Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Had a heavy down pour halfway through my ride today.

20180912_084059-jpg.25608

Attachments

• 20180912_084059.jpg
    20180912_084059.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 1,374
Last edited:
Very windy today. 8m/s ( 17.5mph) and gusts at 16m/s ( 35mph). I almost fell over once.
I pass this spot several times a week on my way to my office.
View attachment 25607
Don´t need an e-bike for the 4 mile ride to the office but now that I´ve got it and like it (despite all my complaints:)) I ride it. It´s fun. Great when tackling a strong headwind.
Love your bike. Complete stealth. Is that a Stromer?

Thanks.
It´s a Specialized Vado 4.0
In the US I think you can get the 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 5.0 and 6.0 but not the 4.0. If I read the US website correctly:)

Mr. Coffee.... I'm just going through the pics here again. Missed your dog the first time around! Amazing! So snug. I had to look closely to make sure it wasnt a stuffed animal! (it isnt is it?)

Not a stuffed animal.

The Sandy Hook Trail near Matawan, NJ. The trail runs the entire length of the hook out to Fort Hancock. Took the MTB's this trip but planning to go back with the ebikes this fall.

Sandy Hook 3a.jpg Sandy Hook 2a.jpg
Fort Hancock defends the approach to New York Harbor and was an active Nike Missile base after WW II.

Sandy Hook 1a.jpg Sandy Hook 4a.jpg Sandy Hook 7.JPG
Gun emplacement ruins used to protect New York during WW II.

Sandy Hook 5a.jpg Sandy Hook 6.jpg
Inside the 3rd order Fresnel lens of the Sandy Hook Lighthouse. It has been in continuous operation since 1764 and is the oldest working lighthouse in the United States.

There's a lot of history and a lot to see along this 9 mile level paved trail. Highly recommended.

My e-bike is due for the 1000km service ( actually overdue) and I have an appointment for that at my LBS tomorrow, Monday 17th. It’s a 23km ride from where I live and riding there in the morning and then make a roundtrip to the office with bus and subway would take the better part of the day so I decided to deliver the the bike on Saturday. That way I had time for a pleasant 8-9km detour on the way to the LBS.
A year ago I thought I could ride in this area with my motorcycle but found this sign.
2E0A3A25-0A93-41D0-9D50-A7802703DAA5.jpeg

No problem this time with my e-bike. (maybe it is with a registered 45km/h-bike, mine is a 25km/h)
Behind that sign is a forrest and fields. Didn’t get any nice shots in the forrest.
A683F37E-7341-4DD0-A3E0-3FE391E6F0B6.jpeg

C69559EC-3EFD-49D4-9496-96835180F87A.jpeg

2635D4F7-ECAE-4598-BAF6-577EB453C904.jpeg

Had to pause under an oak as it started to rain. Put on rain pants and continued the last 3km with mixed showers and sunshine.
C51AAC29-D05C-4AD9-B62F-4E7AE9E0100F.jpeg

Moggill Road Cycle Bridge : Brisbane, Queensland, Australia ...
2018_09_19_iaa.jpg

Proper cycling infrastructure (with some help from concrete, steel & asphalt)...
  • Foreground : Moggill Road - busy suburban arterial road + wide, smooth cycle path safely separated from motor vehicles.
  • Background : Western Freeway - trucks and cars and all things fast.
  • Up in the Sky : Moggill Road Cycle Bridge - exclusively for cyclists.
2018_09_19_aca.jpg

• On the bridge and above the traffic - over the left concrete supporting pillar in first photo.
  • Blue sky = brown grass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Monday afternoon around 4.30 I picked up my Vado from its first service. Found a different way home through a nature reserve. It´s basically the same forest that I biked through to get to the dealer on Saturday to leave the bike. This route is more to the west and nearer the city settlement. If you have good eyes you can see the blue track in the map through the forest where I took the pictures.

Map_Return_2_s.jpg

That part through the forest is about 4-5 miles of my way home. (total about 14 miles)
The island just to right of the word STOCKHOLM in the upper left corner of the map is the old town wich is geographical centre of the city.
Maybe I should e-move myself over there and take some pictures to show you.

OK here are pics from part of my way home Monday afternoon. ( shot with 4 years old mobile phone)
Return_1.jpg Return_2.jpg Return_3.jpg Return_4.jpg Return_5.jpg

Return_8.jpg Return_9.jpg Return_10.jpg Return_11.jpg Return_12.jpg

The bad thing about having my bike dealer 14 miles away is that I can´t just pop in to get some help - the good thing is I get really nice rides:)

Last edited:
Moggill Road Cycle Bridge : Brisbane, Queensland, Australia ...
View attachment 25795
Proper cycling infrastructure (with some help from concrete, steel & asphalt)...
  • Foreground : Moggill Road - busy suburban arterial road + wide, smooth cycle path safely separated from motor vehicles.
  • Background : Western Freeway - trucks and cars and all things fast.
  • Up in the Sky : Moggill Road Cycle Bridge - exclusively for cyclists.
View attachment 25797
  • On the bridge and above the traffic - over the left concrete supporting pillar in first photo.
I would like to go to Australia and perhaps do som e-biking but how about all those snakes? :rolleyes:
If they don´t bite you maybe they get stuck in your wheels and you fall over :)

Back