Turbo Vado SL5 vs Skitch Flatbar! And the winner is...

No doubt there are cases where converting drop bars to flat might create a sizing issue. But every frame size is already expected to have a range of rider heights/proportions. Santa Cruz use the same frame for both flat and drop bar versions. The general sizing guidelines show that for a given frame size a higher range for rider height for drop bar versions. This supports the notion that swapping drop bar to flat bar might result in too short a reach if at the extreme end of height for a given frame size. But if not in the edge case, swapping the bars shouldn't be a major issue.
Well. I dunno. Diverge (drop bar) and Diverge EVO (flat bar) are different e-bikes. I rode both of them.

Exactly. Comparing two different bikes using two different frames doesn't really address the viability of swapping bar types on either of them. By offering flat/drop bar versions on the same frame, Santa Cruz Bicycles shows it is viable. And since the LBS has already done the swap on other Creos, I'm not worried about trying it out on my Creo.

Exactly. Comparing two different bikes using two different frames doesn't really address the viability of swapping bar types on either of them. By offering flat/drop bar versions on the same frame, Santa Cruz Bicycles shows it is viable. And since the LBS has already done the swap on other Creos, I'm not worried about trying it out on my Creo.
Good luck :) So far, there is nobody in this Forum riding a Skitch :)
As you know, I went all the way of converting my Vado SL EQ into an unequipped gravel e-bike with flat handlebars. If I bought a Creo 2, it would be a blasphemy for me to convert it to flat bars. Same, as converting a Vado SL into a drop bar e-bike.

I'm interested with your future experience!

I heard "flat bar Creo" and it just blew my mind. I'd never given that any consideration!
Skitch was (and is still not) available in my size. So got a Creo 2 comp, swapped out the handlebars and brake/shifter levers for a flat bar, flat bar brake levers (same as on my Tero) and an AXS shift pod. Added Ergon GP2. And the Skreo was born :). Turns out the additional parts still kept the Creo 2 conversion to about the same cost as the flatbar Skitch AXS would be. Only have a couple hundred miles since the conversion but I am really liking it. Downside is the Skitch's Fazua motor seemed a bit more powerful as well as having the fun boost option., Upside is the 1.2 motor is still pretty good and much improved over my 4 year old Vado 4.0 SL motor, I get to use the range extenders I already have and the future shock along with the fatter tires make the ride more comfortable than either my Vado SL or the Skitch that I tested. I also like the stock specialized assist bips and the added AXS shift pod more that the controls that were on the Skitch. And I would have added the Ergons to the Skitch anyways. Only thing I really didn't like about the Skitch was the stock round grips.

Attachments

• 2024-04-17 10.30.25.jpg
    2024-04-17 10.30.25.jpg
    805.2 KB · Views: 38
Nice, I have really enjoyed the Creo since I flat bar converted mine, it was a great bike before but back problem forced the issue, after 4 yrs of ownership I feel I have got it exactly right for my use.

Attachments

• IMG_20230928_102230_456.jpg
    IMG_20230928_102230_456.jpg
    611.4 KB · Views: 31
Back