Service

Ouishank

Region
USA
Hi,
I’ll be buying an ebike this week and have narrowed it down to Trek, Gazelle and Evelo. Trek and Gazelle are sold in LBSs and therefore can easily be serviced. Evelo claims they will work with an LBS if you (the owner) can’t complete the work.

While in a couple of bike shops recently I asked about working on other brands. They all stated that they would work on the mechanical parts, but not the electronics. I did not specifically ask about working on an Evelo,

It would be nice if you could enter your zip code on Evelo’s site to get a list of the partnered bike shops in your area.

I’d like to know if any current owners have been able to find a LBS willing to work on an Evelo.

Thank you.

If service is important to you, then your local shops are the ones that matter. It's been my experience that higher end eBikes have less trouble than cheap ones. I have 2 Haibikes that haven't been back to the shop since I bought them 6 years ago. My first eBike (Sondors) had a motor failure after 1,700 miles.

Until recently, most LBS's were reluctant to work on ebikes but now, many are doing very well selling them and they have come around on the ebike issue due to economic realities. That doesn't mean they will want to work on brands they don't sell or the direct from China bikes, but revenue is king and LBS's need ebike maintenance revenue as well as new bike sales profit to survive.

The EVELO brand uses good quality components and the 4 year warranty is the best in the industry. The motors, batteries and controllers are swap outable and the rest are mainly mainstream bike parts so I'm not worried. As @rich c said, the "high end" better quality bikes don't require a lot of maintenance. I have learned how to do simple maintenance chores myself and I'm comfortable doing most jobs if required. If you're not in that camp, an LBS purchase would be best but understand, they operate like a lot of car dealerships e.g. very few provide good CS at a reasonable cost.

Hi,
I’ll be buying an ebike this week and have narrowed it down to Trek, Gazelle and Evelo. Trek and Gazelle are sold in LBSs and therefore can easily be serviced. Evelo claims they will work with an LBS if you (the owner) can’t complete the work.

While in a couple of bike shops recently I asked about working on other brands. They all stated that they would work on the mechanical parts, but not the electronics. I did not specifically ask about working on an Evelo,

It would be nice if you could enter your zip code on Evelo’s site to get a list of the partnered bike shops in your area.

I’d like to know if any current owners have been able to find a LBS willing to work on an Evelo.

Thank you.
I'm a little late to respond, but did you take the plunge? Care to share what you went with?
Thanks

Those Gazelles are very nice. Trek has a good dealer network. Neither is going to abandon you.

You can also use mobile bike repair businesses to assemble and service/maintain your ebike.

Back