RONG! Size

Gerbear42

Region
USA
I find that I bought a bike that’s too big! Wull Dang! I am the proud owner of a Specialized Vado 3.0 ebike. It’s a size L. On my third ride, I missed a shift on a steep climb and had to dismount quick. That didn’t go so well. I do NOT want to do that again..........ever. So It’s going up for sale and I will buy a Size M as soon as it sells. Any suggestions or offers? And NO, I have no plans to remove the family jewels.

Whoa, that model is a lot of money!
Welcome to the site.
I've been knocked off the seat before by a dog hitting the front wheel, bang, feet on pavement @ 10 mph. Fortunately it was a girl's bike. In the used market those are usually not as tore up as the boy's frames.
I try to warn newbies about fitting the frame to their measurements, but people get all captured by the electric & features part and forget about the bicycle part. One size doesn't fit all. I had to have my small frame shipped in from California. All the frames my size here are single speed, pink, with Holly Hobbie logo on the up tube.
There is a bike sale forum down at the bottom of the base page. List your oversize bike there. When listing update your region or put your location in text. Shipping can be $600 across the country if you don't have a box and a volume discount.

Did you talk to the store manager at the retail location? They may be able to take the Large and make it a demo bike to help them sell more bikes. And keep a happy customer.

Whoa, that model is a lot of money!
Welcome to the site.
I've been knocked off the seat before by a dog hitting the front wheel, bang, feet on pavement @ 10 mph. Fortunately it was a girl's bike. In the used market those are usually not as tore up as the boy's frames.
I try to warn newbies about fitting the frame to their measurements, but people get all captured by the electric & features part and forget about the bicycle part. One size doesn't fit all. I had to have my small frame shipped in from California. All the frames my size here are single speed, pink, with Holly Hobbie logo on the up tube.
There is a bike sale forum down at the bottom of the base page. List your oversize bike there. When listing update your region or put your location in text. Shipping can be $600 across the country if you don't have a box and a volume discount.
I’ve been riding for years. I should know better! But, its’s never too late to be a fool. This bike is proving to be VERY popular. Take a look at the Web page.
I just ran out of patience and bought what was available.

Attachments

• D8B0D607-053D-4631-9A20-3AF83698050F.png
    D8B0D607-053D-4631-9A20-3AF83698050F.png
    841.5 KB · Views: 204
I get it. this keeps happening. I tell people about the cauterization and sutures. These bikes only go through dealers. Work with the dealer. Maybe they will get you a slightly different bike. Como? A guy got a flat on his new Vado today and two riders approached him from opposite directions to help. They sent him to my close-by workshop. As I cleaned, lubed and repaired the flat I wrote a new Beach Boy's song:

We all go ridin’ past Olompali

And little granny Jane with her bad knee

She’s ridding so fast no one can see

What her secret just might be..

She’s got the Vado from Novato

Vado from Notato

Dealer said...”Hmmm, let’s see. I see you have now dings, scratches or even visible dirt and the ODO says 148 miles. I can take it back for 1150 or allow you a trade-in of 1400. Which would you like?” I plan to sell the bike, but NOT to them. I listed in on Craigslist for SF Bay.

Dealer said...”Hmmm, let’s see. I see you have now dings, scratches or even visible dirt and the ODO says 148 miles. I can take it back for 1150 or allow you a trade-in of 1400.
Which would you like?” I plan to sell the bike, but NOT to them. I listed in on Craigslist for SF Bay.
Sorry to hear your woes.
The dealer is very shortsighted if they do not offer you a full price credit in this hot Covid sales environment.
The tide will turn and they may regret the decision to low-ball your new bike at 1/3 of the new price with only 148 miles. I would name the dealer. 😉

Sorry to hear your woes.
The dealer is very shortsighted if they do not offer you a full price credit in this hot Covid sales environment.
The tide will turn and they may regret the decision to low-ball your new bike at 1/3 of the new price with only 148 miles. I would name the dealer. 😉
I don’t know this guy’s full story. I can say what happened, but now why. So I try not to judge or “teach lessons”. If what he did was intended for ill, that’s one source of ill in the world. If I offer ill back, then there are TWO sources of ill in the world. Now there’s a pandemic I can stop. I will leave it be. Join me in this type of response if you can. It looks like a thankless task on the surface, but it really helps my digestion and in getting a good night’s rest.

Rong has a certain RING to it. I like some humor and go it. If someone is humorless that is their life. I am converting a 2021 Specialized to electric right now. It will chase down and eat Creos for lunch. And it will not look electric.

The one I am working on now is to help a woman who's bike was stolen. It was her only transportation and she is in stage 4. We did a go fund me. My labor on this one is free. It is a Purple Extra Small. It will be all through frame with zero zip ties. The photo is of one of my personal bikes. The battery is the 'water bottle.' It has a coaster brake and eats Oreos for snacks.

Attachments

• unionjackH2o1.JPG
    unionjackH2o1.JPG
    502.4 KB · Views: 206
The one I am working on now is to help a woman who's bike was stolen. It was her only transportation and she is in stage 4. We did a go fund me. My labor on this one is free. It is a Purple Extra Small. It will be all through frame with zero zip ties. The photo is of one of my personal bikes. The battery is the 'water bottle.' It has a coaster brake and eats Oreos for snacks.
Well done... please post the go-fund-me site.

Install a dropper seatpost for mounting and dismounting. Its the only way I can ride a bike that fits when pedaling.

Dealer said...”Hmmm, let’s see. I see you have now dings, scratches or even visible dirt and the ODO says 148 miles. I can take it back for 1150 or allow you a trade-in of 1400. Which would you like?” I plan to sell the bike, but NOT to them. I listed in on Craigslist for SF Bay.
You've priced it well. You could also list it in the for sale by owner forum here, and on bicyclebluebook.com.

@Gerbear42: Sorry to hear about your trouble as indeed Vado 3.0 is an excellent e-bike. Let me share my story:

When I was buying my first two e-bikes (including a Vado), I was not in the position to even see them before payment and delivery. Since my own "standover height" is 30.7", I had to be very careful. (In 2013, I bought a traditional bike, too large; it taught me a lesson). Therefore, I selected Step-Through frames in both cases and never regretted that. Since, I always study geometry of any e-bike I'm interested with. For instance, the standover height of the third e-bike I bought (a Giant e-MTB) was good (as I checked its geometry prior to the purchase). It turned out a similar Specialized e-MTB in the same size M would be too tall for me!

If it ever comes to the purchase of the fourth e-bike, it will be "demo ride or no buy" :)

@MikeDD has suggested installing a dropper seat-post. While it's a splendid idea (because you could stop the e-bike and plant both feet on the ground without ever leaving the saddle), there are several weak points. Price - droppers are expensive. External or internal cable routing? External looks bad but the setup is very simple. Internal? The LBS should dismantle half of the bike to eventually say: "Sorry, no space for an extra cable!"

I gladly hope you could find a satisfactory solution.

Back