill in order to climb them all in one day.
  • 92.83km
    Distance (?)
  • 3:35:30
    Moving Time
  • 1,377m
    Elevation

AvgMax
Speed25.8km/h61.6km/h
Elapsed Time4:00:54
Mountains...:)

Stopped by Meadowood Mountain Bike trail in Lorton, Va. I took the Radwagon down from Arlington. I packed (2) 52v 17ah batteries, one in each pannier, and a 48v 13.5 ah in the frame bag. With all the extra weight, the ride down used up all my frame battery (25 miles one way with some really steep roads in Lorton that I had to climb). I spend this morning adding wires from each pannier bag so I could easily switch the controller to another battery.

I figured 2416 watts was enough to get me there an back.

I also carried a cooler bag in one pannier with some bottles of water and plenty of food and hand wipes in the top bag. I used up 40% of one of the 17ah batteries on the way back. The third battery was probably overkill but just in case.

Attachments

• IMG_20190818_124701.jpg
    IMG_20190818_124701.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 297
Today I made a successful attempt of the North Shore Triple Crown (to climb all 3 local ski hills in a day ). Odometer reads 139 km. It was the first time I used the "walk" feature on the Bosch and boy I was glad to have it, I dropped down and crossed a small bridge over a creek/river and found myself at the bottom of a super steep rocky trail up to the street. The bike was fully laden and I would not have made it up there without the help. Anyways when I got to the top of the first climb ( Mt Seymour ,which is the biggest and steepest of the 3 ) this fellow was there to keep me humble.
1566344057546.png

Back