Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

When I first bought platform shoes
I thought platform pedals required and allowed normal shoes? "Clipless pedals" require special shoes and cleats.
Do we understand each other on the terminology? Do you mean stiff sport shoes specifically dedicated to mountain cycling?

Last edited:
Now I got it! They are not, however, good for the winter. Looking for some good "normal" very warm shoes.

Have you looked at covers for your favorite shoes?
I already have Gore-tex covers. Thank you for the suggestion, will look at it closer.
Besides, I bought me LOWA mountain trekking boots today and several sets of very warm merino wool socks. Should be good for the large platform pedals I prefer.

Last edited:
Wow ,the daffodils are blooming and it is still January in Canada!
1580255346081.png

Last edited:
It's raining!
My planning and navigation app warned me some raining was expected at the beginning of the ride... A little bit warmer today, 4-5 C, stiff headwind on the return way. I wore lighter clothes but put the tube scarf around my neck and cheeks and was just fine. I can't imagine riding without googles during wintertime!
1580254151298.png

The rain stopped soon.

1580254502035.png

Poland took many benefits from joining the EU. This is a small village road of no importance, the quality is perfect. Unfortunately it leads to village of Żukówka where the borough road is one of the worst I could find in the neighbourhood.

1580254751016.png

At an elegant bus stop in Biskupice. They have even provided a strong LED light for passengers' convenience. That time I rode in thick merino wool socks, Bavarian LOWA mountain boots and Gore-Tex shoe covers. It was for the first time this winter my poor tootsies were not frozen out after the ride :)

1580254977348.png

The fire station of the Volunteer Fire Brigade in Biskupice.
Biskupice was a center of Mazovian metallurgy in pre-historic times. Many ancient bloomeries were excavated there.

Last edited:
This pic was taken before my wife ( right) bonked.10 km from home I started leading us up another hill when I heard her say. " Are you trying to kill me Steve?... because if you are, you are doing a good job".
I sympathise with your wife, Steve. Don't you eat chocolate bars en route?

I sympathise with your wife, Steve. Don't you eat chocolate bars en route?
Stefan you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink . We packed Cliff bars ,bananas, apples ,and oatmeal cookies. She ate 2 cookies ,a banana and half of a Cliff bar but by the time we stopped at a Starbucks her blood sugars must have already been out of sorts enough to affect her ability to think clearly as she ordered nothing but coffee. (-:

Hoping to ride today in our Eastern WA Western WA weather. Should I ride the Radmini and run my dog until her heart bursts? Or take the more stately Gazelle out for a cruise? I am leaning towards bursting the dog heart. It needs it.

I like this weather.

<<Dave, I want you to do this whole ride and report back to us>>

Well, you asked for it:

This was so good that I intend to do it again this spring, backwards this time, taking the Amtrak train out to Buffalo and keeping the pedals going till I see my house again in 380 or so miles. Same story, credit card by myself, just tooling along, but paying more attention and enjoying the moments better this time. More like 60 -80 miles a day this time, bigger battery and a bike that has damn near no drag when powered off.

Last edited:
We live right near the canal at the eastern end where it joins the Hudson River, and every summer you see hundreds and hundreds of riders coming through at several times during the summer in various organized trips. Cycle The Erie Canal is the big one, but there are apparently many others. I prefer to do it myself, with no fixed plan and just sort of see what happens next, but I get the charm of the big adventure trip as well.

We live right near the canal at the eastern end where it joins the Hudson River, and every summer you see hundreds and hundreds of riders coming through at several times during the summer in various organized trips. Cycle The Erie Canal is the big one, but there are apparently many others. I prefer to do it myself, with no fixed plan and just sort of see what happens next, but I get the charm of the big adventure trip as well.
Very good Grasshopper you have successfully completed part one of my challenge. Now part two is to complete the same trip on one of these :
1580333613044.png

Back