Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

A couple of pics from this morning's 20km ride:

ebike-at-brundage-point.jpg
ebike-at-brundage-point2.jpg

Just a quickie 26km today.
My son was over for lunch and then off to work so I said I'd tag along for the ride there and carry on.
He works just a little over 4km away and before we left he warned me "Just so you know I go fast".
Well, OK... challenge accepted!
He rides a Giant Talon E+2 and tends to stick to using "auto" mode. I thought, OK let's see how this goes, and as we left I stayed in auto mode as well.
As expected he couldn't drop me. No surprise, both bikes cut power at 32km/h. I was constantly right on his back wheel. What I did notice though was why his chain and cassette need replacement. He pedals hard, and does not let up when shifting.
That would be why his chain is toast at approx 3600km, and mine is still not showing wear at approx 4800km.
Anyway, I bid him adieu at his work and carried on...

Headed down Scott Road figuring I'd visit Mud Bay. Random park entrance...

Descending a hill I normally climb, I thought I saw a disturbing sight in the distance. Yup... across the bay something is on fire near the water! As of yet I cannot find a news article about it.

As I was leaving I saw this awesome machine in a field, likely harvesting. What I do not know. It crawls along at less than a walking speed...

West bound train with a hella number of cars filled with coal, headed to Roberts Bank terminal for export...

Met a guy with this monster ebike. A Sondors Rockstar, with 750w mid drive. This thing weighs 83lbs!!!

Hard to believe mine's 30lbs lighter...

Decided to get up a steep trail to Nordel Way and head home...

Met a guy with this monster ebike. A Sondors Rockstar, with 750w mid drive. This thing weighs 83lbs!!! Hard to believe mine's 30lbs lighter...
…and judging by that chunky frame it definitely shows not that I'm knockin' the brand. ;) In comparison, your Stance looks svelte and likely a nimbler ride.

…and judging by that chunky frame it definitely shows not that I'm knockin' the brand. ;) In comparison, your Stance looks svelte and likely a nimbler ride.
He said it was a successful crowdfund buy. It does almost 45km/h! At 83lbs I'm not surprised it has a throttle.
In any case he did pass me on the trail 5 mins later. No surprise I guess.
Just looked it up and it has a 21ah battery!

And this is considered their trail rated e-mtb? At over 80lbs that’s massive weight to be cranking up steep technical climbs. Sure, it’s got a ton of power but 40-60 miles of range at what I would assume to be at relatively low power settings isn’t going to do squat for long days on the trail. No specs on shock or rear travel tells me this isn’t a serious trail bike.

And this is considered their trail rated e-mtb? At over 80lbs that’s massive weight to be cranking up steep technical climbs. Sure, it’s got a ton of power but 40-60 miles of range at what I would assume to be at relatively low power settings isn’t going to do squat for long days on the trail. No specs on shock or rear travel tells me this isn’t a serious trail bike.
Looks like a Sram NX drive. Suspension looks like rebranded???

Looks like a Sram NX drive. Suspension looks like rebranded???
I’m sure it goes like stink. It’s the behemoth weight that concerns me and the fact that they don’t provide any details about suspension or much of anything else spec wise with respect to the bike’s other components and it appears that it comes only in one size fits all. Can you imagine trying to lift it over trail obstacles, logs…Looks like it sports decent Tektro brakes though and I think that it’s a great bike to goof around on for someone’s first FS emtb at a value enhanced price point. More of a general all terrain ride rather than an elite trail bike and range is always going to be estimated at best. I'll step off my soap box now. :rolleyes:

I’m sure it goes like stink. It’s the behemoth weight that concerns me and the fact that they don’t provide any details about suspension or much of anything else spec wise with respect to the bike’s other components and it appears that it comes only in one size fits all. Can you imagine trying to lift it over trail obstacles, logs…Looks like it sports decent Tektro brakes though and I think that it’s a great bike to goof around on for someone’s first FS emtb at a value enhanced price point. More of a general all terrain ride rather than an elite trail bike and range is always going to be estimated at best. I'll step off my soap box now. :rolleyes:
Yeah the last thing I'd want to do is pick it up after a crash. Or try and lift it onto my work stand. Or over said trail obstacles.
:)

Ugh... Yesterday was a wreck. I felt horrible with a stomach ache. I have no idea where that came from.
Tried to eat a little something... that didn't work out well...
Today I felt a little better, but exhausted. Ate a piece of fruit, pumped up the tires and went for a very leisurely and short ride...

Went to the greenway...

Visited the multiple field sports complex and watched a couple of kids matches for a short bit...

Decided to head home, and on the way it started to spit rain. Kicked it up a notch and got home as it started to pour.
Hope I feel better tomorrow...

Ugh... Yesterday was a wreck. I felt horrible with a stomach ache. I have no idea where that came from.
Tried to eat a little something... that didn't work out well...
Today I felt a little better, but exhausted. Ate a piece of fruit, pumped up the tires and went for a very leisurely and short ride...

Went to the greenway...

Visited the multiple field sports complex and watched a couple of kids matches for a short bit...

Decided to head home, and on the way it started to spit rain. Kicked it up a notch and got home as it started to pour.
Hope I feel better tomorrow...
Sorry to hear that Dave. Hopefully it’s short lived and that you’re back in the saddle asap. Rest up bud.

Cheers mate, not a great way to end a vacay 🤣
Stomach bugs can be a b**ch, Bro. You don’t have to tell me. Play it safe, get plenty of rest and hydrate. BTW, been meaning to pick up some Nuun tablets at the LBS for my next extended ride. Any particular flavor that you might recommend?

Stomach bugs can be a b**ch, Bro. You don’t have to tell me. Play it safe, get plenty of rest and hydrate. BTW, been meaning to pick up some Nuun tablets at the LBS for my next extended ride. Any particular flavor that you might recommend?
Yeah, still out of it today as well. Oh well, these things shall pass... Cheers. :)
Regarding Nuun, I first purchased a variety 4 pack, as like you I had no idea what might be preferable. I am now ready to resupply and am thinking the Tri-berry (no caffeine).
That said, changing it up can be good too. London drugs has single tubes to try I believe, and the prices are similar to Amazon right now.

Yeah, still out of it today as well. Oh well, these things shall pass... Cheers. :)
Regarding Nuun, I first purchased a variety 4 pack, as like you I had no idea what might be preferable. I am now ready to resupply and am thinking the Tri-berry (no caffeine).
That said, changing it up can be good too. London drugs has single tubes to try I believe, and the prices are similar to Amazon right now.
Cool. I see that LD currently has the singles on sale. Thanks for the heads up! 👍

Someplace I ride every time I go out — my driveway!

IMG_9759(1).jpg

San Diego County is huge, with many different climates from desert to mountain to coastal and everything in between. Turns out that it's also bird central. By a good margin, more bird species reside here at least part of the year — over 500 — than in any other county in the US. The variety of small birds at our patio fountain and feeders seems endless.

Here at the coast, our biggest birds are the great egret (above), great blue heron (below), and brown pelican (bottom).

20230704_123739.jpg
20230704_121359.jpg

The egrets and herons visit our neighborhood from time to time but usually stick to the greenbelt. Have yet to see a visiting pelican or gull, though no shortage of either at the shore less than a mile away.

20230327_135046.jpg
20230327_135045.jpg

The pelicans turn out to be the most talented and graceful aviators of all. Never tire of watching them ride the updrafts deflected by incoming swell, one wing tip just skimming the wave face to stay as close as possible for max lift. They can cover many kilometers of shoreline this way, flapping only to shift from one long wave front to the next.

Last edited:
I saw a couple blue herons today (they're really skittish bird's), and a few redtail hawks.
No egrets today.
I don't know if they left or if I just didn't see any?

We have pelicans here too, but I've never seen a pelican.

Screenshot_20230924-160754_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I can't take half decent pictures with my cellphone so I took pictures in my backyard after I got home.
Does that count?? 😂

Some bugs will let you get really close for pictures,..

20230829_174406.jpg
20230920_192226.jpg

Dragonflies will let you get 2 inches away from them if you stare at them for a couple minutes.

20230903_181939.jpg
20230903_182330.jpg
20230824_103455.jpg
20230824_104043.jpg

I guess that cicadas are 🚬 ers?
Who'd a thunk it ?? 😂

20230824_133614.jpg

Someplace I ride every time I go out — my driveway!

View attachment 163242

San Diego County is huge, with many different climates from desert to mountain to coastal and everything in between. Turns out that it's also bird central. By a good margin, more bird species reside here at least part of the year — over 500 — than in any other county in the US. The variety of small birds at our patio fountain and feeders seems endless.

Here at the coast, our biggest birds are the great egret (above), great blue heron (below), and brown pelican (bottom).

View attachment 163243View attachment 163244
The egrets and herons visit our neighborhood from time to time but usually stick to the greenbelt. Have yet to see a visiting pelican or gull, though no shortage of either at the shore less than a mile away.

View attachment 163245View attachment 163246
The pelicans turn out to be the most talented and graceful aviators of all. Never tire of watching them ride the updrafts deflected by incoming swell, one wing tip just skimming the wave face to stay as close as possible for max lift. They can cover many kilometers of shoreline this way, flapping only to shift from one long wave front to the next.
Beautiful birds. Crows and magpies seem to be the dominant creatures that inhabit our front yards. Just relieved knowing that they're not geese. I have been fortunate enough to see pelicans on our local tributary.

PXL_20230602_211758736.jpg

Random pictures on this morning ride. Stop at Philippine express for goat meat adobo and to Sea food market where I had an expensive Philippine style shave ice topped with pineapple ice cream. Then I pedaled to longs pharmacy, pick up my meds. And then brief Stop at the pump to say hello to the Korean owner then off to pipeline to buy Cannabis.
Temperature was reaching 85 but feel like 95 so slowly I pedaled towards home.
Typical Saturday for me. I got the pleasure of riding while taking care of business. Did all this within 7 miles, furthest destination was to f
First Hawaiian bank. It was next town over at Pearl Ridge was the only one open on Saturday.
Ah the good old liquor store, thats so American.

Back