Shock Rebound Problem

marcparnes

My Superdelite came with the Suntour Edge LOR-8 shock. I have the pressure set at 185 psi which is my weight and seems to be really close based on the sag. Problem is that the rebound adjuster (red knob) has almost no effect between fully open and fully closed. In my experience with motorcycles closing the rebound completely would slow the rebound way down but this one doesn't seem to be doing anything. I can feel the detents when I turn the knob so I'm assuming its turning the valve inside but the effect is negligible. I'm testing it by laying on the seat and bouncing the rear up and down while turning the knob. If I hit a good sized bump while riding the rear absorbs it and "boings" back like a pogo stick :( Would someone with a similar arrangement be so kind as to close the rebound knob completely and tell me if it has much effect? I'll probably take a ride up to Propel and have them take a peek as well once I get confirmation that this is abnormal. Maybe just a cheap shock? Hope not...

sorry to hear.

I have a 2018 R&M Delite, and it does not have the Suntour Edge LOR-8; it has Suntour AION fronts and Fusion-X O2 PRO R rear shocks.

I too have exactly the same problem, though this problem took 500 miles to acquire. Initially, my rebound would limit the return to the point it took 5 seconds to come back to full height. Now, just as you say, I'm going down the trail on a pogo stick. In fact, and i'll search in a minute, but I'm pretty sure I have a post with "pogo stick" in it somewhere complaining of this exact problem. Sad to hear it's a problem on the new SuperDelite.. seems they'd have shifted away from inferior components for what I can only imagine is a $12k bike.

Be curious to see what the other members say about this.. lot of fanboy around here.

I googled and found an outfit in North Carolina that, for the paltry sum of $700, is willing to hand build you a proper rear suspension.

Last edited:
Went by Propel today and Chris is going to get it taken care of. They sure are nice people to deal with.

Marc
Can I ask if Chris had it repaired, replaced or did you buy a new one? Mine is at 4500 km (2,800 mi) and the lock out does nothing. I ride at 270 psi as I weigh 104 kg (230 pounds) and often carry up to 10 kg / 22 pounds of stuff. When the lock out worked I used it for road riding, and turned it the other way for the short trails around home. I am considering a new brand of shock altogether, that's if I can find one that will fit the Super Delite.

Last edited:
Can I ask if Chris had it repaired, replaced or did you buy a new one? Mine is at 4500 km (2,800 mi) and the lock out does nothing. I ride at 270 psi as I weigh 104 kg (230 pounds) and often carry up to 10 kg / 22 pounds of stuff. When the lock out worked I used it for road riding, and turned it the other way for the short trails around home. I am considering a new brand of shock altogether, that's if I can find one that will fit the Super Delite.
Have you had it serviced recently? The lockout switch should be replaceable.

Last edited:
I made him a deal to replace it with a Fox Float DPS upgraded one. I believe he repaired mine and put it in his stock for future warranty use. The Fox shock has been no problem at all since.

Back