How does it work? And how well?

I don't know yet.
I'll have to read the instructions.
(I will need to take a course on reading Chinesium. 😂)

I have seen that different controllers have different colored wires for the identical function.

My Das-Kit Controller was all bass ackwards.

The green, yellow, and blue phase wires were reversed on the circuit board.

20230129_195146.jpg

I think that it's because my Das-Kit motor has its motor cable coming out of the left side of the axle.
I think that my armature might be spinning in the opposite direction than most other motors, so they had to reverse the firing order?

More accurately, watch this video at 22:22. He explains how to count “hall toggles”. This will be how many magnets your motor has.

I watched the video and it all made sense to me.
I took a lot of electronics in school back in the 80's, and I know what Millihenry's are.
My multimeter measures conductance and capacitance.

It would be good to count my poles, because I have no idea what my motor is.
It's some rebranded MXUS motor.

My bike with it's new KT controller/display has a pretty good handle on my motor with its software guessing and to test my motor would require splicing into my motor cable for testing so I don't think that I'm going to bother.
Maybe this winter for something to do.

I'd like to know about my C2 setting, but I have no idea what my motor phase parameters are, and I don't feel comfortable playing around with it for fear of damaging something.

Screenshot_20230414-185212_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

I don't mind blowing s*it up, but not my new e-bike.
I kinda like it. 😂

EDIT:
I meant to say "inductance" and capacitance (as well as conductance)
It also measures transistors, but I haven't used those functions since the 80's, so I'd have to relearn how to do it.

20230415_095328.jpg

Last edited:
EDIT:
I meant to say "inductance" and capacitance (as well as conductance)
It also measures transistors, but I haven't used those functions since the 80's, so I'd have to relearn how to do it.

Actually, my multimeter measures frequency.

I probably could have used that to count my magnetic poles instead of buying the ebike tester, but the tester would make things a bit easier and more straightforward.

And it's always fun to buy a new tool.
I may never use it, but I have one. 😂

I thinking about getting that ebike tester too. It would be easier to count magnets with a light. I used my meter to count on the short. It was a bit hard to watch for an ohm value to register. There was a slight delay. An led would be more immediate.

Perhaps knowing the frequency range would help you determine your “Quantum motor phase”? My C2 is set to 0, because IDKWTF it would actually be. Maybe 0 is right, for my motor.

Perhaps knowing the frequency range would help you determine your “Quantum motor phase”? My C2 is set to 0, because IDKWTF it would actually be. Maybe 0 is right, for my motor.

Yeah, I just left mine at 0 too.
I guess that the chances are that it's the correct setting?

It bugs me to not know what the other 7 phase choices are and what they do.

I'll just leave well enough alone before I wreck something. 😂

My dad used to say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
I'd say "Don't worry, I'm sure that I'll break something while I'm fixing it." 😂

Now my spokes are always evenly tensioned.

View attachment 151716

Have to love these - I have soooo low confidence on their accuracy (including mine, Park TM-1, not inexpensive), but at least the ZTTO is cheaper, and they're good for checking consistency. Would sure love it if someone offered one whose calibration could be trusted for ~$100 or less, but there's a huge jump once you go above the Park which this and others are pretty much outright clones of.

Have to love these - I have soooo low confidence on their accuracy (including mine, Park TM-1, not inexpensive), but at least the ZTTO is cheaper, and they're good for checking consistency. Would sure love it if someone offered one whose calibration could be trusted for ~$100 or less, but there's a huge jump once you go above the Park which this and others are pretty much outright clones of.
Yup, true, I am aiming for balanced/even tension on all spokes. I was surprised how some of my spokes were not even close to the others.

putting the tandem on the bike stand to just lube or clean the chain is a real pain. so I made the wheel stand to park it and do that kind of work. I would use a bucket to sit on to do the work but it was not low enough and no place to put anything. so out of srap wood I made the cart. I wanted to inc the plywood and build it with stacked plywood but that would have taken so much ply but I could have made it pretty cool. this way allI had to do was buy wheels and some non slip tape. the top and bottom were already cut. I wanted it smaller but I wanted my mirka toolbox to fit in there so give it a home. the holes for the wrenches has a magnet under there so they don't fall out and magnets on the other side for what ever. the caddy in back pops off too. then before I brought it home I figured a roll around tool cart would be handy too. I wanted to keep it light but it would be handy to be able to push the cart around so maybe I will make it stronger. I wanted it pretty low so I used smaller wheels but I may have to change them out as it's hard to move if I am sitting on it on our asphalt. but I need to test it first. it hurts my esophagus bad to bend over much so this will help eliminate that. even used the bike to haul it home.
IMG_1750.jpeg
IMG_1748.jpeg
IMG_1747.jpeg
IMG_1746.jpeg

Built a wheel last night and installed a Rohloff IG Hub on a new rim (see thread) for my Luna Z1. I tightened the spokes to 1,000N as per Rohloff specs using my $25.00 ZTTO tensioner above. Took the wheel to my local TREK bike store today and asked the wheel builder to check my spokes. They were right on target. No adjustments necessary!

Spoke Torque Tension Tool.jpg

Last edited:
Built a wheel last night and installed a Rohloff IG Hub on a new rim (see thread) for my Luna Z1. I tightened the spokes to 1,000N as per Rohloff specs using my $25.00 ZTTO tensioner above. Took the wheel to my local TREK bike store today and asked the wheel builder to check my spokes. They were right on target. No adjustments necessary!

View attachment 152160
Awesome!
Also damnit; guess I could’ve saved some $$ vs my blue one/Park ;)

I have lots of tools, but I was waiting until I found something kind of unique to post. This was my grandfather's. I have no idea how old it is, probably close to 100years. I don't use it very often, but I have to coming up because I have to run a bunch of black iron pipe for gas line in the trailer.
kd0Jzu.jpg

I just found this behind the fryer in my trailer. We removed the fryer and the griddle so we can run new gas lines and clean everything up. This was just stuck back there. The handle is partially melted, but there's a really nice mennonite hardware stores that stocks a variety of hickory handles.
RFBKoq.jpg

I just found this behind the fryer in my trailer. We removed the fryer and the griddle so we can run new gas lines and clean everything up. This was just stuck back there. The handle is partially melted, but there's a really nice mennonite hardware stores that stocks a variety of hickory handles.
RFBKoq.jpg
Do you have a "Roach Coach"? The best foods I've had from here to Cape Town have been from portable kitchens.

Dismounting Stubborn Tires From Rims

I posted this method in the repairs and maintenance section of the forum and at the request of forum member @PedalUma reposted it here hoping that it could be of help to anyone facing a similar situation when it comes to removing stubborn tires from rims.

The only materials/tools required for the task are enough 2 x 4s to raise the wheel above the ground and of course your choice of tire levers and air pump/compressor.

This technique could also be employed if you have a stubborn tire where the final few inches of bead simply refuse to go on. My go to lever now is the Cush Core Bead Dropper for really stubborn tires.

Last edited:
A few years ago I made friends with a retired doctor that buys tools at auctions and garage sales and then resells them on Craigslist. I've bought a bunch of stuff from him over the years. Yesterday we were running errands and I called him from a store near his house and said I wanted the extension cords he had listed, 250' for $25. Hard deal to pass up. We met up and talked for a bit, got caught up from last time we talked early last fall. While talking I looked down at his table and saw this beauty. Home made grappling hook. What am I going to do with it? Grapple, of course. Did I need it? Absolutely!
86CXYM.jpg

Back