Send us pics of your ebike... loaded with groceries!

Running errands with an ebike, or a conventional bike for that matter, is certainly eco friendly. These folks are truly in the spirit!

By all means for groceries & other necessities
View attachment 31479 View attachment 31480 View attachment 31481

Getting the kids around:
View attachment 31482 View attachment 31484 View attachment 31483 View attachment 31485

Family outings
View attachment 31486 View attachment 31487

Taking the dogs to the vet:
View attachment 31488

Trips to the recycling center:
View attachment 31489

Trips to Home Depot for that patio project:
View attachment 31492

Shopping for home furnishings:
View attachment 31491 View attachment 31490

Even to and from that flea market:
View attachment 31496 View attachment 31493 View attachment 31494 View attachment 31495

Sorry ebikemom. I know this wasn't in the spirit of your thread but I couldn't resist a little humor at your expense. Please remove my post if I've offended you.
Some folks are truly impressive and risk takers. But I did notice a few that were photoshopped.

Where do you keep your bike when you goto the supermarket? I'm surprised no one has stolen your R&M.😶
I know you aren't asking me, but I lock up to the cart corral. Easy peasy. I am hoping my grocery store puts in some decent bike racks at some point (they have this flimsy old rack made for those road bikes with super skinny wheels.... nope, not for my Pedego, for sure!)

Just a few items in each pannier (including beer and mineral water). The Tern shopping pannier has been quite useful. Have used it for a couple of years on multiple bikes. Highly versatile. Folds up nice and flat when not in use but expands nice and wide. Wide enough to accommodate most restaurant carryout boxes - all except maybe pizza boxes. Anyway, this is the first time I've used the Allant to pick up some groceries. I don't think the minimalist rear rack is rated to carry a lot of weight so I'd only turn to the Allant when a few items are needed:

Attachments

• 20200725_Shopping.jpg
    20200725_Shopping.jpg
    660.7 KB · Views: 334
Tern GSD is one of the most capable utility bikes. Perfect for city dwellers.

If I can keep only 1 bike it will be the GSD.

I cleaned it tonight and took a really good look at the chain, spokes, tires... I'm at about 1,600 miles and 2 years of ownership. Should be falling out of Bosch warranty about now. I'm surprised that the Super Moto-X tires look new. I can hardly detect tread wear. Haven't had a single problem with the bike yet. 1 chain replacement and that's it. Hope to get it in at end of summer to have the LBS go over with a fine tooth comb and check for software updates (Gen 2 motor).

Nothing big, just had to pick up a case of cat food (and some other stuff in the trunk bag).

Love the Arkel Haul-it for cat food - or beer :)
20200728_150824.jpg

And here it is folded up... the bottom hook was too long for a 20" fat folder, so I juryrigged a setup with hose clamps although the hook length is adjustable. In the end easier for when transferring between this bike and a soon-to-arrive OHM Cruise.
20200721_201031.jpg

2 bags of mulch. Perhaps I could have fit 4. But I didn't want to pay inside at the garden center only to go outside to load my bike and find they wouldn't fit. So I think a 2nd trip is in order:

Attachments

• Mulch1.jpg
    Mulch1.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 172
  • Mulch2.jpg
    Mulch2.jpg
    561.8 KB · Views: 175
2 bags of mulch. Perhaps I could have fit 4. But I didn't want to pay inside at the garden center only to go outside to load my bike and find they wouldn't fit. So I think a 2nd trip is in order:
Now that's a haulin Machine right there ! 👍

I’ve been shopping for a good lock and panniers but I haven’t bought anything yet because I don’t trust leaving my bike anywhere. Even locked up I don’t trust leaving it somewhere. I keep my bike in the garage and I should have it locked up out there. But I’ve had my other bike out there for years and nothing has happened to it. But my new Trek ebike is worth 4x what it’s worth. I do want to use it for errands but just can’t bring myself to do it.

Have no photos right now, but want to mention that when I T-boned a passing car last October, I was returning from a grocery run. Luckily, the bike fell on me so it wasn't damaged. The fire dept. took bike and cargo to my place, just a few blocks away, and when I got home from the hospital, found the beer in the pannier/rack was okay, as well as the other groceries. Didn't even get agitated enough to foam over.

I use folding wire baskets in place of panniers, plus a trunk on top of the rack. The baskets work well, though they are rather cheaply made, and require bungees to stay folded up. I like that a full sized reusable shopping bag fits nicely within. I also stretch a bungee over the bag, running it through the carrying handles, as I have read a couple of complaints that groceries can bounce out of the carriers.I always tell the checker that I have my own bags, and will load them myself.

By the way, I often only have enough groceries to load one side. In my experience, off-balance cargo has no effect on the handling of the bike whatsoever.

More mulch, Starbucks and a few plants. The young fellow at the garden center tried to talk me out of loading the mulch - "I've never seen anyone do this before - these bags are 50 pounds each!" ...

Attachments

• GardenCenter1.jpg
    GardenCenter1.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 112
I love going shopping with my bike.

Attachments

• 9C8CA092-9736-46C1-B548-C83F5B66588F.jpeg
    9C8CA092-9736-46C1-B548-C83F5B66588F.jpeg
    546 KB · Views: 119
  • B1880467-0967-4DF9-9CDD-40538809178A.jpeg
    B1880467-0967-4DF9-9CDD-40538809178A.jpeg
    463.1 KB · Views: 123
Since we got the ebikes, we've started watching the "daily deal" at the grocery store. Wouldn't drive for the deal, but ride for the deal regularly. Also to the home improvement store. Haven't tried a sheet of plywood yet!

Attachments

• 4624.jpeg
    4624.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 104
1654710392663.png

Reasonably small groceries in two panniers and a backpack. A Vado SL not complaining even on far bigger shopping! I even managed to buy fresh strawberries and ate them all! :)

Back