Send us pics of your ebike... loaded with groceries!

Well, you can't see the groceries, but this is at the farmer's market, and I have just loaded up with bread, cheese, carrots, and about a bazillion garlic scapes.

IMG_20190622_112127.jpg

They are made by a company called Fastrider, and I ordered them on Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011J5D1WS/ They come in blue also. They are super cheap in all senses of the word; they clip onto the rack with three plastic clips, and they don't have hooks at the bottom to hold them in place, but I used old toggles salvaged from a worn-out pack to tie the forward clip to one of the rack crossbars, and that works pretty well. The top flaps are held down by velcro. I may make other modifications - we'll see.

Before going to the farmer's market I loaded them up with about 15 pounds of glass bottles and jars to take them to the recycle plant, and that worked just fine. I don't anticipate using these for anything other than shopping and recycle runs so I don't mind that they are pretty cheesy.

ETA: I did a grocery run today and when I got back I weighed them - 29 pounds total between the two, and no problems. I am going to keep an eye on the plastic clips, though, to stave off any disaster caused by sudden failure.

Last edited:
Loaded with 50 lbs of dog food, plus groceries! Working on selling the second car, since our use of it has plummeted (hubby has a CCX, twin to my CCS, and commutes to work daily on it).

Attachments

• 20190629_200341.jpg
    20190629_200341.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 676
  • 20190629_200404.jpg
    20190629_200404.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 675
Happy Spring! Spring means daffodils, warmer temperatures, and longer days, which means I am running more errands on my ebike, leaving my car in the garage! Last weekend, haircuts. Yesterday, a ride to the computer repair store to pick up my son's fixed laptop, during rush hour, an errand that would have taken an hour and a half in a car, but took 45 minutes on my ebike. Today, three baskets of groceries--one bag in each side basket, and one in the front basket.

Let's inspire everyone on this thread with photos of our ebikes doing car-replacement work: schlepping groceries! I have old photos but not a new one, so I'll take a fresh one on my next ebike shopping trip!

Ready, set, ..... GO!

IMG_20190713_095431.jpg

I got a bouquet of flowers home - in a vase - by running a bungee around it and fastening it to the rack. Also in that pannier: mail I've just picked up, a bag of bok choi, two six-packs of beer and local cider, a pound of granola, and a pound of cheese. The other pannier's filled with fruits and veggies.

View attachment 35311

I got a bouquet of flowers home - in a vase - by running a bungee around it and fastening it to the rack. Also in that pannier: mail I've just picked up, a bag of bok choi, two six-packs of beer and local cider, a pound of granola, and a pound of cheese. The other pannier's filled with fruits and veggies.

That's a very pretty pannier.
Ride carefully with that beer. Don't shake it up!! :);)

Sorry, I promised my bike 6 years ago that I'd never make it be my grocery-getter... :rolleyes: Though I do love some of the spirit and choices expressed here, and get kicks and laughs with the photos!

Typically place groceries and heavier items in the rear trunk bag's foldout panniers and use the front basket for lightweight or bulky cargo, often picking up mail from the post office. Here's a photo after picking up veggies and Rainier cherries from the farmer's market last week.

View attachment 35131
Typically place groceries and heavier items in the rear trunk bag's foldout panniers and use the front basket for lightweight or bulky cargo, often picking up mail from the post office. Here's a photo after picking up veggies and Rainier cherries from the farmer's market last week.

View attachment 35131
Is that a Topeak MTX bag on the back of your Como 6.0? Are you happy with it? Just purchased a Como 4.0 and added the Specialized rear rack and am in the market for a bag/pannier. The one on your bike looks interesting.

I'm loving the shopping photos! :) Had a grocery run yesterday... it's always so much more fun than going in the car, and sometimes if I just need a few things my bike becomes my shopping cart!!

Is that a Topeak MTX bag on the back of your Como 6.0? Are you happy with it? Just purchased a Como 4.0 and added the Specialized rear rack and am in the market for a bag/pannier. The one on your bike looks interesting.

Yes this is a Topeak MTX trunk bag. I've been very happy with it. It feels very sturdy and secure yet has a sliding, one button quick release feature so it's easy to take off and put back on the bike. It's also surprisingly capacious, as I've carried several bags of groceries. I would buy it again.

Of note, the sliding quick release feature is called QuickTrack and looks like it needs a proprietary Topeak rack for that to work, so not sure how it would work with your Specialized rack. Here's a link for more information: Topeak MTX.

Well, I had already unloaded the groceries. Then I always seem to find a cat nesting in the front basket of my GSD (I keep some padding at the base of the basket). The bike is so stable, they seem to be able to jump right in and take a nap:

I only needed a few items from WFM today so I left the GSD home and took the R&M (and enjoyed a craft beer before grabbing my items - genius move to put a bar in a supermarket). On exiting the store, I held up and waited a few moments to allow a guy to finish taking pictures of the bike.

Yesterday I took the GSD to another market and I was stopped 3 times whilst locking or unlocking, by passersby with questions.

Back