Vado 4.0 Sale Price

Huge difference in components between 4.0 and 5.0. Not so sure the 4.0 is a great deal at 2800...
It's not just a great deal....it is a superb deal. Shimano brakes. SRAM NX drivetrain. 70+Nm motor. 700+Wh battery. Obvious quality engineering and construction. Big name brand with boundless service opportunities. IMO the 4.0 lacks nothing and is THE smartest choice in the lineup imo (if money matters to you).

I contend that $2749 for that bike & maker is unmatched in the industry and I fully expect the 4.0 to go up by $1K or more on July 9th.

Yes, $2,749 is a crazy-great price for Vado 4.0. That’s why I have a deposit on one for my wife. Heck, just a replacement 700wH battery for the bike is $1,400 list price.

Best part for me is that the low price is allowing me to “get away” with spending $6,500 for a Tero X 6.0 for myself! ;)

Now if someone hears about a forthcoming Tero X 6.0 sale price please speak up.
Have a great we everyone.

Yes, $2,749 is a crazy-great price for Vado 4.0. That’s why I have a deposit on one for my wife. Heck, just a replacement 700wH battery for the bike is $1,400 list price.

Best part for me is that the low price is allowing me to “get away” with spending $6,500 for a Tero X 6.0 for myself! ;)

Now if someone hears about a forthcoming Tero X 6.0 sale price please speak up.
Have a great we everyone.

Yup. I'll be honest....I bought that Vado 4.0 because of the sale price and for a secondary/errand runner style bike....and I'm really not riding it as much as I expected. I'm still getting most of my miles on my SL. Regardless I am completely happy to have the Vado 4.0 in my garage for times that I want 'that type of bike' given my $2750 out-lay. A no brainer for me. Hopefully I'll begin using it more in the near future. It is fun to ride and entirely capable....I just don't get the same degree of exercise on the big Vado as I do with my SL. These are just two differing animals.

Last edited:
I think the Vado 4.0 is better than my Gazelle C380.

More natural motor, more battery, a little quieter, looks less like an e-bike, step over option in the US, much wider tires, and lastly I just do not like the Enviolo igh at all. The C380 is $5k.. I just struggle to see why it’s better. I recently test rode a Vado 3.0 too.

Bosch smart system is pretty nice. The controller and software are very good. What else competes with the Vado at $2750?

Last edited:
i just purchased a levo sl for $7k US - on sale $1k from an even nuttier $8k pricetag. but had to have it after such a great experience with sl4 and making up for only thing it doesn't do well - working really rough trails. i say - take advantage of the sale prices - $2700 is perfect price

It is interesting to observe just how much price flexibility Specialized has. In that for a given model lineup, all the models (at least of the same material, aluminum or carbon) use exactly the same frame. So the $10,000 Turbo Levo Expert T-Type has the same frame as the Turbo Levo Base Carbon that was on super-sale last year for $3,500 (I kick myself for not getting that). And the on-sale Tero X 4.0 at $3,750 has the same frame as the $6,500 X 6.0 which I am about to buy.

Sure, differences in motor and componentry, but Spesh is a huge company--that now even owns some of the parts brands they use--and they negotiate heavily. So split some of the retail price differences with the dealer's cut (which is not all that much), and even with the parts cost differences it is clear they do very well when the user urge to have the top model kicks in. 😆

at the moment, in the US it’s $2750 vs $5000… the differences in the components don’t justify that IMO, it’s not like the 5 is rocking 12 speed dura ace 😂
Couple things I noticed were the 4 had Sun Tour front suspension (meh) and 2 piston brakes. The 5 has Rockshox and 4 piston.

It is interesting to observe just how much price flexibility Specialized has. In that for a given model lineup, all the models (at least of the same material, aluminum or carbon) use exactly the same frame. So the $10,000 Turbo Levo Expert T-Type has the same frame as the Turbo Levo Base Carbon that was on super-sale last year for $3,500 (I kick myself for not getting that). And the on-sale Tero X 4.0 at $3,750 has the same frame as the $6,500 X 6.0 which I am about to buy.

Sure, differences in motor and componentry, but Spesh is a huge company--that now even owns some of the parts brands they use--and they negotiate heavily. So split some of the retail price differences with the dealer's cut (which is not all that much), and even with the parts cost differences it is clear they do very well when the user urge to have the top model kicks in. 😆
The margins on product in the bike industry must be gigantic.

Not for the dealers--there is a lot of squeeze and anytime you consider a boutique retail business (costly products, service staff, not a continuous flow of wealthy people/purchases) there is high overhead for staff, space, insurance, advertising, etc. Best dealer margins are on the clothing, parts, and accessories that people (hopefully) buy at their LBS.

For the manufacturers, who knows. Profitability of large corporations has to be looked at as a whole. The margins for a given product line do not tell the whole story. Specialized is a private company so it is hard to know profitability on their $500 million+/year gross revenues.
In reality, very few business industries are "easy money" and super high margin. [Though I have always thought that the pizza chain in my small town seemed like a dollar-printing goldmine! ;) ]

nope. they made too many bikes during the bike boom, and now have to get rid of them. profit margins are low or fading, and it won't be surprising to see some significant changes, consolidation, bankruptcies, etc.

keep in mind that they laid off a significant amount of their workforce last year...

nope. they made too many bikes during the bike boom, and now have to get rid of them. profit margins are low or fading, and it won't be surprising to see some significant changes, consolidation, bankruptcies, etc.

keep in mind that they laid off a significant amount of their workforce last year...
i agree. and a lot more competition now. when i bought my sl4 in '21 could hardly get a bike nevermind the one i wanted. and that kind of situation demands high prices. not so much now. everyone has an ebike to offer at this point and there's a lot of stock

they set the retail price of the levo i bought at $8k - it's a 42lb carbon ebike with a 1.2motor and 320 batt at 50nm pwr. well, a comparable bike - the cannondale moterra sl2 that just came out is full power ebike at $7k, 45lbs, batt over 600 and 85nm. pretty comparable and available in store. so even at the 'sale' price of $7k for the levosl - it's still a high price imo. and they're not exactly flying off shelves at sale price. pretty much all sizes available. so how will specy price it back at $8k and sell any - they won't and i believe not long from now this $7k bike will be priced more like $6k. ebike prices will come down and pretty dramatically. not to mention lots of used equip out there

i agree. and a lot more competition now. when i bought my sl4 in '21 could hardly get a bike nevermind the one i wanted. and that kind of situation demands high prices. not so much now. everyone has an ebike to offer at this point and there's a lot of stock

they set the retail price of the levo i bought at $8k - it's a 42lb carbon ebike with a 1.2motor and 320 batt at 50nm pwr. well, a comparable bike - the cannondale moterra sl2 that just came out is full power ebike at $7k, 45lbs, batt over 600 and 85nm. pretty comparable and available in store. so even at the 'sale' price of $7k for the levosl - it's still a high price imo. and they're not exactly flying off shelves at sale price. pretty much all sizes available. so how will specy price it back at $8k and sell any - they won't and i believe not long from now this $7k bike will be priced more like $6k. ebike prices will come down and pretty dramatically. not to mention lots of used equip out there

I just bought the Cannondale Moterra SL for 7K. I hate paying full retail for something I know the price will drop on, but it had that perfect balance of weight, specs, and power that I was wanting, plus a local dealer. And it is pretty awesome. Oh well, I figure it's my one luxury this year.

But yes, the competition from this and some other SLs I was checking out says $8K is pushing it for how the Levo compares.

I just bought the Cannondale Moterra SL for 7K. I hate paying full retail for something I know the price will drop on, but it had that perfect balance of weight, specs, and power that I was wanting, plus a local dealer. And it is pretty awesome. Oh well, I figure it's my one luxury this year.

But yes, the competition from this and some other SLs I was checking out says $8K is pushing it for how the Levo compares.

you made a great choice ender and the cannondale price is good - 85nm and 40-some lbs for $7k. i test rode one and the shimano motor is absolutely silent. for me though - the down tube size is a deal breaker - but i really think cannonadale probably the better value overall in the sl catergory over specy at this time - enjoy your new ride!!

Couple things I noticed were the 4 had Sun Tour front suspension (meh) and 2 piston brakes. The 5 has Rockshox and 4 piston.
A good Suntour fork is more than adequate (the only drawback is its heavy weight!) Suntour makes plethora of different suspension forks: from the laughable to pretty good ones. Mine has an adequate oil damper, making is suitable for...

1719638640533.png

1719638410475.png

Gravel racing. The photos were taken on a 15.4% climb, and I left my traditional cycling buddies in the dust, as it can be seen :)

The four-zero is the best value for the money, especially as the actual max torque of the motor is 83 Nm, and it is the big 710 Wh battery. Brakes? Well, these are upgadeable :)

Last edited:
Back