Vado 4.0 Sale Price

The $2,750 sale price is simply too good to pass up--so I just bought my wife a medium Vado 4.0 step-through! She is thrilled.
Heck a replacement battery for the bike is almost half the cost of the total bike at this price.

For myself, I have on order a medium Tero X 6.0--in the new color that the Specialized rep says is coming in July.
I really wanted the Morning Mist white, but even calling around (and the corporate rep checking all their corporate-owned retail stores) there is not a single one in North America in that color. I hate the all black models and if I am going to pay $6.5K I at least want a color I can stand.
The new color coming soon on the Tero X 6.0 is the Gloss Deep Lake Metallic--same as seen on Specialized's Epic World Cup Pro.

I really like that the big 710wH battery of the Vado 4.0 and Tero 6.0 are interchangeable. Will be nice, in case one of us runs low during a long ride we can swap. :D

This is my first post on this forum. I have enjoyed lurking and learning from your folks for a while.
Happy trails!!
--Alex C.
Smart move on both counts!

Apparently the white bike has never been produced.

Apparently the white bike has never been produced.

Really?! I’ve seen that color in all sorts of magazine reviews on the web. Did they produce only a few—for the reviewer circuit?
So odd that they would show and list it on their website if they never made them available.
If that really is the case then I feel a bit better. Thought I was just too slow and missed out.

As it is, Tero X 6.0 are in short supply. Very few size medium in any USA dealer stock.
I’m supposed to find out this week—from my dealer and his corporate rep—if the greenish color X 6.0 will truly arrive by late-July.

I do wish there were some clean and easy solutions to mounting a flat rack over the back fender. I’d like to carry lunch, some drinks, and maybe even a hydration bag back there.

Really?! I’ve seen that color in all sorts of magazine reviews on the web. Did they produce only a few—for the reviewer circuit?
So odd that they would show and list it on their website if they never made them available.
If that really is the case then I feel a bit better. Thought I was just too slow and missed out.

As it is, Tero X 6.0 are in short supply. Very few size medium in any USA dealer stock.
I’m supposed to find out this week—from my dealer and his corporate rep—if the greenish color X 6.0 will truly arrive by late-July.

I do wish there were some clean and easy solutions to mounting a flat rack over the back fender. I’d like to carry lunch, some drinks, and maybe even a hydration bag back there.
Weird, a google search shows you're right -- some reviewers have been given white models.

There has been a fair bit of discussion on here about it never having been available for purchase. I've never seen it available in the past 1.5 years.
Actually talked to Specialized too and they said there was no date given for in-stock, and that it was strange (normally they would have date, if even a placeholder).

That metallic green looks really nice!

That metallic green looks really nice!
It's funny because in some pics the Deep Lake Metallic looks greenish, and in others blueish. I like it either way, especially the gloss instead of flat.

2023-Specialized-Epic-07072.jpg

By the way, I'm 5' 6" (and probably shrinking since I'm 62 years and a really bad back). I'm assuming that a medium won't have me hunched over too far (that's part of what I am trying to get away from from my analog bikes; racing in drops in my youth gave me the bad neck posture I have now).
But I think a small might be too cramped--plus I'm really looking forward to the mullet that comes with medium and up Tero X (small comes with 27.5/27.5).
Seeing a lot of people like the SQlab 12-degree or 16-degree backsweep bars so I'm sure that's an option if I'm not comfortable. My wife's Vado 4.0 will be a good posture comparison for me as its bars have more rise and sweep.

It's funny because in some pics the Deep Lake Metallic looks greenish, and in others blueish. I like it either way, especially the gloss instead of flat.

View attachment 177916

By the way, I'm 5' 6" (and probably shrinking since I'm 62 years and a really bad back). I'm assuming that a medium won't have me hunched over too far (that's part of what I am trying to get away from from my analog bikes; racing in drops in my youth gave me the bad neck posture I have now).
But I think a small might be too cramped--plus I'm really looking forward to the mullet that comes with medium and up Tero X (small comes with 27.5/27.5).
Seeing a lot of people like the SQlab 12-degree or 16-degree backsweep bars so I'm sure that's an option if I'm not comfortable. My wife's Vado 4.0 will be a good posture comparison for me as its bars have more rise and sweep.
The gold is a really nice accent. I found the reach a bit long. In general I have a shorter reach for my height though.
@Ben J did you mention this too?

I'm 6'4" and I have a Tero X 6 XL. That agrees with their sizing guide and my life experience that I need the largest size of everything. On me that produces a medium posture (say around 45 degree slope to the back), not upright and not aggressive.

IMO the biggest negative to comfort is the width of the bars. I've mentioned before how the Tero X mixes road/trail capabilities by mixing road/trail parts: It's got trail suspension, tires (stock), and handlebars, while it has road fenders, lights, pedals, grips, etc. I think it would be better if each part was a good compromise (which is why I switched the tires to JW, for example, and the grips to a different Ergon). But back to the handlebars: They're wide at 750mm (though MTB riders do go wider). For comparison, the Vado 4 handlebars are 680mm. The width lowers your posture and engages different muscles and puts different stress on your hands/wrists. I added sqlab innerbarends to get a narrower grip. I go back and forth on the idea of cutting down the bars. There are times (fairly rare the way I ride) where the width is nice.

And re: White color mentioned earlier: Seems like reviewers all got white Tero X's but it's never been available on the website. I really wanted the white one and debated waiting for stock. Super glad I didn't!

The gold is a really nice accent.
In the interest of transparency, the Spesh rep told my dealer that while the Deep Lake Metallic is the forthcoming new color for Tero X 6.0, the decals will be different. So nobody should count on the gold-ish lettering.
I'll just be very happy if the color pops the way it does in the pic I posted--and if my dealer really can get me the bike before August!

BTW, I am curious about what pedals you all are running on your Vados and Teros. I'd imagine that nobody here has kept the craptastic Specialized "Commuter" pedals that come stock. I've run clipless (and real toeclips and cleats before that--with wooden sole Duegi shoes!) all my life--on both road and MTBs--but since a really dumb, near stand-still fall I had that broke 3 ribs (guess my old bones are brittle now!), I'm planning on going with some nice flat pedals.
Looking for recommendations.

Also, since water bottle mounting on these bikes is challenging odd, I've been pondering putting hydration bag in either a rear rack or seat post mounted pack. Anyone else done something like that? Guess I need to check the available tubing lengths with Camelbacks, etc. I sweat, so I don't want to carry any pack on my back.

Ciao! :cool:

But back to the handlebars: They're wide at 750mm (though MTB riders do go wider). For comparison, the Vado 4 handlebars are 680mm. The width lowers your posture and engages different muscles and puts different stress on your hands/wrists. I added sqlab innerbarends to get a narrower grip. I go back and forth on the idea of cutting down the bars. There are times (fairly rare the way I ride) where the width is nice.
Hi Ben:
Thanks so much for your messages. Yes, the shock of modern MTB bar width. Here's a pic of my beloved 1987 Wicked Fat Chance (yes, I have been riding this bike for for 37 years; recently restored it a bit more; before that I rode my road race bike on fire roads--42/28 low gear, that's front rear, not other way around! Oh to be young... ;)). The bars are 510 mm wide. So the Tero X bars will come 9-1/2 inches wider! Wow, that will take some getting used to.
IMG_6710 Large.jpeg

And re: White color mentioned earlier: Seems like reviewers all got white Tero X's but it's never been available on the website. I really wanted the white one and debated waiting for stock. Super glad I didn't!
Thanks for confirming that. And in looking at video reviews, I have not actually seen a reviewer with the white one... o_O So odd.

Last edited:
BTW, I am curious about what pedals you all are running on your Vados and Teros. I'd imagine that nobody here has kept the craptastic Specialized "Commuter" pedals that come stock.
I actually am. The grip tape is pretty effective. At some point I may switch to a combo SPD + flat pedal. My issue is that SPD shoes that fit my feet are hard to come by and very expensive.

Also, since water bottle mounting on these bikes is challenging odd
I use a "feed bag" to carry one bottle and put a second in the only usable water bottle slot.

For the weird/tiny mount on the bottom bracket I have the ABUS Bordo Ugrip Lite 6055 in its stock bracket (sold separately). It's a lot flimsier than other folding locks, but it's fine in "keep honest people honest" situations. It's a squeeze to lock any substantial part of the bike because the ebike frame is thick and the lock is short. There's a thread about this lock on the forum somewhere.

They're wide at 750mm (though MTB riders do go wider).
Priceless on a singletrack, a nuisance on better roads!

I added sqlab innerbarends to get a narrower grip.
The best way to go! Not sure what spread of your arms the Innerbarends give you, it is 44 cm on my both e-bikes, and it is the drop handlebar hood spread for road bike size L.

BTW, I am curious about what pedals you all are running on your Vados and Teros.
My choice has been Crankbrothers Stamp size L (tried models 1, 3 and 7, and the 3's are the best value for money). As Stamps are equipped with steel traction pins, proper flat shoes are recommended. I wear either Adidas FiveTen Freerider Pros or Specialized 2FO DH Flat. (You need to learn how to avoid hurting your legs with the traction pins though!)

The best way to go! Not sure what spread of your arms the Innerbarends give you, it is 44 cm on my both e-bikes, and it is the drop handlebar hood spread for road bike size L.
I can certainly tell there will be inner bar ends in my future... :D

My choice has been Crankbrothers Stamp size L (tried models 1, 3 and 7, and the 3's are the best value for money). As Stamps are equipped with steel traction pins, proper flat shoes are recommended. I wear either Adidas FiveTen Freerider Pros or Specialized 2FO DH Flat. (You need to learn how to avoid hurting your legs with the traction pins though!)
Thanks for that info. Yeah, I'll be looking at new flat shoes also--since my expensive Garneau mountain/road shoes are for SPD cleats. (Those Adidas look nice, but as usual, the Spesh shoes are truly ugly. Does nobody at Specialized have any sense of design flair or color? 😆)

Perhaps this is less notable to most folks?....but I was rather smitten with this Specialized sale price and thought I'd shine a light on it for those that might have been 'on the fence':

In the USA Specialized is now running a sale on the full power Vado 4.0 for $2749....previously $3999.
While bike shopping for a family member...minding my own business.....not shopping for a new bike for myself.... I came across this sale and after some consideration I decided that I could not resist the temptation (Stefan made me do it). I already have a Vado 4.0 SL. I don't need the full power vado, however, I often dreamed of having the full power version as a 2nd bicycle.

My SL is my go-to bike for weekly fitness, however, as I have it currently setup my SL is a poor choice for commuting, errands, grocery/liquor runs etc. I could do these things on my SL....but I prefer to keep my SL rather naked as this best suits my primary use for the bike. The full power Vado will be a great addition and increase my capabilities (and time on a bicycle)....I might even succeed in getting my wife to tag along for a ride or two.

Specialized can be seemingly nonsensical as it relates to its 'sale' prices. My Vado SL 4.0 was on a steep sale at $2499 back in June of 2023 when I purchased it...only to rebound to $3499 since that time.
The Vado 4.0 at $2749 seems (if only to me) like a 'steal me' price....and the dealer offered 18 months 0% interest....I think this is a superb bargain on a great bike.
I find it difficult to imagine that a Vado 4.0 will ever be less expensive than $2749. I had my choice of color and size without issues. It should be a nice spring/summer season.

This 4.0 version is now priced below the Vado 3.0 ($2999)....and at the cheapest price level among any/all of the Vado/Vado SL product line.
Just bought a 2024 Vado 4.0 sl. LBS had it for sale at $1899, list $3400?

after riding it, told the manager I was thinking of a number I’d buy it for. $1500. Did not counter. Out the door plus tax less than. $1600

Thanks Stefan and yes...I agree. Thankfully I have some experience in this regard having owned my Vado SL now for almost 1 year. I slowly did modify my SL.
I added a RedShift stem, a side mirror, Ergon GP3 grips, Stamp 7 pedals, and GravelKing tires. Most recently I changed to a Garbaruk chain ring (out of necessity). That is all....and I am satisfied with the bike....and satisfied with all upgrades completed.

As far as the incoming full power Vado 4.0 I plan immediately only to add a side mirror. I do, however, have some necessary bits for the near term in mind including security lock(s), pedals, and a pannier style basket for groceries.
Hi what size gravel king tire a did you install? Was thinking about replacing the tires with 42 mm gravel king

Reporting back with disappointing news: The Spesh rep just got back to my LBS and said that the new Deep Lake Metallic color for Tero X 6.0 is not going to be available until January/February 2025. :rolleyes:
Not going to wait that long!

Does anyone here know of a company similar to RideWrap that offers wraps in colors? RideWrap offers only clear. I'd love to put some color on deadly dull flat black Tero!
If not, maybe I'll take off the fenders and have them painted something wild. ;)

@Superdad: Just take any Tero X 6.0 available despite of the frame colour. The colour will grow on you soon :)

1719520179578.png

March 13th, 2021, Specialized Warsaw. I wrote on Facebook: 'I won't buy this one, even if I wanted...' On June 23rd the same year, I was riding home from the LBS on the very same e-bike. I wanted a Vado SL in Sage but decided I would not waste a cycling season to wait for the delivery just because of the colour... :)

@Superdad: Just take any Tero X 6.0 available despite of the frame colour. The colour will grow on you soon :)

March 13th, 2021, Specialized Warsaw. I wrote on Facebook: 'I won't buy this one, even if I wanted...' On June 23rd the same year, I was riding home from the LBS on the very same e-bike. I wanted a Vado SL in Sage but decided I would not waste a cycling season to wait for the delivery just because of the colour... :)
I was pleased with my color choices....although I really did like the SL in sage too.
I just didn't want red, black, or that urine yellow that was offered for the SL.

PXL_20230812_132400305.jpg

PXL_20240407_190905790.jpg

Back