Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

1562716462973.png

Rode to a bike shop south of Stockholm to have a look at a frame bag ( triangular bag that fits inside the frame) I’ve been thinking could be fine for carrying charger and some other thing if I decide to go for over a night tour. The only shop that had this 4 litre Ortlieb bag in store is 18km away but that’s not a problem with an e-bike.
Started 16.15 for my ride through the city. Took me just over an hour to get there including a stop to eat a banana. Easy ride with a tailwind. The bag was fine for my bike so I bought it and had a nice chat with the owner of the shop.
Went back the same way but decided that as I already had spent more than a fistfull of dollars I could just as well spend a few dollars more on a dinner in town. After that I went to my usual outlook a had an icecream.
This was the view today.
1562791440992.jpeg

Sorry for distorted iphone panorama. I left my camera at home.
This cruise ship , Viking Sky, was in big trouble this winter. In last week of March they got engine problems during a storm near Norwegian coast.
Waves reported to 15m ( 50ft) They started evacuate by helicopters and airlifted 470 of the 1400 people. Next morning I think they got some machinery working and with assist of towboats they could get the ship to the harbour of Molde.

Last edited:
Why when people make mention of storms am I reminded of the make believe of Hollywood eg George Clooney or the reality of my time in the Navy. Here's a short clip of reality shot in the Bay of Biscay, off the French coast and used in the documentary film Oceans . On a more serious note, in 24 hours the wife and I will be off to join a ship on the Danube river for a few days of ship and biking. More to follow.

Ever since I installed the Bikespeed RS I found my need for speed drains batteries.

@steve mercier
Pretty soon you may have to get a small trailer to tow your batteries in. ;)

If you zoom in on the picture you can see downtown Toronto in the distance.

Attachments

• IMG_20190707_094802.jpg
    IMG_20190707_094802.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_20190707_094811.jpg
    IMG_20190707_094811.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 411
46 miles yesterday on Pennsylvania's Leigh Gorge Trail. It had rained the day before and the waterfalls were in fine form

P1070499a.jpg P1070505a.jpg

The Lehigh River is higher than usual this time of year:

P1070502a.jpg P1070504a.jpg

Came upon these two sunning themselves not 3 feet apart on a bridge beam. A rattler and his buddy a Black Snake.

P1070500a.jpg P1070501a.jpg

Snakes are common on the trail but rarely bother anyone.

Here are a couple pictures from a 20 mile ride I took along the Genesee River and Erie Canal. Both waterways had really high water levels and the Genesee was really moving. The bridge over the river is right next to where the canal and the river meet. It is a real crossroads for bike trails. The Lehigh Valley Trail, Genesee Valley Greenway, Erie Canalway Trail, and Genesee Riverway Trail all intersect there. My bike isn't in any of the shots because I was sitting on it. :)
20190622_141833.jpg 20190622_150804.jpg

46 miles yesterday on Pennsylvania's Leigh Gorge Trail. It had rained the day before and the waterfalls were in fine form

View attachment 35267 View attachment 35272

The Lehigh River is higher than usual this time of year:

View attachment 35270 View attachment 35271

Came upon these two sunning themselves not 3 feet apart on a bridge beam. A rattler and his buddy a Black Snake.

View attachment 35268 View attachment 35269

Snakes are common on the trail but rarely bother anyone.
WOW those are big fellas! I have never come across anything bigger than a Garter snake. Have you ever pedalled over a snake?

WOW those are big fellas! I have never come across anything bigger than a Garter snake. Have you ever pedalled over a snake?

Yeah, I ran over a black snake once crossing this same trail. I thought it was a stick. I felt bad afterward though since they are quite docile and actually make good pets.

Back