Scratches through paint in seat post ring on brand new Turbo Vado 5.0 IGH

Nonlinear

Hi, I got my Turbo Vado 5.0 IGH about a week ago. I absolutely love the bike, and my LBS has been great. However, I noticed that the ring that tightens the seat post has several deep scratches, through the paint and into the metal. The aesthetics of this don't bother me, but I'm wondering if these might rust over time (I live in Vancouver), and weaken or lead to other problems for the bike. I've attached some photos - it's hard to see, but you can see several scratches (they look silver) on the black paint on top of the seat post ring.
Any suggestions on what to do? Should I just ignore it, or should I follow-up with Specialized (I could also follow-up with my LBS, but I have a good relationship with them, and don't want them to think I'm a picky customer!)
PXL_20220831_232052808 - Copy.jpg
PXL_20220831_232110584 - Copy.jpg

I have same clamp on older bikes and they are still perfect. Looks like someone beat on them or scuffed it across a rough surface. They’re aluminum so won’t rust. Make sure to use a torque wrench when you tighten them. Black permanent marker makes good touch up.

I have same clamp on older bikes and they are still perfect. Looks like someone beat on them or scuffed it across a rough surface. They’re aluminum so won’t rust. Make sure to use a torque wrench when you tighten them. Black permanent marker makes good touch up.
Thanks!

This is odd, I just got my Vado 5.0 IGN and had the same problem with the same part. This looks like you took a picture of my bike. I didn't mention it before I picked up my bike, but I should have. I just ended up ordering a new part for $18. I don't mind the scratches so much, maybe a little, but there are scratches going right over the Torq rating, and I don't want to get that wrong.

Back