Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

Thanks mate. 'Twas a mere 32kms but after weeks off it was a good start. Silly thing was packing a water bottle, and when I stopped for a water/Nuun tab break I found the bottle had leaked out into my Topeak bag. Dang... one small swig left... 🤣
If it's only a swig left, I prefer a dram ... but then it's almost the Saint's day ...
I have just been tooling the neighborhood daily, trying to get my legs back under me, I'll post if/when that happens.

It's about freakin' time...
Weather, work, and other stuff has kept me off the bike until today. Brushed the cobwebs off the bike (and myself) and headed out with some fantastic temps in the forecast.
Left home at 14C and expecting higher. Did not disappoint. Down to 2 long sleeve layers, and regular gloves.

Yup, still closed. Rats... almost 5 months now!

Complete gridlock on Hwy 99 heading South to the border...

The tide is NOT HIGH, and I'm movin' on...

Mount Baker at 10x zoom...

No idea...

No politics, but yeah...

Half way through I had to lose the top layer.
3/4 of the way I had to roll up my sleeves. Ended the ride at 19C. Could have been shorts and t-shirt!
Finally...
Looked like an awesome day for a ride, Dave. Shorts and T’s would be a rather tall order here but we are expected to reach a high tomorrow of 16C. It won’t last for very long though as we’re back in the deep freeze by Wed with more snow expected in the forecast. Lucky charms for you that it will likely be warm enough tomorrow to don your Leprechaun shorts. 🍀

Looked like an awesome day for a ride, Dave. Shorts and T’s would be a rather tall order here but we are expected to reach a high tomorrow of 16C. It won’t last for very long though as we’re back in the deep freeze by Wed with more snow expected in the forecast. Lucky charms for you that it will likely be warm enough tomorrow to don your Leprechaun shorts. 🍀
Cheers Art, it was great to get out.
Tomorrow should be similar, and then it's downhill from there. In any case it sort of felt like spring had sprung, and dang it... that felt awesome!

We should get one more serious blast of cold and snow down here, if experience is any guide nowadays. But the daffodils are blooming and if "feels" like spring.

Old pics worth looking at.
I ride on dirt most times when not mud

Attachments

• 20210927_092805.jpg
    20210927_092805.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 20210307_103752.jpg
    20210307_103752.jpg
    624.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 20211104_165623.jpg
    20211104_165623.jpg
    441 KB · Views: 41
  • 20220922_150546.jpg
    20220922_150546.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 20211009_110623.jpg
    20211009_110623.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 60
Cheers Art, it was great to get out.
Tomorrow should be similar, and then it's downhill from there. In any case it sort of felt like spring had sprung, and dang it... that felt awesome!
At least the grass there is a respectable shade of green. That in itself would be enough to cheer me up.

We should get one more serious blast of cold and snow down here, if experience is any guide nowadays. But the daffodils are blooming and if "feels" like spring.
I imagine that you folks had your share of winter weather advisories. It was relatively mild for the most part here despite a few pretty intense snowfalls and one extremely cold snap in January. I suspect that this latest spell won’t be the last that we’ll see of Old Man Winter. Until the crocuses start to appear, I’ll keep the snow shovel close by.

At least the grass there is a respectable shade of green. That in itself would be enough to cheer me up.

I imagine that you folks had your share of winter weather advisories. It was relatively mild for the most part here despite a few pretty intense snowfalls and one extremely cold snap in January. I suspect that this latest spell won’t be the last that we’ll see of Old Man Winter. Until the crocuses start to appear, I’ll keep the snow shovel close by.
Yeah, my lawn can get browned up, but green usually wins out...

We are done with snow shovels here . Warmest winter in years, now just deep mud. I spent most of the day reworking the raised beds so Babs can start her vegetable gardens. But I did sneak it a few minutes of bike riding.

Back